Suppressor for the MK23 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor for the MK23

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

problem with wipes is that you need to replace them after you shoot, correct?

And from what I understand, the wipes are themselves an NFA item?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@Phil Flack :

Many thanks for your response. Glad to have my citizenship application accepted here and to add 2 residents (my wife included) as 2A advocates fighting to keep NC a free state and drive the SJW’s far away as possible.

2nd - my statement may have been off as a new resident who recently was granted back many of my God given rights (coming from NJ where no open or concealed carry is allowed to “common citizens” among many many other issues) - I was on another board where he mentioned he was in a county where he did not have a 2A friendly sheriff, if I recall he was someone who helped our asinine governor Cooper get elected. I think sheriff of county where Wilmington or Charlotte is?

Basically he told me that our sheriff is very friendly and if I wanted a suppressor he would have no problem signing off. Obviously he is off on his assessment as you mentioned and is good news for me for sure - but I got the gist of what he was saying as I gathered some friendlier counties in our state process CCW permits faster, pistol purchase permits (a friend told me he came back to the Sheriffs office after a week to pick his up and he lives in Charlotte but when I went to Raleigh they were ready in 5 mins) - etc

Not meaning to derail but thanks for your post and I’m excited to be able to get a suppressor mainly for my Home defense pistol - God forbid I need to discharge in my home with my 2 dogs around I do not want to injure them if I can help it and it’s worth a lot to me to have that be an option.

Let’s hope we can get National Hearing Protection Act passes someday and we can all buy with a NICS check, somewhat “normal”, not that I think a suppressor purchase even warrants anything besides a drivers license.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

"Let’s hope we can get National Hearing Protection Act passes someday and we can all buy with a NICS check, somewhat “normal”, not that I think a suppressor purchase even warrants anything besides a drivers license." Quote

If the dip$hits in Hollywood keep making a suppressed gun sound like a mouse fart it is going to be an uphill battle. The law makers all believe the Hollywood sound effect, education will be the key to ever getting that bill passed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Education might help with the general population, but not the politicians. Suppressors are an identity politics item now. Republicans support it so it must be evil. One of the loudmouth democrat congress critters (Warren maybe?) already put out an 'educational' tweet or something back when HPA was gaining major momentum that used 'research' to prove that suppressors were bad.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mew View Post
    azimuth the one with wipes is it quieter or the same?? very cool collection.......
    Surprisingly, I tried them side by side and the CT (smaller suppressor) sounded nearly as quiet as the full size ones. With the wipes, to my ears it sounded quieter than the full size. Of course I'm old and my senses are likely dulled from years of abuse.

ETA: Tangentially, I finally installed the Lumens Factory LED module in my LAM 1450. It is so sweet. Much brighter light very well made with aluminum rather than plastic. One day this week I'll post pics of the laser pattern generator I modified for the visible red laser. It changes the little red dot to a triangle, square, cross, T or circle. Pretty kool!
    Last edited by azimuth; 12-04-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    problem with wipes is that you need to replace them after you shoot, correct?

And from what I understand, the wipes are themselves an NFA item?
    Somewhere I've got a much copied letter from the ATF stating the wipes are not NFA controlled items. Still others claim they are. Given the consequences for trespass of the law and that the ATF can interpret on its own, I choose caution. I bought extra wipes and leave them stored as directed. The suppressor requires 3 when used with wipes. They are only good for ten-ish rounds before they burn out. I suppose by the ten round most of the bad guys know you are there. lol

mew
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azimuth View Post
    Surprisingly, I tried them side by side and the CT (smaller suppressor) sounded nearly as quiet as the full size ones. With the wipes, to my ears it sounded quieter than the full size!
    Yeah I would imagine it would considering the smaller hole and assume it was made for a few super quiet shots in a specific mission format not full time use with the 10 round limit. very cool set you have sir.......
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Somewhere I've got a much copied letter from the ATF stating the wipes are not NFA controlled items. Still others claim they are. Given the consequences for trespass of the law and that the ATF can interpret on its own, I choose caution. I bought extra wipes and leave them stored as directed. The suppressor requires 3 when used with wipes. They are only good for ten-ish rounds before they burn out. I suppose by the ten round most of the bad guys know you are there. lol
    I think the latest flip-flop came from reports that the ATF made retailers pull their wipes, and/or they demanded records of who has bought them to send them 'turn them in' type letters.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

ETA: Tangentially, I finally installed the Lumens Factory LED module in my LAM 1450. It is so sweet. Much brighter light very well made with aluminum rather than plastic. One day this week I'll post pics of the laser pattern generator I modified for the visible red laser. It changes the little red dot to a triangle, square, cross, T or circle. Pretty kool!
    We eagerly await this report!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    We eagerly await this report!!!

Tony
    Just need to get through the next couple of high pressure days. Will post up on Fri at the latest. It's pretty kool. Worth the price of admission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links