How do you turn an MP5 and a G3 into parts kits? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you turn an MP5 and a G3 into parts kits?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Thanks to all for the information and humor.

airforce1, I'm a total civilian (pastor of a small evangelical church), so no possibility of sticking them in a diplomatic pouch or getting them out on military transport (not even sure the latter would be an option if I were military).

I have considered offering to let the U.S. Government use our property for a regional consulate (which would make it U.S. territory).
    I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but damm the EU sucks, on multiple occasions things like this re-inforces my decision to leave the UK and start the path of becoming a US citizen.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you investigated the possibility of a Diplomatic Courier to get them out of the country?

Once you are at a consulate or embassy you are on US soil.

I would at the least investigate the possibility. All they can say is no.
    Born in the US of parts made in Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg.

Devastation to your doorstep in 30 minutes or less...Minuteman III LGM30G.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but damm the EU sucks, on multiple occasions things like this re-inforces my decision to leave the UK and start the path of becoming a US citizen.
    I didn't come to France because of its position on gun rights. However, until these recent changes, it has actually had fewer restrictions on some things. Until 2011 anyone could buy a suppressor without any paperwork and no tax stamp. Since 2011, you have to request a permit (no charge) if the suppressor is for a Category B gun, but no permit is needed if it is for a Category C gun. There was no special regulations for SBRs, and military surplus AK47s and M16s that had been transformed from full auto to semi-auto only have been quite common (considered to be Category B guns) until the new changes go into effect.

As for the EU, that for the Europeans to decide. There are bright spots. The Czech Republic has filed a law suit against the changes to the European laws in the hope of having them overturned.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
    Have you investigated the possibility of a Diplomatic Courier to get them out of the country?

Once you are at a consulate or embassy you are on US soil.

I would at the least investigate the possibility. All they can say is no.
    At this point, I'm not looking to create an international incident. And since the 2 guns in question are currently illegal to import into the U.S. (at least for an ordinary civilian like me), it's a moot question.

Hopefully the French government will decide that it would be too difficult to enforce the confiscation of the number of guns that will be affected, and will opt to let those who already have them keep them. We will see soon enough.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Well, it seems that those of us in France have a temporary reprieve. The French implementation of the new European gun laws was supposed to come out last week or this week (we've been told that it is all written - with no consultation with any of the gun rights groups) but it now seems that it will be at least a couple of months, if not longer, before the contents are revealed. None of us have any idea if the delay is good or bad. There does seem to be some after the fact consultation going on, but we don't even know if that is good or bad either since most of the groups in France that claim to represent gun owners more often appear to be propagandists for the government position on ever increasing gun control. So they may just be getting their talking points to convince us how lucky we are to only have some of our guns confiscated, or they may actually be fighting the restrictions. Time will tell.

For the moment the angle grinder is going back on the shelf and I will be taking the MP5 and G3 to the range.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Well, it seems that those of us in France have a temporary reprieve. The French implementation of the new European gun laws was supposed to come out last week or this week (we've been told that it is all written - with no consultation with any of the gun rights groups) but it now seems that it will be at least a couple of months, if not longer, before the contents are revealed. None of us have any idea if the delay is good or bad. There does seem to be some after the fact consultation going on, but we don't even know if that is good or bad either since most of the groups in France that claim to represent gun owners more often appear to be propagandists for the government position on ever increasing gun control. So they may just be getting their talking points to convince us how lucky we are to only have some of our guns confiscated, or they may actually be fighting the restrictions. Time will tell.

For the moment the angle grinder is going back on the shelf and I will be taking the MP5 and G3 to the range.
    Well that's maybe good news for now. Still though, terrible situation. I hope Czech and Swiss tell the EU to go pound sand. Maybe Czech will pull out of the EU over this. Would send a nice loud message.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links