MP5 Clone Not Resetting Hammer When Cocking and Chambering Round - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MP5 Clone Not Resetting Hammer When Cocking and Chambering Round

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vtech26 View Post
    I really appreciate everyone's comments for this issue I am having. Very frustrating, paying all this money and having things break like this. I have no idea, how many rounds this pack has, what parts have been replaced when it was first built. I am hoping it is as simple as sending the hammer to someone to fix. I have already sent emails to Mike's machine, TSC (2 hour drive from me), and S&H. Looking forward to their input next week.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Curtis is on vacation and will not be back in his shop until middle of July. I talked to him maybe a week ago about welding up some sp5k carriers. Mike also might still be on vacation but he should be back soon(like in the next week or so). Still I'd expect Tammy to respond.

That being said I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. If TSC is that close to you I'd personally do the drive to drop it off vs shipping the sear out. I've been lucky over the years as Mike is only like 30 minutes from me so dropping off something for him to work on is simple. Mike is getting my sear back when the form 4 to me clears to check out and apparently he said something about modifying the trigger box for my sp5ks(he did the original install of the sear in an ambi burst pack).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Curtis is on vacation and will not be back in his shop until middle of July. I talked to him maybe a week ago about welding up some sp5k carriers. Mike also might still be on vacation but he should be back soon(like in the next week or so). Still I'd expect Tammy to respond.

That being said I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. If TSC is that close to you I'd personally do the drive to drop it off vs shipping the sear out. I've been lucky over the years as Mike is only like 30 minutes from me so dropping off something for him to work on is simple. Mike is getting my sear back when the form 4 to me clears to check out and apparently he said something about modifying the trigger box for my sp5ks(he did the original install of the sear in an ambi burst pack).
    Thank you for your feedback ccosby! I will definitely hand deliver my pack with sear. Hopefully it will be a quick turnaround.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vtech26 View Post
    Thank you for your feedback ccosby! I will definitely hand deliver my pack with sear. Hopefully it will be a quick turnaround.

TSC is a small shop but they are great people to work with. There is a reason you have a long picture thread on here of their work and why people recommend them. Right now I have a few guns he converted in his shop waiting on form 4's including an od green mp5sd he built off a hk94 and mp5sd parts kit. I have to be one of the people that has asked him to do weirder stuff as most of what I've brought him isn't hk related(although he has done a few of them for me). He fixed my m10's broken safety and refinished it, upgraded an ar-10 for me, did work on my sig mpx, 3 lugged my cx4 carbine, etc. A friend as a m11/9 sitting there now waiting on a form 4 that he is transferring for him and is going to refinish it when the lage stuff my friend ordered shows up.

I actually have a second sp5k I need to drop off for upgrading once he gets back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    That's an original burst pack and your trip sear pivot pin hole looks to have been reworked/moved to proper position (perhaps someone else can verify this).
    That sear pin hole looks to be in the original (factory) location too me. I was under the assumption that the geometry of registered sears required the hole be moved back from that spot, at least thats what I see with all of them in SEF packs. Do burst packs require placing the sear pin in the factory location?

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Technically, youre not allowed to use the factory sear hole no matter what configuration. Only way is if you have a registered trigger box.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clicker View Post
    That sear pin hole looks to be in the original (factory) location too me. I was under the assumption that the geometry of registered sears required the hole be moved back from that spot, at least thats what I see with all of them in SEF packs. Do burst packs require placing the sear pin in the factory location?
    Burst packs have the sear pin hole slightly moved lower to accommodate the geometry of a registered sear; much different from a normal SEF pack. I had to zoom in on one of the OP's pics of the LH side and it looks to me that the sear pin hole has been reworked just slightly from its original location. I took some pics of one of my Fleming sear burst packs compared to an unmodified burst pack; note the parallel lines up from the one housing cutouts (before/after). The OP's pin hole is slightly lower, but then again, I don't know much about S&H sears, but it does look like they are made with a shorter trip 'leg' versus a Fleming; that or someone just filed down the S&H sear (?). Why else would a trip lever have so much extra material added to the lower half of it. My Fleming sear uses a normal roller type sear trip lever that has the noted 'arch' on the bottom side; the OP's lever is twice as thick as mine...

First three pics show an unmodified burst pack compared to a modified burst pack; note the parallel lines before and after. The last two pics are of the OP's pack...

MP5 Clone Not Resetting Hammer When Cocking and Chambering Round-unmodified-burst.jpg MP5 Clone Not Resetting Hammer When Cocking and Chambering Round-modified-burst-fleming-sear.jpg MP5 Clone Not Resetting Hammer When Cocking and Chambering Round-modified-burst-fleming-sear.1.jpg

MP5 Clone Not Resetting Hammer When Cocking and Chambering Round-sh-sear-burst-pack.jpg MP5 Clone Not Resetting Hammer When Cocking and Chambering Round-sh-sear-burst-pack.1.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Tailflash I appreciate the explanation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Burst packs have the sear pin hole slightly moved lower to accommodate the geometry of a registered sear; much different from a normal SEF pack. I had to zoom in on one of the OP's pics of the LH side and it looks to me that the sear pin hole has been reworked just slightly from its original location. I took some pics of one of my Fleming sear burst packs compared to an unmodified burst pack; note the parallel lines up from the one housing cutouts (before/after). The OP's pin hole is slightly lower, but then again, I don't know much about S&H sears, but it does look like they are made with a shorter trip 'leg' versus a Fleming; that or someone just filed down the S&H sear (?). Why else would a trip lever have so much extra material added to the lower half of it. My Fleming sear uses a normal roller type sear trip lever that has the noted 'arch' on the bottom side; the OP's lever is twice as thick as mine...

First three pics show an unmodified burst pack compared to a modified burst pack; note the parallel lines before and after. The last two pics are of the OP's pack...

Click image for larger version.

Name:	Unmodified Burst.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	208834 Click image for larger version.

Name:	Modified Burst - Fleming Sear.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	208836 Click image for larger version.

Name:	Modified Burst - Fleming Sear.1.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	208838

Name:	SH Sear Burst Pack.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	208840 Click image for larger version.

Name:	SH Sear Burst Pack.1.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	208842
    Here is a pic of my sear in case anyone is curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name:	Unmodified Burst.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	208834 Click image for larger version.

Name:	Modified Burst - Fleming Sear.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	208836 Click image for larger version.

Name:	Modified Burst - Fleming Sear.1.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	208838

Name:	SH Sear Burst Pack.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	208840 Click image for larger version.

Name:	SH Sear Burst Pack.1.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	208842
    Yes, really appreciate all of the info!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hammer is now welded up (stainless rod, friend of a friend). Had to do some light filing and sanding. Put everything back together. Performed function check. Good to go. Ordered friction trip from hkparts, noticed some wear and galling. Taking to range today to see how she runs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links