Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide

So as I patiently wait for my MM23e with 21e conversion kit to be delivered, I've been in the process of acquiring a few of the accessories I'd like to have such as MG3 Ground Lafette mount, AA Mount, a few belt boxes, m13 links, m27 links, plenty of ammo, factory hk21e M60 bandoleer hanger, etc... Here's the one that was by far the hardest to source as well as the one requiring the most "coin" but arguably also the one with the biggest cool factor (IMO)....Predator Pack set up for the MM21e.

left to right...Complete set up, V-100/XM706 400 round ammo box, inside the box, 5 feet of 7.62 feed chute, M60 specific "gun end" top, M60 specific "gun end" bottom...

Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-imag2654.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-img_0307.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-img_0309.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-img_0310.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-img_0311.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-img_0312.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-img_0313.jpg

bottom row...Mounting plate that attaches "gun end" of feed chute to the Hk21 m60 bandoleer hanger, everything (feed chute, M60 "gun end" & M60 mounting plate) assembled up to where it would connect to the Hk21e M60 bandoleer hanger, "box end" attached to ammo box, hk21e bandoleer hanger attached to feed mech (pic by SEAINC), Hk21 with feed chute attached and ready to shoot (pic by har1340) and the last pic is super cool with someone loitering around one of the space shuttles with an Hk21 with feed chute connected to an XM23 Ammo box.

Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-mounting-plate.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-img_0316.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-img_0319.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-m60-hk21e-plate.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-hk21eplatefeedchute.jpg Predator Pack Build for Hk/MM21e & "How To" Guide-nasa.jpg

If you're interested in building this setup, here's what I bought and along with vendor information:

(1) 5 feet of Standard Armament 7.62 feed chute in excellent condition with "box end" and M60 "gun end" ($1100ish):
    Note: 4 feet probably would have worked fine:
    https://www.bmgparts.com/anm2.html

(2) Backpack - New ($75):
    Ebay or google...search for "Harris Falcon II backpack"

(3) M60 Mounting Plate ($55):
    M60 Feed Chute Mounting Plates | BeltFeds.Com, LLC

(4) Hk21e M60 bandoleer hanger:
    Our fellow hkpro friend, Hk21man...aka...Mike Otte. Contact him for price.
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts-...ro-hanger.html

(5) Here's the bad part...finding the V-100 box took a while and ended up spending $750. I found it on subguns by pure chance last week after about two months of steady looking. That said, Aaron with beltfeds.com (link just above) is having some built by an defense contractor which will feature a composite build. As of last week (02/20/18) he wasn't sure when they'll be available or how much they will cost. Another alternative would be an XM23 ammo box as they're not too hard to find but they're bigger dimensionally and go from $900-$1000 in new condition.

Very helpful an informative video and where I started - M60 Machine Gun's "how to" video on youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCphzIKO2hY

PBR
    Last edited by PBRstreetgang; 03-06-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    We like to feel that we can get out

of trouble quicker than we got into it.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

congrats, is this a one off or small batchmade? maybe all movie props?
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How does it connect to the feed mech?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speeddemon02 View Post
    congrats, is this a one off or small batchmade? maybe all movie props?
    No, actually every singe part is USGI...most of it originally used on the M60 and M134 Minigun platforms. The pack is for a Harris Falcon radio and just so happens the ammo box, which is out of a V-100 commando fighting vehicle, fits perfectly inside of it as though it was made for the can. I'll update/edit my original post shortly to list individual parts needed. There's an excellent video regarding "how to" done by Aaron aka "M60 Machine Gun" on youtube (see link below) specific to the m60 set up. Thankfully the conversion to MM21e isn't that big of a deal with the M60 bandoleer hanger. It was a little spendy...all said and done, it was in the $2300ish range to complete and hard as hell to find a couple of the parts.

PBR

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corey8534 View Post
    How does it connect to the feed mech?
    Mike Otte w/ Michaels machines sells the M60 bandoleer hanger, to which you mount the M60 mounting plate to. The chute then clips into the plate via a M60 "gun end" and you're goo to go. I'll take some pics later but if you watch the video from my pervious post you'll get a better idea of how all of this fits together.

PBR

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

I would absolutely like to see that box removed from the backpack and a detailed look at the box and how the feed chute is attached. It doesn't appear that you're using an M23 ammo can so curious as to what you've got going on there.

Also, are you using the same pack and feed chute for both calibers?

Thanks for posting, this is a hot subject for anyone with an HK21/23, M249, M60, and of course the M134.

EDIT: You answered while I had started my question and then stepped away from my computer.
    Last edited by Mr.Maim; 02-28-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PBRstreetgang View Post
    No, actually every singe part is USGI...most of it originally used on the M60 and M134 Minigun platforms. The pack is for a Harris Falcon radio and just so happens the ammo box, which is out of a V-100 commando fighting vehicle, fits perfectly inside of it as though it was made for the can. I'll update/edit my original post shortly to list individual parts needed. There's an excellent video regarding "how to" done by Aaron aka "M60 Machine Gun" on youtube (see link below) specific to the m60 set up. Thankfully the conversion to MM21e isn't that big of a deal with the M60 bandoleer hanger. It was a little spendy...all said and done, it was in the $2300ish range to complete and hard as hell to find a couple of the parts.

PBR
    Nice, we'd love to see more pics!

Your cost you mentioned is accurate to my research and experience. I've been cobbling one together too. Can't tell you how much feed chuting I've bought and sold trying to get the right stuff that isn't damaged junk. Thousands and thousands of dollars worth...

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Excellent accessories!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    I would absolutely like to see that box removed from the backpack and a detailed look at the box and how the feed chute is attached. It doesn't appear that you're using an M23 ammo can so curious as to what you've got going on there.

Also, are you using the same pack and feed chute for both calibers?

Thanks for posting, this is a hot subject for anyone with an HK21/23, M249, M60, and of course the M134.

EDIT: You answered while I had started my question and then stepped away from my computer.
    Regarding running separate calibers...yes...I'm sure going to give 5.56 a try to see what happens. I was thinking I could add some 1/2" spacers (one in each compartment) on one side of the interior of the ammo box to accommodate for the shorter length of 5.56 so the belted ammo stays stacked the way is supposed to lay. I think 5.56 ammo will run through the chute no prob but cant tell you for sure until I get a chance to try it out.

PBR
    Last edited by PBRstreetgang; 03-01-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

G....you dirty dog! for the MM21E and not the M60. What a great idea. I might try to adapt mine for that purpose too for a go at it.

Hah.

Looks great.

Houston

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links