Has Anyone Made The Roller Mechanism Work With Another Firearm Family? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Made The Roller Mechanism Work With Another Firearm Family?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Pretty sure he was just blowing smoke I asked him to contact me............Crickets....................
    I could probably be talked into buying another one, if we could make it $300 a month over 100 months.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I could probably be talked into buying another one, if we could make it $3000 a month over 13 months.
    Here I fixed it for you
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Here I fixed it for you
    But wait, I thought sear prices were collapsing?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I assume he was talking about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld3GZR3sSVs

Cool. Thanks. I cannot seem to find High Caliber Conversions LLC contact info. Only their YT page shows up when searching.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Pretty sure he was just blowing smoke I asked him to contact me............Crickets....................
    Hi there, I didn't intend for someone to actually offer a payment plan with my reply. I'm actually grateful that you have asked and will keep you in mind in the future. It is not that I don't want to buy it, it is that I don't have the funds yet and cannot commit to something that it is not that important to me at this time. Perhaps I should have been a tad more technical in my statement " I would jump on the band wagon if they had such payment plans when I have the money to burn".

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

But wait, I thought sear prices were collapsing?
    In what alternate universe are you living?

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    Hi there, I didn't intend for someone to actually offer a payment plan with my reply. I'm actually grateful that you have asked and will keep you in mind in the future. It is not that I don't want to buy it, it is that I don't have the funds yet and cannot commit to something that it is not that important to me at this time. Perhaps I should have been a tad more technical in my statement " I would jump on the band wagon if they had such payment plans when I have the money to burn".
    No problem..................

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

In what alternate universe are you living?
    The one from this thread:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-ta...g-falling.html

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Fake news!!!!

7n6

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

LOL.

Throw the king's tax stamps in the harbor.

7n6
    Last edited by 7n6; 08-29-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    So, you're not interested in answers that don't have transferable sears, so it has to be something that is not newer than 1986.

What is it about a roller bolt system that you like so much that you'd like to have it inside an AR15?

I think the smart thing would be to find another kind of transferable auto sear that could be used in conjunction with custom parts in or on an HK rifle. The FNC auto sear is in your price range.
    Personally, I have found that the greater the mass moving in the gun, the more the gun tends to move while being fired. Especially when the mass of the bolt is a higher percentage of the entire mass of the gun. The AR, as an example, in 5.56X45 has around the came mass in the bolt group and buffer as the X3 series (53, 33K, 33) roller locked guns. To me the real difference is in pistol caliber. The bolt group and buffer of the blow back 9mm AR is much heavier than the MP5 9mm bolt group. Why, because the MP5 bolt group diverts some of the recoil energy into the receiver. So the MP5 9mm bolt group is much lighter.

I'm fortunate to own both a Fleming HK sear and a DIAS. I have tried about every product under the sun to get my blow back 9mm Colt system as smooth as one of my 9mm roller locked clones with the HK sear. So that got me thinking, is there another transferable firearm family that uses the roller locked system?

For the sake of argument, SIG does make a pistol caliber piston system that has a lightened bolt group. Problem is they didn't put it in an AR. They put it in a proprietary AR style firearm. But since it is not in the same family, that upper can't just be used on a Colt style 9mm lower. Yes a FNC could be adapted. But that would require making a FNC complete 9 mm version from scratch. I hear that Spike's Tactical has a new semi auto system that uses a rotary lugged bolt. But instead of the back of the bolt lugs and the inside of the barrel extension has lugs that are square at an angle. he pistol is new and proprietary

The roller locked system is is off patent. It works well. So instead of reinventing the wheel, I thought adapting the off patent roller locked mechanism to another mechanism that is propriety. I certainly think the roller locked mechanism improves function compared to blow back.

Scott

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links