HK21e on a tripod - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HK21e on a tripod

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PBRstreetgang View Post
    Regarding the AA tripods, I just bought a NOS one on GB for $325 plus another $65 shipped out of the Netherlands. There are currently a few on ebay for 280ish plus similar shipping but they looked kind of beat up and figured getting a new one was worth the extra few bucks. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/744157897

PBR
    I bought one on eBay, supposedly in mint condition, shipped from Germany for $318 all in. We'll see if I end up with a rusty beater instead (though really, as long as it works, I don't care too much, unless it's really bad).

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's the Aimpoint COmpM4. I really like it for most of the shooting I did with it. Really easy to stay on target and plenty of eye relief. I don't have a pic of it rotated the other way. I never beeded any more elevation than what it had and it allows you to tilt it forward so you can point the muzzle down when not behind it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I bought one on eBay, supposedly in mint condition, shipped from Germany for $318 all in. We'll see if I end up with a rusty beater instead (though really, as long as it works, I don't care too much, unless it's really bad).
    The tripod showed up over the weekend. While a little dirty, it appears to be pretty good shape. I don't know about mint, but I'm more than happy with it (and apparently, so is my cat).

Since I have the day off, if I can get all my other chores done, I'm going to try installing the MM tripod adapter. I'll update when I get that done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Got it finished. Those little bent pins that hold the original mount into the tripod are real pain to get out. But once I did and once I found a long bolt that I could use to knock out central pin, it was pretty easy to install the Michael's Machines mount. Getting a 21 hoisted up and onto the mount was a bit tricky as a one man operation, but it clicked into place without a problem.

And the cat still loves the tripod.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Got it finished. Those little bent pins that hold the original mount into the tripod are real pain to get out. But once I did and once I found a long bolt that I could use to knock out central pin, it was pretty easy to install the Michael's Machines mount. Getting a 21 hoisted up and onto the mount was a bit tricky as a one man operation, but it clicked into place without a problem.

And the cat still loves the tripod.
    Very nice set-up! I'm waiting on tripod to go through US Customs, but I'm also patiently waiting on my MM23e so its not that big of a deal. I ended up getting a MG3 Lafette ground mount as well but can already tell I'll most likely do most of the shooting with the AA tripod due to ease of use. Well...at least when I'm not doing the free-handed Rambo m60 style belt dump.
    We like to feel that we can get out

of trouble quicker than we got into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice.. i haven't played with mine yet.. with hk, im going to weigh it down more than I typically do.
    Im more interested in the mg3 setup...im excited to play with them... all i have let to do is attach the m60 chute adapter to my hk21e to m60 bag adapter...i was worried the feed inlets that bolt to the feed mech would interfere. But its perfect.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anopstyx View Post
    Here is a short video of my 23e in action on a tripod. I'm pretty sure it is mikes from MM. Love it

https://www.facebook.com/amanda.dave...499148/?type=3
    I'd suggest parking your vehicles somewhere else. Otherwise, someone's rounds may ricochet and chip some paint.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content . Hidden Content 7/14/2016.
    Check cleared 7/18/2016. Approved 6/16/2017. Stamps delivered 7/6/2017.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

What is the sight height of the gun as mounted to one of these tripods? Are they height adjustable? Reason being, I'm 6'3" and see a lot of crouching over on all the videos out there and assume it gets worse if engaging uphill targets. My back is already hurting just looking at the videos...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    What is the sight height of the gun as mounted to one of these tripods? Are they height adjustable? Reason being, I'm 6'3" and see a lot of crouching over on all the videos out there and assume it gets worse if engaging uphill targets. My back is already hurting just looking at the videos...
    Well, I can tell you that with the exact configuration in my picture above, I had to slight go up on tip toes to get behind the gun and I'm 6". As long as you have the room to spread the tripod legs out, you have a pretty wide range of heights to work with (one of the benefits of it being an AA tripod). I'm betting with you being 6'3", you might have been exactly shoulder height to my gun setup as it was.

I'm betting that in a lot of the videos you have been watching, they've probably set it up much lower to accommodate shorter shooters and rather than re-adjust every time, they just crouched down to shoot it.

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The neck should have a good bit of movement up and down for different heights.
    MM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links