Accuracy with Quick Change Barrels on MM23E - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Accuracy with Quick Change Barrels on MM23E

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheColtCollector View Post
    How many rounds do you think you have shot now that your barrels are ending their service life?
    I really haven't kept track, but I'd estimate 15k or more through each barrel. I've done a lot of long, sustained full auto firing which has drastically reduced the service life though. 100 and the occasional 200 round belt dumps were not uncommon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson184 View Post
    How do you like the TA11 Acog on it? That's the scope I'm considering getting for it whenever my 23E comes in.
    I watched some videos of this optic being slammed down on the M249 SAW's top cover during normal belt loading and figured it had to take a beating to get the approved for active service. I compared the TA11MGO with Elcan M145 and it came down to either Trijicon's tritium w/light tube versus having to use a battery to turn on to illuminate the optics. I have two other Trijicon TA31RCO-M150 optics on my Colt M4s with green chevrons, so these probably helped seal purchasing the TA31MGO as I love those optics. Green is supposedly better in daylight than red to the human eye, in which most red is typically cancelled out from the natural blue light from the sun; of course both colors are excellent in low light. I believe the green tritium is expected to last around 13-14 years (red tritium lasts a year or so longer), but if it ever dies, the light tube on the top will still illuminate the center optic. Of course Trijicon will change out the tritium vile for a fee; guess I'll deal with that in about 10 years from now. Right now Optics Planet has a great deal on the TA31MGO for around $1350; that's where I got mine a few years ago during their Thanksgiving Black Friday sale (hint hint).

Note the two black dots on both sides of the target edges; these really help in aiming as they are set for a standard 16" wide paper target (which is same size for avg upper torso - as shown in pic below). I also love the Tenebraex Killflash ARD and flip up covers that comes standard with these optics.

And NO, I don't work for Trijicon...

Attachment 209538 Attachment 209540
    Have you noticed any distortion at the extreme edges of the reticle? I had a TA-11 on my MM-11 and the crosshairs out on the edges looked a little "warped". Luckily I was able to sell it to someone who didn't care about it.
    The MULE

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G0VT_MULE View Post
    Have you noticed any distortion at the extreme edges of the reticle? I had a TA-11 on my MM-11 and the crosshairs out on the edges looked a little "warped".
    The MULE
    Both my TA31 optics have that noted distortion on the right outermost 'leg'; a bit faded, but opposite side is sharp & clear. I believe the owner's manual mentions this is 'normal' but my TA11MGO optic has no distortion whatsoever.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Besides barrels, what wear items do you guys notice the most on your 23e’s? I’m only 3k rounds into mine and don’t have any spare parts yet except barrels
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    PCS 53
    PCS 33k
    Omega OM-9 mp5

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheColtCollector View Post
    Besides barrels, what wear items do you guys notice the most on your 23e’s? I’m only 3k rounds into mine and don’t have any spare parts yet except barrels
    Definitely have an extra extractor and extractor pin on hand. I had one break a while back and I lost the pin when I happened. It wouldn't hurt to have an extra complete bolt head.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links