SP5K SBR Optic Suggestions?! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SP5K SBR Optic Suggestions?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Veritas you are right I was looking at the picture wrong! This may be the best set up for an RMR indeed. I still am not too happy about losing the back sight though. I'll do some more searching and reading. Thank you to all that have responded thus far.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tangokilo5000 View Post
    Thank you Sickness. I read the thread and the other threads addressing the RMR on the SP5K. It seems the thread discusses removing therear sight which is welded on. Would require some machining which I would rather not do to the SP5K. I will keep reading other threads. I am a new member but not new to HK. I trained with MP5s in the Marines for many years in CQB. This is a really great forum and I wish I had joined a long time ago but was mainly a lurker and reading threads.
    Negative.

The rear sight is not welded on (if it were, how could it be adjustable?). The sight base is welded to the receiver. The sight assembly screws into the base. Look at your rear sight top-down. There is a big honkin screw. Loosen it, and you can adjust the rear for windage. Remove it, and you can remove the entire assembly.

Now slide on, and install the RMR adapter .. and you have an RMR as your rear sight. Not difficult to install. Not difficult to shoot with.

I personally prefer a T1 on an ultra-low mount, which co-witnesses with the SP5k sights. But there is something to be said about the extra bulk/weight of the system in comparison to the RMR.
    Last edited by sickness; 11-23-2019 at 12:55 AM.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What would work great is if there was an RMR type optic that had cross hairs or solid dot inside it like the reticle on scopes. Then it would have to be adjustable somehow though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sickness, you are 100% correct I am thrashing myself on my home quarter deck as I type this. I'm a rock. Lol

I emailed the guy to see if he has any mounts left in stock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What would work great is if there was an RMR type optic that had cross hairs or solid dot inside it like the reticle on scopes. Then it would have to be adjustable somehow though.
    I realize this is kind of impossible given the fact that the dot on the reflex sight floats around.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    My point was it’s fundamentally impossible to have cowitness without a rear sight, but I get that it lines up sufficiently well.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlrgsxr View Post
    My point was it’s fundamentally impossible to have cowitness without a rear sight, but I get that it lines up sufficiently well.
    Yeah, I suppose from a terminology perspective, calling the setup "co-witness" may a bit misleading. But from a practical point of view, its basically the same thing. One has an optic, the dot lines up on the front sight, and if the optic goes down one can still shoot using the irons.

PJT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I can confirm that the rear sight RMR mount works very well. Just make sure you buy the original mount from the guy that did the group buy and not the one on hkparts.net. I bought both- the hkparts.net one did not fit well, and wasnt machined as well. Yes I could have modified and fitted it, but the original group buy one fit perfectly and is rock solid. I use it on a SP5K to mount a Holosun 507c, and it works perfectly, even OFF as mentioned earlier, works like a giant ghost ring, and works just fine for close quarters self defense ranges. The top of of Holosun is rounded unlike the RMR, and so works better in my opinion if your red dot goes down. Love how minimalistic it is, just a tad larger then the iron sight, and adds no weight. Highly recommended.

I don’t have a closeup picture of it with me right now, but here is a pic of the “9mm smg” section of my gun wall. SP5K on the left with the rear sight mounted Holosun. Scorpion Micro in the middle, Grand Power Stribog on the right, with a boring Glock19/Roni and AR-9 down below . . .
    SP5K SBR Optic Suggestions?!-26ddd99e-dfd5-40c5-ac94-e8c3bb991685.jpeg
    Last edited by PJT; 11-24-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I read some posts that this mount was not as well made as the group buy one:

https://beta.hkparts.net/product/hk-...rmr-p18234.htm

Anyone have any experience with the one in the link or purchased it?

PJT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I read some posts that this mount was not as well made as the group buy one:

https://beta.hkparts.net/product/hk-...rmr-p18234.htm

Anyone have any experience with the one in the link or purchased it?
    Hey Tango, read my post just above yours- I bought both, and the group buy one was much better then the HKpartsnet. I wasn’t in on the group buy, but was able to find the guy that made them through this forum and order one a couple of months ago. Could have just been my SP5K, but the group buy one was better machined, steel, and fit perfectly. I would go with that one if the guy still has them available . . .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links