MP5SD Suppressor? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: MP5SD Suppressor?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Very cool looking suppressor, too bad a US builder doesn’t make something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by MG34_Dan View Post
    While this configuration is not being offered in the US, here is how the MP5SD is delivered to the Swiss Army.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    AFAIK, there is only 1 KAC can for the MP5SD. Mine was from the run Cliff did a few years back.
    There were at least two runs.

There was at least one run of the original Navy cans that were made by KAC for HK. This is the one pictured and described in my post earlier in this thread. I included pics as well . The second run, which yours is from, was done years later. That run was done due to collector and shooter demand as the originals became quite rare and expensive.

The markings on the second run are different from the original. The originals were HK marked as you can see on mine.

The cans are different as well.
    Last edited by Raufus; 07-20-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

There were lots of runs over the years. Cliff's run was only 50 cans as I recall.

The HK markings are nice from a collector viewpoint (either HK or KAC collector).

The mfg markings were changed for the obvious reason they moved from Vero Beach. Most of the Vero Beach stuff is considered collectable by those who do that sort of thing.

According to Trey Knight, internals on the SD, MK23, and Navy cans have not changed.

eta

Here is how the B&T can is marked:

Last edited by Renegade; 07-20-2018 at 03:36 AM.
    siks likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    There were lots of runs over the years. Cliff's run was only 50 cans as I recall.

The HK markings are nice from a collector viewpoint (either HK or KAC collector).

The mfg markings were changed for the obvious reason they moved from Vero Beach. Most of the Vero Beach stuff is considered collectable by those who do that sort of thing.

According to Trey Knight, internals on the SD, MK23, and Navy cans have not changed.

eta

Here is how the B&T can is marked:

I have a KAC SD can from before there were any of the group buys. It was one of two still owned by Knight's and has an interesting serial number; it is not marked Heckler and Koch (Trey personally got me the suppressor and wanted to retain the last suppressor for the company). The quantity of SD suppressors exceeds the numbers reported by the group buys. If Cliff's group buy resulted in sales of 50 cans, then Knight made closer to 75. The balance was retained in the company; they always produce more than are ordered. I also bought one of those from Knight that were excess from Cliff's group buy. I paid much less than the group buy price, didn't have my money tied up so long with a stranger, and received it much faster than those in the group buy.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes my SD gets real dirty fast with gas in the face but it’s the sexiest IMHO and the quietest. I must admit that the MP5 and MP5K see more action.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I got my stamps back on my Silencerco Omega 9SD cans a while back. I was very surprised by how quiet they are for their size. I'll have to compare them sometime to my RTDS HE units. I believe from memory my RTDS 1s are more quiet. But have to say I'm very impressed with the Silencerco units !!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoss710 View Post
    I'll have to compare them sometime to my RTDS HE units. I believe from memory my RTDS 1s are more quiet.
    RDTS = Red Dog Target Supplies
    RTDS = Red Target Dog Supplies?
    Just givin' you a hard time... Lol

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

As my tired dyslexia shows lmbo .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siks View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm mostly interested in being able to recognise one. The most reliable thing I could find so far is a bumpy surface that starts about an inch back from the tip of the suppressor. Found this on a Russian site, seems to match what's on the H&K official site, though it's hard to see with the low quality image. Can anyone confirm this?

Attachment 209518

Attachment 209520
    This is the same suppressor I got from a Turkish mp5sd, it’s more quite than the original HK And also less blow back

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links