Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil A. Steen View Post
    Box ends are also in stock at numrich, handy if you have a M240 like me!

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1142680
    Sold out....I would have prefered to use that style end but it just wasnt practical.

I receive the LH .308 ends from them as PBR said, they are easy to modify to work and won't cause any issues.
    While its nice have the correct ones it really doesn't matter.(i do have ther correct ones anyway)

Ill be playing with my chute today changing lengths and ends. One is too short for the mg3 tripod, but the other is almost too long for predator pack/AA use.. so it should all work out in the end.

Just wish i had the correct drill to install rivnuts and complete this project before i loose something else.
    Last edited by MGnoob; 03-09-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I cant seem to see any problem using the LH as a RH without modification.
    The chute and ends do disassemble pretty easy. The one end i was have trouble with is basically ruined unless i want to cut that chute section to recover it ..i guess i insterted one leg in the wrong slot so when i tried to remove it by pushing in the hole i bent in into where it was suppose to come out, then when pulling apart the tab is now bent Into a hook prevening its remove.. live and learn i guess.
    Last edited by MGnoob; 03-09-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MGnoob View Post
    I cant seem to see any problem using the LH as a RH without modification.
    The chute and ends do disassemble pretty easy. The one end i was have trouble with is basically ruined unless i want to cut that chute section to recover it ..i guess i insterted one leg in the wrong slot so when i tried to remove it by pushing in the hole i bent in into where it was suppose to come out, then when pulling apart the tab is now bent Into a hook prevening its remove.. live and learn i guess.
    Loosing one feed chute link isn't too bad...hopefully that's what's messed up. Were you able to disassemble the gun end from the feed chute links?

PBR
    We like to feel that we can get out

of trouble quicker than we got into it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I finally get it appart without ruining either piece. I sure took something simple and made it more complicated than it had to be..
    The reason i kept at it is the last chute link i removed was different than every other chute link and when used in conjunction with a LH gun end it covers the tab that normally would be removed from a LH end.. not that it has to be but its just sharp and could really cut you with out this piece im referencing..
    Ill post photos in a moment..a picture is worth 1000 words
    Last edited by MGnoob; 03-10-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The top grey chute is sporting the RH gun end and the different feed chute link (segment?)
    The bottem black chute is sporting the LH gun end minus the "end segment?"
    Anyway ill probably put the corrct RH gun end on the black chute.

I didnt adjust the lengths yet.. i need to do a complete setup with both style tripods...
    Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-20180309_200214.jpg

1/4-20 seems to be a reasonable size.
    Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-20180309_201910.jpg
    Last edited by MGnoob; 03-10-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The top grey chute is sporting the RH gun end and the different feed chute link (segment?)
    The bottem black chute is sporting the LH gun end minus the "end segment?"
    Anyway ill probably put the corrct RH gun end on the black chute.

I didnt adjust the lengths yet.. i need to do a complete setup with both style tripods...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180309_200214.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	185017

1/4-20 seems to be a reasonable size.

Name:	20180309_201910.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	185049
    Looks good...nothing says you've "arrived" in the gun world more than something requiring feed chute.

1/4-20 rivnuts look like the way to go...that should be as solid as welding it for sure!

PBR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I finally did it, i can't say it was worth it.a smaller size than 1/4-20 may be the way to go..
    The material the bracket is made from is definitely hardened, or perhaps spring steel.
    I had like 8 8.9mm drill bits and i ruined them all drilling it. It took a ridiculous amount of time to hack this.
    Welding is probably the way to go.
    Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-20180417_214606.jpg
    Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-20180417_214611.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I finally did it, i can't say it was worth it.a smaller size than 1/4-20 may be the way to go..
    The material the bracket is made from is definitely hardened, or perhaps spring steel.
    I had like 8 8.9mm drill bits and i ruined them all drilling it. It took a ridiculous amount of time to hack this.
    Welding is probably the way to go.

Name:	20180417_214606.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	193106

Name:	20180417_214611.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	193114
    That's interesting that the hanger is so overly well built...looks like thin sheet metal in the pics. I'm still waiting on mine but glad to see that you where able to get yours set up. Looks good and don't think you have to worry about anything coming apart!

PBR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It really is "just a thin piece of Sheet metal".
    It must just have some magic properties, because somthing i thought would take a few minutes ended up being a two hour project.

Originally i thought it was bad Chinese drill bits but.. after ruining some quality ones i ruled it out.

It would be nice if the chute end attached directly to the feed tray...

Im more curious how .223 will run through the .308 chute.i expect it to work fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This threads been going on so long i had forgot to mention something.

Assembly and disassembly of the chute segments and ends is actually very easy. What i had done orginally when i put the chute end on upside down i didn't even mean to fully insert it it just went together so easy. One of the legs of the clip on one side wasnt in the appropriate location so when you go to depress the tab to remove an end or chute segment it bends this leg down and in. When you then go to pull it apart it bends and forms a hook.....you dont want to do this, it is possible to fix it if you dont break it in the process.

Just make sure things are where they are suppose to be and its easy, screw something simple up and it can be frustrating.
    I could see somome else making this same mistake..
    Last edited by MGnoob; 04-25-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links