HKPRO Forums banner

SP5K SBR Optic Suggestions?!

22K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  apdrvr 
#1 · (Edited)
Awaiting the stamp on my SP5k to sbr. I am thinking of a RDS and wondering what others have, and any info on brand/mount etc. Haven't taken any measurements yet to think about co-witness, lower 1/3 etc. Any info and suggestions appreciated! I am kinda partial to Trijicon RMR or MRO if anyone has that setup.

Thanks,
Mike

PS: Should add I am planning on using the upper rail that was included with purchase (if that makes a difference)

#46 ·
Aimpoint micro on the B&T mount is a classic.
I wouldn't mind an RMR mount since it's a bit more aesthetically pleasing with the optic. However, the most common option out there replaces the rear sight...which is a no go for me. There doesn't seem to be a "traditional" claw mount that makes it cowitness.

#47 ·
I called Aimpoint when I purchased the H2 micro. They said to replace the thick/tall HK mount that came with the SP5K with the B&T low mount that attaches directly to the firearm. I got the extended low mount to help clear the charging handle better. Aimpoint also said to get the fixed and not quick disconnect attachment for the H2 that attaches to the B&T mount. He said the QD when going on and off will hold zero for practical purposes but not 100%. This provides a 3rd co-whitness where the Aimpoint dot is between the top of the front post and the top of the sight ring. Very easy to get used to and shoots 1" groups at 25 yards. Perfect for me.

#49 ·
I went with an AIMPOINT T2 Red Dot, with a B&T low mount. The only issue, the mount has the T2 too close to the cocking handle, making it tight to operate. I ended up getting a MFI, which gives a couple more rails to adjust the T2's position.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.