AAC and HK don't mix

Thread: AAC and HK don't mix

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default AAC and HK don't mix

I picked up a MP5F on the boards recently and when I tried mounting my AAC evolution 9mm can, it would insert but not turn. Prior to this I tried running it in full auto and no luck. Seller said the bolt was FA and sure enough it wasn't. Now I'm thinking I was sold a hack job. Long story short I contacted AAC and was told that their tri-lug mount is knurled and won't fit the MP5 but on the site is specifically says it will work.

Just for the record it did mount on my Octane .45

EVO-9™/ECO-9™ Triad Adapter

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ig720 View Post
    I picked up a MP5F on the boards recently and when I tried mounting my AAC evolution 9mm can, it would insert but not turn. Prior to this I tried running it in full auto and no luck. Seller said the bolt was FA and sure enough it wasn't. Now I'm thinking I was sold a hack job. Long story short I contacted AAC and was told that their tri-lug mount is knurled and won't fit the MP5 but on the site is specifically says it will work.

Just for the record it did mount on my Octane .45

EVO-9™/ECO-9™ Triad Adapter
    Rat out the seller--- could be an honest mistake--- presume that you asked for pics of the item and the vital components!!!

Tony

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Not sure of the specifics of your setup but I run a Tirant 9s on my Dakota Tactical D54 with TRIAD ADAPTER FOR TI-RANT SILENCER

Runs Flawlessly

Triad adapter for Ti-Rant silencers
    shows out of stock but would give AAC a call for ETA

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Lol no Tony I won't do that, he specifically told me not to bash him if I'm not happy, not kidding either. I tried contacting him a few times with no response.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TXHK View Post
    Not sure of the specifics of your setup but I run a Tirant 9s on my Dakota Tactical D54 with TRIAD ADAPTER FOR TI-RANT SILENCER

Runs Flawlessly

Triad adapter for Ti-Rant silencers
    shows out of stock but would give AAC a call for ETA
    I was told that my adapter could be out of spec but AAC assures me it's not.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Most of the time when a 3-lug suppressor wont seat far enough to lock it is due to the distance between the back of the lugs and the cocking tube dust cover being to small. There are a combination of things that can contribute to this situation both firearm and suppressor related. Have you checked to see if the back of the 3-lug adapter is touching the leading edge of the dust cover when you press down to collapse the spring in the adapter? Remove the cocking tube dust cover by pressing in on the plunger. After its out... try to mount the suppressor. If it goes on and locks, that gives you a starting point for remediation. Even the dust covers can be found in varying thicknesses, believe it or not. I even turned the face of one down in my lathe a few thousandths of an inch and that's all it took.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I did this last week so if I remember correctly it did clear the cocking tube. Just for the record it did work on a MP5K with a BT barrel.

Here's video link

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ig720 View Post
    I did this last week so if I remember correctly it did clear the cocking tube. Just for the record it did work on a MP5K with a BT barrel.

Here's video link
    Yep... That is one of the thicker dust covers I've seen. Have you tried to swap it out with the one on the first gun?... It looks thinner on the face. Turning the face down may work.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I run a Gemtech Trinity with 3 lug on both by MP5K-N and MP5F both German builds (Ralph sir/Ralph jr at RDTS)
    Fit's perfect, I do have to push in deep to turn. Both run exelent in full auto with and without suspressor.

Sponsored Links