MP5SD Suppressor? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: MP5SD Suppressor?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siks View Post
    Thanks! Do you know if there's a visual difference between the two? Maybe years of manufacturing or specific MP5SD models?
    That is the old style can.

For starters, the new style can will not say "Made in W-Germany"

AFAIK, the latest can is made by B&T, and is so marked. Unless something came out in last few years, I have one.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    Not sure myself, but I know someone here will sort you out pretty quick. Apologies for "horning in" on your post, but I was just talking to a buddy yesterday about 'carbon fouling' and useable suppressor life. I once saw a photo of an MP5-SD can (I believe it was from a shooting school or academy...) that was so poorly maintained (not ever cleaned or sonic-dipped, etc.) that it became a no db reduction at all. They cut it on a band-saw long-ways and every baffle was clogged/clotted with carbon.

Does anyone have a picture of that? Thanks in advance and apologies to O.P. for not starting my own thread.(will erase comment upon request)
    This???

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/tpm-outf...our-mp5sd.html

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Hello.
    I'm pretty new to this so hopefully someone can explain. I've been looking into the MP5SD, specifically the suppressor but every time I search for it the only results are usually US-made suppressors (I'm assuming due to some laws or import restrictions?).
    I'm struggling to figure out what exactly is the factory HK MP5SD suppressor, and if anyone has any pics of what one should look like, it would be a big help.

Hey, Welcome to the site!!!!

Here is what I can contribute.....my first was an MP5SD, done by RDTS, from an HK94/MP5SD kit. Ralph {the end all be all of anything HK} upgraded my
    suppressor to what they refer to as "HKMP5SD HE"...…"High Efficiency". In short.....it's heavy....but it's like shooting a BB gun, ALL DAY LONG. Below are some
    pics. Hope this helps, and I promise.....if you go this route...you might as well start a heroin addiction too, as I'm certain that it is FAR cheaper than the
    HK addiction.

MP5SD Suppressor?-0709181936a_resized.jpg
    MP5SD Suppressor?-0709181936_resized.jpg
    Last edited by Brad4065; 07-09-2018 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Finicky pic upload :-)
    THRLSEKR likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Thanks Tony, but someone beat you to it on Page 1, Post #9......

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Hey, Welcome to the site!!!!

Here is what I can contribute.....my first was an MP5SD, done by RDTS, from an HK94/MP5SD kit. Ralph {the end all be all of anything HK} upgraded my
    suppressor to what they refer to as "HKMP5SD HE"...…"High Efficiency". In short.....it's heavy....but it's like shooting a BB gun, ALL DAY LONG. Below are some
    pics. Hope this helps, and I promise.....if you go this route...you might as well start a heroin addiction too, as I'm certain that it is FAR cheaper than the
    HK addiction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0709181936a_resized.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	415.8 KB 
ID:	209528

Name:	0709181936_resized.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	517.5 KB 
ID:	209530
    Thanks! But there's no stopping the HK train. I really hope to get my hands on something as close to factory HK stuff in the future, but for now I'll have to make due with pics :( For now I'm building up a library of info, pics etc and implementing it into some 3D work.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    That is the old style can.

For starters, the new style can will not say "Made in W-Germany"

AFAIK, the latest can is made by B&T, and is so marked. Unless something came out in last few years, I have one.
    Found another, looks different but still has similar text, but still with the 'W-Germany' like you said. How new is "new"? post-2000 you think?
    About the B&T suppressor, is that the one which has two holes either side of the exit? pic attached.
    MP5SD Suppressor?-w_mp5sd_17.jpg
    MP5SD Suppressor?-192.jpg

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Thanks! But there's no stopping the HK train. I really hope to get my hands on something as close to factory HK stuff in the future, but for now I'll have to make due with pics :( For now I'm building up a library of info, pics etc and implementing it into some 3D work.

Found another, looks different but still has similar text, but still with the 'W-Germany' like you said. How new is "new"? post-2000 you think?
    About the B&T suppressor, is that the one which has two holes either side of the exit? pic attached.

Name:	W_MP5SD_17.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	480.9 KB 
ID:	209532

Name:	192.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	209534
    Reunification was in 1990.

The B&T can is sealed and does not have the holes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

lol my bad, need to recap on my history...

Thanks for the info!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    Ha! The barrel in that photo absolutely could use some cleaning... The one major issue with this system is that you really do need to pay attention to the carbon build up. Especially at the ports...
    Someone needs to invent a product that will dissolve carbon on MP5SD barrels. You will get rich.....well at least every MP5SD owner will worship you :)
    THRLSEKR likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    I once saw a photo of an MP5-SD can (I believe it was from a shooting school or academy...) that was so poorly maintained (not ever cleaned or sonic-dipped, etc.) that it became a no db reduction at all. They cut it on a band-saw long-ways and every baffle was clogged/clotted with carbon.

Does anyone have a picture of that?
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/tpm-outf...r-mp5sd-2.html

POST #19
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    YES!!!! THANK YOU @Lamont . @yz125racer , THIS.....is what I was remembering/thinking regarding your question about an 'unserviceable' can like the KAC. According to Knight's, their MK23 can is good for 15,000+ rounds. Every 200-250, I like to pour some Hoppe's #9 into the KAC and let it lie longways for a while, then rotate to 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 o'clock in what might be a fruitless attempt to prolong the life-span. The stuff that gets baked on hot, oh well....but periodically maybe I can remove the loose stuff or make it 'flake' out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links