MP5SD Suppressor?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: MP5SD Suppressor?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default MP5SD Suppressor?

Hello.
    I'm pretty new to this so hopefully someone can explain. I've been looking into the MP5SD, specifically the suppressor but every time I search for it the only results are usually US-made suppressors (I'm assuming due to some laws or import restrictions?).
    I'm struggling to figure out what exactly is the factory HK MP5SD suppressor, and if anyone has any pics of what one should look like, it would be a big help.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Factory cans are imported. As such, they can only be owned by LE/Mil or a FFL/SOT with proper documentation. As close as you are going to get is likely one of the B&T or Dakota models.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Not sure myself, but I know someone here will sort you out pretty quick. Apologies for "horning in" on your post, but I was just talking to a buddy yesterday about 'carbon fouling' and useable suppressor life. I once saw a photo of an MP5-SD can (I believe it was from a shooting school or academy...) that was so poorly maintained (not ever cleaned or sonic-dipped, etc.) that it became a no db reduction at all. They cut it on a band-saw long-ways and every baffle was clogged/clotted with carbon.

Does anyone have a picture of that? Thanks in advance and apologies to O.P. for not starting my own thread.(will erase comment upon request)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The original can was good. But there have been other US manufacturers that have been able to produce a quieter can than OEM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies. I'm mostly interested in being able to recognise one. The most reliable thing I could find so far is a bumpy surface that starts about an inch back from the tip of the suppressor. Found this on a Russian site, seems to match what's on the H&K official site, though it's hard to see with the low quality image. Can anyone confirm this?

MP5SD Suppressor?-14632080.jpg

MP5SD Suppressor?-2-mp5sda3-left-july-20161.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The text near the back also seems to confirm this.
    MP5SD Suppressor?-14632074.jpg

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes that's indeed what the inside of the OEM unit looks like. There were at least 2 versions from what I remember.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks! Do you know if there's a visual difference between the two? Maybe years of manufacturing or specific MP5SD models?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    Not sure myself, but I know someone here will sort you out pretty quick. Apologies for "horning in" on your post, but I was just talking to a buddy yesterday about 'carbon fouling' and useable suppressor life. I once saw a photo of an MP5-SD can (I believe it was from a shooting school or academy...) that was so poorly maintained (not ever cleaned or sonic-dipped, etc.) that it became a no db reduction at all. They cut it on a band-saw long-ways and every baffle was clogged/clotted with carbon.

Does anyone have a picture of that? Thanks in advance and apologies to O.P. for not starting my own thread.(will erase comment upon request)

That was from TPM Outfitters - who by the way makes a GREAT SD can!
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/tpm-outf...our-mp5sd.html

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Ha! The barrel in that photo absolutely could use some cleaning... The one major issue with this system is that you really do need to pay attention to the carbon build up. Especially at the ports...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links