0 Post(s)

So, worth the extra money?
    HK G3A3
    HK VP70Z
    USP 45 Tactical

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    to extend on Steyrarms comment, it lets the rifle run more reliably on FA by adding weight to the carrier.
    Understood, thanks! Any thoughts on the #17 locking piece?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm somewhat confused. I also "have an old Fleming HK91/G3 conversion". Other than replacing the welded up bolt carrier with a surplus G3 bolt carrier, just because, it has never needed anything whatsoever. Mine is a RR PP weapon and works perfectly. It loves to eat the blue DAG training ammo using the correct training bolt from Dan's Ammo. This is one of the funnest configurations out there. Plus, it's cheap to shoot.

As a wiser man than I has often said "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!"
    “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
    — Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

If I was going to shoot it I would do the following.

Discover if it is a RR or a sear that you could “unmarry” from the receiver. Google is your friend, a lot of previous discussions on this topic. My guess is you have a “married sear”. If so “unmarry” and start buying all types of Roller Locks to play with.

Replace the BC with a tungsten, plenty of them for sale. Then check your bolt gap.

Replace the stock with a HK 21 and Rubber Pad. This makes shooting a 7.62 a lot more fun.

Replace the buffer in stock with a new heavy two stage.

If the rifle is a RR send it to TPM and have them make it a G3k. If you are able to “unmarry” do a Form 1 to SBR it then send it off to shorten. The G3 is terrible unbalanced and heavy platform. If they would have started making them as a G3k in the let 60’s the rifle might be more popular.
    Last edited by 4C Dragon; 07-05-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4C Dragon View Post
    If I was going to shoot it I would do the following.

Discover if it is a RR or a sear that you could “unmarry” from the receiver. Google is your friend, a lot of previous discussions on this topic. My guess is you have a “married sear”. If so “unmarry” and start buying all types of Roller Locks to play with.

Replace the BC with a tungsten, plenty of them for sale. Then check your bolt gap.

Replace the stock with a HK 21 and Rubber Pad. This makes shooting a 7.62 a lot more fun.

Replace the buffer in stock with a new heavy two stage.

If the rifle is a RR send it to TPM and have them make it a G3k. If you are able to “unmarry” do a Form 1 to SBR it then send it off to shorten. The G3 is terrible unbalanced and heavy platform. If they would have started making them as a G3k in the let 60’s the rifle might be more popular.
    1. This is a sear gun. Not in the cards at this time to "unmarry" and share around with other platforms. Might do down the road.
    2. Will do. Now officially looking for a tungsten BC.
    3. Stock is replaced already with an SG-1 stock containing a G-3 Heavy buffer.
    4. Likelier to send off to get a HK-11 barrel if they still exist. I appreciate your position on the G3K and were this a duty rifle I might agree, but it fills the niche of squad auto so in this case (within reason) heavier is better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG34_Dan View Post
    I'm somewhat confused. I also "have an old Fleming HK91/G3 conversion". Other than replacing the welded up bolt carrier with a surplus G3 bolt carrier, just because, it has never needed anything whatsoever. Mine is a RR PP weapon and works perfectly. It loves to eat the blue DAG training ammo using the correct training bolt from Dan's Ammo. This is one of the funnest configurations out there. Plus, it's cheap to shoot.

As a wiser man than I has often said "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!"
    Would that mine was trouble free as yours was. Mine has had the trigger pack completely replaced. The bolt work just looks shoddy and there are wear patterns developing due to the shoddy workmanship. So while it technically may not be broken, neither is it remotely optimized for its intended purpose. Thus the move to finish upgrading before running rounds down range again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still looking for someone to comment on the #17 locking piece.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dguildguy View Post
    1. This is a sear gun. Not in the cards at this time to "unmarry" and share around with other platforms. Might do down the road.
    If this converted HK91 / G3 is in original configuration and removing the sear produces no prohibited configuration...it's always been my understanding that there's no need to "unmarry" from the host. Remove the sear and all you have is a HK91...not a prohibited configuration. Were it sitting in a MP5, MP5k, 53, etc...then yes, you'd need to SBR the original host first. With your configuration...move it to any other hosts at your leisure IMO.
    Browning, Maxim, Vickers
    Belt-Fed & Water-Cooled
    Real Machineguns

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dguildguy View Post
    Still looking for someone to comment on the #17 locking piece.
    I forgot to mention I use the 17 LP on my 21’s and yes they do make a difference. I also use one on a MSGk with SF suppressor and it works great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I forgot to mention I use the 17 LP on my 21’s and yes they do make a difference. I also use one on a MSGk with SF suppressor and it works great.
    Ah, thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links