So I've got an operational briefcase.....now what? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: So I've got an operational briefcase.....now what?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes. The SP5K will work in that case.u
    rob
    webstrands

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

WebStrands,

THANK YOU!

I greatly appreciate it as even an SP89 is beyond the budget at the moment, not to mention an actual MP5K. An SP5K would be the best option, assuming I can find one at non-prison-r#@e prices.

Quote Originally Posted by WebStrands View Post
    Yes. The SP5K will work in that case.u

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sooooo, for the bonus round, does anyone know if the ambi selector on the right-hand side will clear that straight trigger bar?

Other variants of the case seem to have a bent trigger bar which I (think?) was to get around that issue.

If that straight (first gen?) bar won't, I think the only options are going to be swapping the trigger housing for a replacement SP89 type (which loses the preferred pictogram indicator) or somehow sourcing or fabricating a bent arm. Both of those options are not great choices IMO.

Pic of bent arm version added for reference. Not my photo, just a representational one off the web. Looks like that owner modified the case barrel shroud piece with some sort of removable/swappable version, I'm guessing to shorten it and accommodate a tri-lug barrel that extends beyond the normal SP89 shorty barrel?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So I've got an operational briefcase.....now what?-bent-arm.jpg  
    Last edited by stnmikita; 04-06-2018 at 01:34 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Shoot the hell out of it. Duh.
    Last edited by eodinert; 04-06-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    Ronzo likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Not sure, but you can always put an SEF trigger group on the pistol for "operational" use.
    stnmikita likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post
    Just my .02, but the operational briefcase isn’t really a “starter” accessory and has pretty limited utility. I would sell it, and apply the funds to your SP5k, SBR stamp, maybe a suppressor (you would use this a lot) and maybe some subgun training so you could compete in local matches that have a pistol-caliber classification. From my experience an operational briefcase is a “one and done” experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This is the way to go
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    PCS 53
    PCS 33k
    Omega mp5
    Omega SD-k
    Black Ops Defense mp5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don’t listen to the naysayers, my old man never liked my big block jet boat either...lol
    Evil Minds That Plot Destruction

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

From the research I did today, I think that this is probably the easiest solution.

And even at ~$300, probably the cheapest.

As an aside, for those that may have never seen or held one of these, it's a pretty amazing item. The interior and handle is incredibly well built and the quality is very apparent. Everything (mounts, shrouds, mechanicals) is rock-solid. The case itself is pretty much just a plastic briefcase so nothing too exciting there, but when I first held the rest of it I was very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by WebStrands View Post
    Not sure, but you can always put an SEF trigger group on the pistol for "operational" use.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hey bud welcome to the site.

Last year I bought an MP5K briefcase from Midwest Tactical via gunbroker.

I already owned an SP5K and thought that the FBI briefcase would be an interesting attachment/conversation curio.

However to my disappointment, it did not fit. The claw mount inside of my briefcase was mounted via picatinny and I was not able to line up the barrel with the attachment on the briefcase.

If you have the version of the briefcase that has the claw mount attached to the briefcase itself via a picatinny rail then be cautious as it may not fit yours because it did not fit my SP5K.

Also two things to be aware of with the briefcase:

1. It will tear up the finish of the gun, if you are concerned about such things. The claw mount on the briefcase will leave a serious mark where it attaches.

2. If you don't have an auto sear, it's kind of pointless. The idea of these were to essentially "spray and pray." While I didn't get to use it, just dry firing the trigger mechanism on the handle, I could only imagine how horrendous trigger pull would become once it's setup on semi auto.

Anyways, I hope this helps and to be honest, even if it did fit I doubt I would of used it for anything than shits and giggles every once and a blue moon.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Those briefcases with aluminum handles and picatinny rails are fake!
    unscrupulous fabricators pass them as real ones .....

buyers beware

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links