MP5SD Suppressor? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: MP5SD Suppressor?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

OP... @siks .....if you're working toward a MP5SD, you should seriously consider RDTS. When I was in the market for a MP5 10MM, I contacted several venders, many of which are on this site, and some that still haven't returned my phone call(s) or emails. What I can tell you {and I am not bashing any vendor here} Ralph {RDTS} answers all of my phone calls {personally} replied to every email, and after the product was finished, answered every question I had after the fact, and still answers the phone.....personally. I don't know how he does it, but I have a very, very strong respect for this guy, his business he has built, and the product he produces.Secondly, if you are "planning" on an MP5SD..... contact Ralph at RDTS, and ask questions.....he is a wealth of knowledge, and has helped me out quite a bit in some of my builds.

If you need his contact info....PM me and I will send it your way. Either way.....good luck!!!!
    Lamont, siks and THRLSEKR like this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    OP... @siks .....if you're working toward a MP5SD, you should seriously consider RDTS. When I was in the market for a MP5 10MM, I contacted several venders, many of which are on this site, and some that still haven't returned my phone call(s) or emails. What I can tell you {and I am not bashing any vendor here} Ralph {RDTS} answers all of my phone calls {personally} replied to every email, and after the product was finished, answered every question I had after the fact, and still answers the phone.....personally. I don't know how he does it, but I have a very, very strong respect for this guy, his business he has built, and the product he produces.Secondly, if you are "planning" on an MP5SD..... contact Ralph at RDTS, and ask questions.....he is a wealth of knowledge, and has helped me out quite a bit in some of my builds.

If you need his contact info....PM me and I will send it your way. Either way.....good luck!!!!
    Ralph is one of the "Grand Masters" and has been around a LONG time.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe this is blasphemy but I would go with the SilencerCo Omega 9SD. If it's anything like the Omega 9K it should be awesome and less in length.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

normally im a big fan of silencerco, but not on this one. not a fan of welded cans that are going to be on a F/A, especially one that is well known to get really dirty. Personally do not like the look. If you wanted it shorter than go for the mp5ksd setup. YMMV
    rickj1nd likes this.
    HK KI MARK 23
    HK KI USP45 Tactical
    HK BG USP9 Tactical
    HK BG 45 Tactical
    HK BG VP9 Tactical
    HK BG VP9
    HK BG P30
    HK BG P30SK
    HK BG SP5K(MP5K-N)
    TPM MP5F
    TPM P5SD
    MM 23E
    MM 23EK
    MM G36C
    MM G36K
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think the TPM is a good choice once all the variables are established concerning the product itself and the manufacturer support before and after the sale. That's what I did. Couldn't be happier. But... Full disclosure, I'm one of those weird people that will tell you my Omega 9K is definitely louder than my Octane 9 HD, Osprey 9 or MK-9K. Oh wait... Maybe that just makes me honest.
    Last edited by rickj1nd; 07-13-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speeddemon02 View Post
    normally im a big fan of silencerco, but not on this one. not a fan of welded cans that are going to be on a F/A, especially one that is well known to get really dirty.YMMV
    ... Agreed

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well the original cans from HK were welded units just saying. It's like anything else it's how you take care of it. I have welded AAC cans that I clean in my ultrasonic cleaner and look like new when they come out.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

R.D.T.S. IS THE WAY TO GO
    Ralph's work is exelent. A innovator of design A true gentleman to work with. Ralph is the definition of integrity.
    He has done builds for me for over 20 years including an SD I would not use anybody else
    Brad4065 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+1 for TPM. They have provided me with excellent service many times!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

These are pics of an original HK factory can. There are a couple versions as far as I know but this is typical and typical markings....

(I'm a former FFL/SOT and this is a pre-sample can.)

MP5SD Suppressor?-img_20180715_222532.jpgMP5SD Suppressor?-img_20180715_222527.jpg

You can enlarge the pic and see the different textures on different parts of the can.

The factory cans work well but are designed for a limited life after which they are replaced. That said, I've fired many thousands of rounds through the a single factory can w/o issue. The absolute key to the SD is to use the HK SD barrel port cleaning brush/tool every 300 or so rounds. Take the can off, clean the ports, light lube on the seal, can back on, fire away. If one neglects to do this the can will eventually be virtually impossible to remove due to fouling build up. The SD is a fantastic but dirty gun. The ports simply have to be cleaned every 300 or so rounds to enable easy removal of the can. The can should be gently tapped on a table from the breech end and brushed out as well.

I believe that by far the best cans for the SD are the KAC Navy cans. They are far more robust and quieter than the HK cans. However, they are far more expensive as well. From memory, the LE catalogs of the day listed the MP5SD w/the standard can for around $2250 and the KAC SD Navy can alone for over $1000.

This is a still NIB factory KAC SD Navy can. This is the real deal, original production and marked accordingly. Note the characteristic dimpling of this can. It's extremely similar to that of the original can for the MK23 which was also made by KAC.

MP5SD Suppressor?-img_20180715_222638.jpgMP5SD Suppressor?-img_20180715_222607.jpgMP5SD Suppressor?-img_20180715_222650.jpg

These original, genuine KAC Navy cans have become quite collectible and expensive. A few years back a group of shooters and collectors got a large enough order together for KAC to do another run. Those cans are newer and possibly even better however they are not marked like this one w/the original, correct SD Navy markings. Being US made both are fully transferable. I think that they are the best SD cans ever made - and they're priced accordingly.

So, ironically, while a non-FFL/SOT can't own an original, German HK aluminium can anyone who can legally buy CIII items can own the best can that HK themselves ever offered for the SD - the KAC Navy can.

Edited: I just pulled out an HK Govt/LE/Distributor price list from 2003. Item 090016, MP5SD3: LE price $2444. Item 081304 MP5SD-N(w/SSS) (KAC Navy sound suppressor #701699) $3115.
    Last edited by Raufus; 07-16-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links