Quietest USP 45 Tactical Suppressor? Ready to buy a can! Which one?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Quietest USP 45 Tactical Suppressor? Ready to buy a can! Which one?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Quietest USP 45 Tactical Suppressor? Ready to buy a can! Which one?

After a lot of research, it seems that the Osprey 45 is still the quietest 45 can on the market, at about 130dB. And it looks the best, with good tone and a lot of volume for gasses.

I don’t care about modularity, or taking a can apart to keep it clean, That is just not necessary to clean a suppressor.

I’m curious what can will sound the best tone wise, I’m leaning towards the Omega 45K, Osprey 45K, and Osprey 45. It will stay 100% on my USP 45 Tactical.

Omega 45K?

Dead air ghost 45m?

Osprey 45?

Sig SRD45?

Obsidian 45?

Osprey 45k?

Other options?

Please help! Lol I’m tired of researching, and I’ve watched every suppressor video on YouTube! I’m ready to order and start my wait.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Knight's Armament Co - USP-T is the correct answer.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The Obsidian claims 129db...but all the new cans are close.

You ever gonna shoot it on a MP5? Then the Osprey is not really a good choice. Regardless, it seems like a bad choice all around based on guys with lots of suppressors.

I would choose the Obsidian, Ghost, or maybe just wait for CGS to release the Kraken 45.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes, the KAC USP Suppressor does seem like the right choice. And I may go this route as well.

CGS Group Kraken 9 is literally the quietest 9mm suppressor on earth.
    The Problem is, people who own them are stuck with 1/2x28 pistons that are proprietary too. So, everyone is waiting on 13.5x1lh Pistons.

If they do release a .45 suppressor it will most likely be the standard .578 thread pitch. And 16x1lh will take a year at least; Possibly never!

Anyone who has a CGS Kraken buys s CZ PO9 etc.etc threaded pistol on the cheap just to use it. If not, how do you mount it to a sig? Or an Hk?

MONEY PRINTER GO BRRRR
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I'm a big fan of AAC. The Ti-Rant 45 is a great can. I'll be using one of these on my yet-to-be-completed USC/UMP.

But a KAC USP-T Suppressor is what I'll be buying soon for my USPT45.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Besides the KAC can I would say for quietest not to consider the Osprey 45K unless size also matters, otherwise then ignore this previous statement.

I would say and it may not mean much, but go with the Osprey and if you have a choice in which piston comes with it then great. Otherwise if you do not have the right piston choice at the start then SiCo will trade it out for you at no cost as they have done for me in the past. Other companies will not do that and so you have to buy another piston to replace a possible and in your case most likely useless piston.
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

(Disclaimer: I own a Mark 23, not a USPT45).

I think if you are chasing the quietest, the KAC isn't the answer. I've got a KAC for my Mark 23, as well as an Obsidian, and met up with another Mark 23 owner who had an Osprey. We shot them back to back (admittedly, I don't have a M16x1 RH piston for my Obsidian, so we shot the Obsidian on an FNX45T). We both agreed that they sound very similar, but the KAC was a bit louder, just a bit more uncomfortable without ears. The Obsidian and Osprey sounded very close. The Obsidian was maybe a bit more quiet, but the difference between the two was less than the difference between the Osprey and KAC. Of the meter numbers I've seen, I think they would agree too. The ones I've seen have put the KAC in the upper 130s, maybe touching 140, the Osprey lower to mid 130s, and the Obsidian lower 130s sometimes a smidge under. I think if you're looking for quietest, the Obisidan and Ti-Rant .45 (or .45-M) are the two to look at.

That's not to say the KAC isn't the answer. It's definitely the most bomb proof, solidly made offering you can get. It's historically correct, and quite honestly, has an ultra classic look. It weighs more, which, may be a negative or a positive. Yeah, more weight is usually a downside. But I find the extra weight makes the KAC extra enjoyable to shoot. It lessens the muzzle flip and really just makes shooting suppressed that much more fun.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    (Disclaimer: I own a Mark 23, not a USPT45).

I think if you are chasing the quietest, the KAC isn't the answer. I've got a KAC for my Mark 23, as well as an Obsidian, and met up with another Mark 23 owner who had an Osprey. We shot them back to back (admittedly, I don't have a M16x1 RH piston for my Obsidian, so we shot the Obsidian on an FNX45T). We both agreed that they sound very similar, but the KAC was a bit louder, just a bit more uncomfortable without ears. The Obsidian and Osprey sounded very close. The Obsidian was maybe a bit more quiet, but the difference between the two was less than the difference between the Osprey and KAC. Of the meter numbers I've seen, I think they would agree too. The ones I've seen have put the KAC in the upper 130s, maybe touching 140, the Osprey lower to mid 130s, and the Obsidian lower 130s sometimes a smidge under. I think if you're looking for quietest, the Obisidan and Ti-Rant .45 (or .45-M) are the two to look at.

That's not to say the KAC isn't the answer. It's definitely the most bomb proof, solidly made offering you can get. It's historically correct, and quite honestly, has an ultra classic look. It weighs more, which, may be a negative or a positive. Yeah, more weight is usually a downside. But I find the extra weight makes the KAC extra enjoyable to shoot. It lessens the muzzle flip and really just makes shooting suppressed that much more fun.
    Very thoughtful and articulate offering. I was ready to fire back, but then read the whole thing. I'm prejudiced as I own more than a few 23's, but for me it comes down to one thing only - versatility. It may not be the quietest dry can, but the KAC can be shot WET. It IS indestructible and with water in it, the shot sounds like a wet fart. I dare you to do that with a thin-walled 'baffle-cups' can.

But then again, my post-apocalypse fantasies run sort of End of Days, Book of Eli crap anyway.......

mew
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

@THRLSEKR It IS indestructible
    But then again, my post-apocalypse fantasies run sort of End of Days, Book of Eli crap anyway.......

And you can use it as a bludgeon or hammer as the need arises!! post-apocalypse of course.......
    THRLSEKR likes this.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    Very thoughtful and articulate offering. I was ready to fire back, but then read the whole thing. I'm prejudiced as I own more than a few 23's, but for me it comes down to one thing only - versatility. It may not be the quietest dry can, but the KAC can be shot WET. It IS indestructible and with water in it, the shot sounds like a wet fart. I dare you to do that with a thin-walled 'baffle-cups' can.

It's possible to shoot most of the modern suppressors wet too. I've done it with both my KAC and my Obsidian. I've stopped doing it with either because it just makes a mess of everything, and I don't like carrying around a container of tactical water in my car.

My point is, the KAC isn't the choice if you're purely chasing dB numbers. But if you consider other factors, it may make more sense to you. If buying suppressors was only about finding the best dB reduction, there'd only be one suppressor on the market. But it isn't and that's why multiple ones exist.

I like my KAC for historical accuracy, appearance, muzzle flip reduction, and toughness, all while providing competitive sound reduction. It should also be noted that the KAC is a bit shorter than a lot of .45 suppressors, which may account for the lower reduction.

I like my Rugged for absolute sound reduction performance, light weight, versatility, and excellent warranty.

They both live together in my safe in harmony and peace.

For those wondering, here's what happened when we shot the Osprey and KAC back to back on our Mark 23s...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjvifgvh..._state_control
    THRLSEKR and chuckster62 like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links