MP5K-N bolt gap/ locking piece question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MP5K-N bolt gap/ locking piece question

VP9s&SP5Ks

Default MP5K-N bolt gap/ locking piece question

My HK SP5K/MP5K-N conversion is fairly new; about 100 rounds through it so far.

Found out recently I should be running a #28 locking piece for suppressed shooting. Ordered a RCM #28LP and it arrived today. My bolt gap before was .013". After installing the new LP it's .025". Should I shoot it and let it settle in or get on putting in new rollers ASAP?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VP9s&SP5Ks View Post
    My HK SP5K/MP5K-N conversion is fairly new; about 100 rounds through it so far.

Found out recently I should be running a #28 locking piece for suppressed shooting. Ordered a RCM #28LP and it arrived today. My bolt gap before was .013". After installing the new LP it's .025". Should I shoot it and let it settle in or get on putting in new rollers ASAP?
    Was it not running well with the original LP? .013” is pretty decent, if it ran well like that, then if it ain’t broke...

VP9s&SP5Ks

It ran great. Only problem is I want to run it suppressed with 147gr ammo so needed the #28 LP. Correction for first post; my bolt gap is now .024". I bought 3 new #28LP's and tried them all; all were about the same but chose one that gave a little less gap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have a converted sp5k also. The RCM #28 is much looser tolerance then the genuine HK brand #28. I had the same issue as you and put a factory #28 locking piece in and gap went to ~0.015" correctly. Your other option would be to change rollers to correct the gap

VP9s&SP5Ks

Quote Originally Posted by vertigosol View Post
    I have a converted sp5k also. The RCM #28 is much looser tolerance then the genuine HK brand #28. I had the same issue as you and put a factory #28 locking piece in and gap went to ~0.015" correctly. Your other option would be to change rollers to correct the gap
    Oh boy. I researched this and the consensus on RCM parts was they're golden and same specs as HK! May I ask what was you bolt gap before changing the LP?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oh boy. I researched this and the consensus on RCM parts was they're golden and same specs as HK! May I ask what was you bolt gap before changing the LP?
    From what I remember it was about 0.012 with the 100 LP. The factory 28 LP opened it up about ~.003. There was a thread on here with another member that had the same issues as you and me and was fixed with using a factory LP vs the RCM one which is why I got a factory piece . Ill try to find the thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

It ran great. Only problem is I want to run it suppressed with 147gr ammo so needed the #28 LP. Correction for first post; my bolt gap is now .024". I bought 3 new #28LP's and tried them all; all were about the same but chose one that gave a little less gap.
    I would try running it with the standard LP, suppressed w/ the 147 gr. and see what how it ran, before spending any more money for parts you may never need.
    Ronzo and Obiefox like this.

VP9s&SP5Ks

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I would try running it with the standard LP, suppressed w/ the 147 gr. and see what how it ran, before spending any more money for parts you may never need.
    Suds: In searches, I've read from most on here that I can't do that. And that it will cause damage to my gun in time.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Suds: In searches, I've read from most on here that I can't do that. And that it will cause damage to my gun in time.
    Just curious, you have a link to those posts? I think you have more issues with shooting 147 grain than using a standard LP.
    Obiefox likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links