Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    G....you dirty dog! for the MM21E and not the M60. What a great idea. I might try to adapt mine for that purpose too for a go at it.

Hah.

Looks great.

Houston
    OMG...small world! Thanks...figured it would have been too hard to explain it all and wasn't 100% sure it would all come together. Glad I didn't fib/brag on the ammo box price...like "got a smoking deal on it for $250 over on subguns." As for the hk21e pred pack build, I assuming you should have already have everything required to do this...might not have the m60 hanger but at least they're not hard to find; albeit, a little pricey.

BTW, I really appreciate the M60 print...super cool and getting it framed very soon.

Thanks,
    PBR
    Last edited by PBRstreetgang; 03-01-2018 at 10:35 PM.
    We like to feel that we can get out

of trouble quicker than we got into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crane technologies was suppose to have custom 400rd SS feeder cans..I followed up serveral times but now a year and a half later ive never seen it actually happen.

All i have left to do for my preditor pack is attach the m60 plate to the hk to m60 bag adapter.

Im using an xm23 can and a 1500rd minigun can.

Does anyone have any advice how to remove the gun end from the feed chute?
    I put it on upside down and have tried compressing the chute and pushing in the little tabs through the holes but it just seems impossible to do without more hands.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MGnoob View Post
    Crane technologies was suppose to have custom 400rd SS feeder cans..I followed up serveral times but now a year and a half later ive never seen it actually happen.

All i have left to do for my preditor pack is attach the m60 plate to the hk to m60 bag adapter.

Im using an xm23 can and a 1500rd minigun can.

Does anyone have any advice how to remove the gun end from the feed chute?
    I put it on upside down and have tried compressing the chute and pushing in the little tabs through the holes but it just seems impossible to do without more hands.
    For Standard Armament feed chute, its the same way to disassemble the gun end from the feed chute or to take apart the individual feed chute links...squeeze the links tightly together to the point that the two are touching (I used a pair of pliers to gently squeeze the two together) and then use a small punch, screwdriver for glasses, etc.. and insert it in the small hole on either side to push the tab holding it together in. Once you do this on both sides...it might take a few tries...the two parts will release.

One other note...getting all of the tabs to line up correctly and at the same time when you're putting it all back together is equally as much fun!

PBR
    Last edited by PBRstreetgang; 03-02-2018 at 08:47 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PBRstreetgang View Post
    For Standard Armament feed chute, its the same way to disassemble the gun end from the feed chute or to take apart the individual feed chute links...squeeze the links tightly together to the point that the two are touching (I used a pair of pliers to gently squeeze the two together) and then use a small punch, screwdriver for glasses, etc.. and insert it in the small hole on either side to push the tab holding it together in. Once you do this on both sides...it might take a few tries...the two parts will release.

One other note...getting all of the tabs to line up correctly and at the same time when you're putting it all back together is equally as much fun!

PBR

Thank you, I must have to compress Them more.

When i put it together it just clipped right in.

The only thing i overpaid for was the gun ends. Just so you guys know m60 gun ends are $24.10! At nimeich right now... its the cheapest youll ever see them. I grabbed two just incase i damage one..

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1152560
    Last edited by MGnoob; 03-03-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I decided to hold up on welding my bracket, welding is the most common way ive seen people do it..

I decided to use S.S. 1/4-20 rivnuts. I already had everything i needed except the 8.9mm drill require to install them..so ill post a photo when i finnish.
    Not that it matters but this way the chute plate can be removed and you could use m60 accessories, not that anyone ever would.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Box ends are also in stock at numrich, handy if you have a M240 like me!

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1142680

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I decided to hold up on welding my bracket, welding is the most common way ive seen people do it..

I decided to use S.S. 1/4-20 rivnuts. I already had everything i needed except the 8.9mm drill require to install them..so ill post a photo when i finnish.
    Not that it matters but this way the chute plate can be removed and you could use m60 accessories, not that anyone ever would.
    I'd like to see a pic of that. I was thinking I'd probably mount the plate to hanger via rivnuts as well...the hanger to pricey to make a permanent modification and I might want to shoot with m60 bandoleer at some point later on.

PBR

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thank you, I must have to compress Them more.

When i put it together it just clipped right in.

The only thing i overpaid for was the gun ends. Just so you guys know m60 gun ends are $24.10! At nimeich right now... its the cheapest youll ever see them. I grabbed two just incase i damage one..

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1152560
    Well...yes and no (mostly 99% yes) regarding the one nimeich is selling. BMG Parts Co. and BeltFeds.Com are the only vendors I'm aware of that carry the correct m60 version, but they don't always have them in stock. All of the others selling "gun ends" such as nimeich, ebay, GB, etc...are not for an m60 despite some auctions saying, "Gun End, L.H". One quick to verify the m60 specific gun ends from the others is to determine if there's a tab in the center located on the SAME side as the two spring loaded plungers. Notice in pic below...the center tab is located on the opposite side as the plungers and is NOT an M60 specific "gun end."

Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-s-l1600.jpg

That said, it is a piece of cake to modify one of these in under 30 seconds by removing the center tab or bending it up and then welding/jb weld it back to itself (see pic below). I suppose this could make the connection between the feed chute and connector slightly less reliable as the last link that clips into the "gun end" would be missing the extra support of that center tab, but I seriously doubt it would ever be an issue and if you didn't mind not being 100% ATAS correct...I'd say buy the $25 one that you could modify.

Here's the same one pictured above that I modified to work with M60 mouning plate and feed chute.

Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-gunendfeed.jpg

All that said, I overpaid as well...in fact I ended up buying both the correct m60 one ($140) as the one off nimeich ($25) but at least the correct one gave me a firm starting point of understanding how all this stuff should hook up correctly. Plus, I'm planning on getting an m60d at some point and I'd want that set up it to be 100% factory correct.

PBR
    Last edited by PBRstreetgang; 03-05-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your a wealth of info.
    If you want, i have enough rivnuts, lockwasher and 1" butten head bolts to do yours aswell.
    I can mail you what you need if you have a rivnut tool.

I dont really consider welding as permanent as most people, but this way you could unbolt it and the rivnuts wouldnt effect its normal function...
    I think its cleaner.

Im really just polishing a turd though, it doesnt matter..
    Last edited by MGnoob; 03-04-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Your a wealth of info.
    If you want, i have enough rivnuts, lockwasher and 1" butten head bolts to do yours aswell.
    I can mail you what you need if you have a rivnut tool.

I dont really consider welding as permanent as most people, but this way you could unbolt it and the rivnuts wouldnt effect its normal function...
    I think its cleaner.

Im really just polishing a turd though, it doesnt matter..
    Thanks! Polishing a turd...lol...been there and done that! I appreciate your offer but already have the tool as well a few variety thicknesses of rivnuts....all I need now is the hk21 m60 adaptor plate which will ship when my gun is ready from MM. I agree, welding is undoable but like the cleanness of the rivnuts and ability to easily undo them. Post some pics when your done with yours...I'd like to see what you end up with.

Thanks,
    PBR
    Last edited by PBRstreetgang; 03-05-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links