Vollmer HK51 Stock Options

Thread: Vollmer HK51 Stock Options

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Vollmer HK51 Stock Options

Hello everyone! I have a Vollmer 51 on the way with an A3 stock and I really want a fixed stock as well. HKparts has a PTR PDW A2 stock with collapsible rod here https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/view...idcategory=114. Does anyone know if this would be a direct no-modification plug-and-play fit for the Vollmer 51 or no?

Thanks!
    JetRanger

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I would call them and ask if they would push the rods together and measure the over all length of the rod.
    If it's the same as yours should be fine.

I have one for my vector 51 and it's 1/2 to long ,will no go back far enough to go into cocking notch.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fasth2 View Post
    I would call them and ask if they would push the rods together and measure the over all length of the rod.
    If it's the same as yours should be fine.

I have one for my vector 51 and it's 1/2 to long ,will no go back far enough to go into cocking notch.
    Yeah, I plan on calling them but I was hoping someone might have first-hand experience. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Those need to be modified to work in a Flemming gun. Ask me how I know. Lol it's not terrible hard. I have to pull mine out and look at it again. But I remember having to use a stock a3 stock. And having to cut down the spring guide rod and also shorten the spring. Then drill the 2 holes and reattach the spring retaining piece. I had called Addam at the time when I had ordered the parts. When I got everything it didn't fit, so I called him again and he was kinda crappie with me. Told me to take it to a gunsmith. I did it myself.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So rereading what I wrote. The stock you have the link to will not work. You will need a factory a2 stock and modify it .

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoss710 View Post
    So rereading what I wrote. The stock you have the link to will not work. You will need a factory a2 stock and modify it .
    That figures, I should have known it wouldn't be that easy. Thanks for the help!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoss710 View Post
    Those need to be modified to work in a Flemming gun. Ask me how I know. Lol it's not terrible hard. I have to pull mine out and look at it again. But I remember having to use a stock a3 stock. And having to cut down the spring guide rod and also shorten the spring. Then drill the 2 holes and reattach the spring retaining piece. I had called Addam at the time when I had ordered the parts. When I got everything it didn't fit, so I called him again and he was kinda crappie with me. Told me to take it to a gunsmith. I did it myself.
    Hey Hoss, so I'm gonna order a standard A2 stock but I don't want to butcher that one so I'll also get a new recoil rod, spring, and repair parts kit (spring ring, rod cap & rivets) and make up a new rod assembly. I'll just cut the new rod to the same length as the one in the A3 and drill new rivet holes and I'll be good to go, correct?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Correct!! That's exactly what I did. Be careful to count the coils on the spring. Think I left mine 1 or 2 long , and if I had any issues shorten it up. Mine ran great when I tested it . This is what I cut out of the stock spring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vollmer HK51 Stock Options-20180809_135920_1533837778549.jpg  

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Whoa! That's 24 coils, more than I expected. I'll be sure to count the ones on the existing rod with the pressure off and make sure I leave the same number past the end of the rod, or maybe + a few just to be safe as you suggest.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for all the help Hoss!

Sponsored Links