Dealer told me DLO triggers packs are useless and "dead" but that doesn't sound right - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dealer told me DLO triggers packs are useless and "dead" but that doesn't sound right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    As far as shooting multiple calibers, trigger pack and sears are the same, push pin is severely handicapped.
    Thank you! That simple clarification is one thing I've been trying to figure out. Very glad I joined this forum.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AZBrian View Post
    "We do not deal in registered trigger packs if we can help it. What they are is all they will ever be so no way to legally recofigure. " ... "We do not put our money in the dead items like the trigger packs."
    Logically he doesn't deal in HK registered receivers then either.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Care to name the idiot?
    Though I have no idea who the dealer is, I'd bet that's not what he said (or meant). In my mind he was referring to RRs, though I don't necessarily see them as a dead end either if the price is right as some could probably (I think) be converted into belt-feds for instance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Lastly, that dealer is an idiot.
    Yeah ...Skip to this part first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by viriceman View Post
    Though I have no idea who the dealer is, I'd bet that's not what he said (or meant). In my mind he was referring to RRs, though I don't necessarily see them as a dead end either if the price is right as some could probably (I think) be converted into belt-feds for instance.
    What do you mean by an "RR?" Apologies if it's bonehead question.

As for what they meant, I could definitely have misunderstood. Here is the entire chain for context:

From Me:

Thank you.

The HK world is interesting.

Do you have any registered trigger packs? And not just sears or receivers? I've tried reading your site but it's difficult with the long list.

Thank you,
    Brian

From Them
    We do not deal in registered trigger packs if we can help it. What they are is all they will ever be so no way to legally recofigure.

“not this sears or receivers” This two options are the most desirable of the types, of HK transferable machine guns.
    We do not put our money in the dead items like the trigger packs.

Yeah since we are not like most dealers who stock nothing or only a couple of guns which makes is easy on the buyer as they have no choices to pick from we have plenty.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

RR = registered receiver which would basically be one caliber firearm. Based on your “transcript”, I stand corrected as he did use the word pack.

I guess he is right that a registered pack will always be just a registered pack, just as my Fleming sear will never be anything more than just a plain old registered sear😀

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

AZ Brian... you are looking at about $30k+ to get into the registered HK pack or registered sear world.

I personally wouldnt sweat whichever route you choose to be honest. they both work fine.

I know it seems like a HUGE deal now (we've been there)...but it just isnt. It's not quite as "bad" as asking the difference of Fleming sear Vs Qualified and fretting over the differences or where to inscribe your SBR info on an MP5 but ultimately it's really a binary decision.

1. buy a registered receiver

OR

2. buy a sear or DLO type reg. box. (these usually cost maybe $1k-$5k more).

Purists may want the box. And sure some will get hung up on the Burst vs blah blah.

Just buy a sear of box set up as SEF and be done with it. It's a commodity.
    And in general the longer you wait before buying one the higher the price. Of course NOW is the rare exception as prices have softened somewhat over the last 1.5 yrs maybe (an entire heated discussion in and of itself).

SO...Just dont sweat it. Buy either at the best price you can and simply be done with it.

We tend to overcomplicate things here on HKpro and I apologize for that.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

^^ for clarification the "(these usually cost maybe $1k-$5k more)" refers to DLO box prices over sear prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you again everyone for the great advice. I've found a DLO trigger group (only) for $39K and I'm tempted. Found some good HKs w/ Flemming Sear Packs on DealerNFA for similar price, but they come w/ a host gun. I'm probably going to "pull the trigger" on either the DLO or Flemming.

Then I'll wait 9 months and finally get to shoot it :-).

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    AZ Brian... you are looking at about $30k+ to get into the registered HK pack or registered sear world.

I personally wouldnt sweat whichever route you choose to be honest. they both work fine.

I know it seems like a HUGE deal now (we've been there)...but it just isnt. It's not quite as "bad" as asking the difference of Fleming sear Vs Qualified and fretting over the differences or where to inscribe your SBR info on an MP5 but ultimately it's really a binary decision.

1. buy a registered receiver

OR

2. buy a sear or DLO type reg. box. (these usually cost maybe $1k-$5k more).

Purists may want the box. And sure some will get hung up on the Burst vs blah blah.

Just buy a sear of box set up as SEF and be done with it. It's a commodity.
    And in general the longer you wait before buying one the higher the price. Of course NOW is the rare exception as prices have softened somewhat over the last 1.5 yrs maybe (an entire heated discussion in and of itself).

SO...Just dont sweat it. Buy either at the best price you can and simply be done with it.

We tend to overcomplicate things here on HKpro and I apologize for that.
    ...and Brian, if the $30k+ didn't scare you off, and you are ready to drop that coin, I know of a very trusted seller (nothing in it for me, just passing it along).

By the way, not very supportive of the registered receiver route.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links