HK Registered Sear in HK Ambi Semi Auto Pack
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK Registered Sear in HK Ambi Semi Auto Pack

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default HK Registered Sear in HK Ambi Semi Auto Pack

Can a registered HK (Fleming or Qualified) sear be used in a HK Ambi semi auto pack with the addition of a Friction Trip Lever, Semi Trigger Pack Sear Pack Elbow Spring, and Elbow Spring Spacer? Would the folded metal of the packs frame forward of the sear have to be trimmed to allow movement?
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; 07-26-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson
    GOA Life Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im pretty sure that a semi auto trigger pack will not allow the trigger to go back far enough to release the sear. this is the modification that is mandatory per ATF so as to prevent "slam fire".

i think you must convert a full auto pack to be a sear pack and because they lack the modification preventing the slam fire the atf mandates that you can only have trigger housing that is modifed for a sear per sear that you own.

so my understanding is that you can not use a semi pack

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Sounds like you’re taking a short cut. Just get an unmodified trigger pack. Also, timing would be an issue in that semi pack.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I thought that these registered sears were intended to be used in Semi Auto packs from the start. I have a retimed hammer so I don't see why it would not work with the other parts I mentioned in my first post.
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; 07-30-2019 at 09:01 PM.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default HK Registered Sear in HK Ambi Semi Auto Pack

The sear hole on a unmodified pack can’t be used to places a transferable sear in. A new hole is created and usually near where the original one was, but it’s never as low as where a semi-auto one is located. Geometry will be completely off and timing as well. Plus, the shelf on the hammer would never contact the sear in a semi pack. Just keep in mind not all retimed hammers are equal.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I thought that these registered sears were intended to be used in Semi Auto packs from the start. I have have a retimed hammer so I don't see why it would not work with the other parts I mentioned in my first post.
    The cut-out area in the front lower portion of the tigger pak picture shown above is where the pin holding the registered sear needs to be. I think that is why that portion of the
    semi-auto ambi paks is missing -- its to keep someone from making a full auto trigger group out of it. When a HK smith makes an regular full auto ambi pak sear ready, they
    weld up the lower pin hole that holds the trigger spring (Elbow Spring w/roller) among several things and move it upwards and more towards the front of the trigger pak frame. Not much but just enough that you could not accomplish it in the semi auto ambi pak pictured above.

Hope what I said makes sense.
    Last edited by HkCHUCK; 07-26-2018 at 05:24 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Edited to refer folks to this, a much more detailed thread on sears in semi-auto packs: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...ady-packs.html. The Pic links are currently broken for me, it would be great to see if they can be fixed.
    Last edited by GPSIG; 08-10-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post
    Registered sear goes in a semi pack that is modified by removing the selector stop that prevents a semi pack selector from rotating to the full auto position. The modified semi pack (with the stop removed) is an unserialized and unregistered conversion part that must be kept with a serialized and registered sear. This is why you can only have ONE modified semi trigger pack per sear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    except the "selector stop" does nothing to prevent the selector from going into the full auto position. It prevents the trigger from being pulled far enough back to even release the hammer from its sear notch. This is the extra length of trigger pull that moving the selector to full auto allows the trigger to travel compared to semi. The reason you can only have one with a sear is that this allows for the possibility of slam fire.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdfarming View Post
    except the "selector stop" does nothing to prevent the selector from going into the full auto position. It prevents the trigger from being pulled far enough back to even release the hammer from its sear notch. This is the extra length of trigger pull that moving the selector to full auto allows the trigger to travel compared to semi. The reason you can only have one with a sear is that this allows for the possibility of slam fire.
    Ferdfarming, I appreciate the correction and am still trying to fully understand the finer details of how semi packs are modified. In the sticky thread in the reference section, it seems to indicate the trigger stop doesn't need to be removed if you use a retimed hammer? The pictures on the thread are broken, so still trying to figure some of the details out.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I am unable to find any official documentation from the ATF concerning the slam fire and 1 pack per sear, could I be pointed in the right direction?
    HK KI MARK 23
    HK KI USP45 Tactical
    HK BG USP9 Tactical
    HK BG 45 Tactical
    HK BG VP9 Tactical
    HK BG VP9
    HK BG P30
    HK BG P30SK
    HK BG SP5K(MP5K-N)
    TPM MP5F
    TPM P5SD
    MM 23E