Suppressor height night sights - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Suppressor height night sights

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I hope you are right, but it's too bad they have to build a new plant to offer suppressor height sights on a pistol who's sole purpose is to mount a suppressor.
    Agree, and mill out the slide for rmrs on Tacs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I hope you are right, but it's too bad they have to build a new plant to offer suppressor height sights on a pistol who's sole purpose is to mount a suppressor.
    They didn't need to, that's just that HK arrogance that they know what's best and want everything to be OEM on their guns. I am told they complain about our guys swapping out parts to fit their personal preference or mission. Ever notice how the Norwegians keep everything HK OEM on their guns? IDk as I am not there, but more then one have mentioned it to me.

We lost our best advocates at HK as they were pushed out and the the unfortunate passing of Jim. Time will tell I guess.

I don't know if they feel people can aim through the suppressor at the distances most would be using them in most situations or??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I just watched a video from the hk booth from the 2017 shot show. The hk factory rep stated they were shipping the Tac without suppressor height sights and were using Heine at their booth to demo the Tac.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like HK put Heinie Slant 8's on their first HK45CT's, see serial number AF 128-000006

http://www.defensereview.com/stories...-StillLife.jpg

As many years ago as that was, you'd think they would have had plenty of time to design and manufacture suppressor height iron sights for their threaded barrel models. Maybe they're actually acknowledging that operators have their own preferences for iron sight configurations (E.G. 3 dot vs straight eight)

As chunky as RMR's are, they may end up relegating iron sights to when compactness is more important than size.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    In my limited experience, I only know the CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey has this feature straight out of the box. Can you show me another out of the box suppressor ready gun that has suppressor height night sights already installed?
    I know this is an HK forum, but since you asked... my FN FNX-45 Tactical came with a threaded barrel and proper suppressor height night sights. I can easily see the sight picture over my Octane 45 HD.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevez View Post
    I just bought a HK45T with the express reason of course to then get a suppressor. Shame on me for not researching this first, but I never in my life thought anyone would make a gun specifically designed for suppressors that didn't have sights you could see with. Absolutely amazing. I've been looking at the Obsidian (sp?) 45 but can't tell if I will be able to see my sights above the can.
    Beretta m9a3! :D comes with threaded barrel and short sights.

My new hk45 T came with suppressor height sights by the way, but rear sight has no dots so it needs to be exchanged!
    Last edited by metinemre; 04-12-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

At that fateful last HK day, didn't Wayne mention they were working on getting suppressor height sights on the VP9T?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links