Suppressor for my MR762 - SilcencerCo Omega 300 or OSS HX-QD 762?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Suppressor for my MR762 - SilcencerCo Omega 300 or OSS HX-QD 762?

  1. #1
    Member
    douglasjboehme's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 59
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default Suppressor for my MR762 - SilcencerCo Omega 300 or OSS HX-QD 762?

    Hi,
    I'm about to purchase a suppressor for my MR762 (stock barrel and gas block) and was recommended to go with a SilencerCo Omega 300. Reading through all of your wonderful forum posts, it seems that the Omega 300 has a tendency to overgas the MR762. I've also read that the OSS Helix is a better solution. Not as quiet but much better in solving the problem of overgassing. I've asked the store I'm working with to look into the OSS Helix instead.

    Am I correct in my assumptions here that the OSS will be the best solution for a suppressor or am I over thinking it?

    I'm getting a SilencerCo (Osprey or similar) for my HK45 and HK45c while I'm at it but that is just fun info and non-related. :)

    Thanks,
    Doug

    PS. Here's my baby.Suppressor for my MR762 - SilcencerCo Omega 300 or OSS HX-QD 762?-image-20180421_120300.jpg
    Last edited by douglasjboehme; 09-14-2018 at 06:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Premium Professional
    THRLSEKR's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Location : Central Florida
    Posts : 550
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    I have a MR762SD package with the 2 piece O.S.S. It 'seemed' really cool at the time, and IS nice to have the OSS can marked MR762.....but it IS kinda loud. Ironically, I learned through @mew a buddy's research that their GEN 4 is really their Generation ONE (clever marketing) and now the GEN 5 is really their Generation TWO. The 2 piece SRM sound reduction module and BPR Back Pressure Regulator was a really neat idea, but i'm not real impressed. Kinda loud, not "great" consistency in grouping, though I did limited testing. I have no idea what the HELIX is capable of.

    I already had a SUREFIRE RC2 SOCOM so I ran it until the OSS was out of jail and THAT can....although expensive, is a DREAM!

    Just my $.03
    douglasjboehme likes this.

  3. #3
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    gopherboy128's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2012
    Location : WA
    Posts : 2,360
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    Ironically, I learned through @mew a buddy's research that their GEN 4 is really their Generation ONE (clever marketing) and now the GEN 5 is really their Generation TWO.
    Can you elaborate? If not, PM me. I am interested in hearing more about this.
    douglasjboehme likes this.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    douglasjboehme's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 59
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    I have a MR762SD package with the 2 piece O.S.S. It 'seemed' really cool at the time, and IS nice to have the OSS can marked MR762.....but it IS kinda loud. Ironically, I learned through @mew a buddy's research that their GEN 4 is really their Generation ONE (clever marketing) and now the GEN 5 is really their Generation TWO. The 2 piece SRM sound reduction module and BPR Back Pressure Regulator was a really neat idea, but i'm not real impressed. Kinda loud, not "great" consistency in grouping, though I did limited testing. I have no idea what the HELIX is capable of.

    I already had a SUREFIRE RC2 SOCOM so I ran it until the OSS was out of jail and THAT can....although expensive, is a DREAM!

    Just my $.03
    Thank you!!!

    I assumed the OSS would be louder because of how it handles backpressure. I think it's somewhere near or just above 140db which is a lot.

    Maybe I can ask a different way: if the Omega 300 is a good suppressor, will it harm my MR762, cause it to not cycle correctly (I use 165gr or more matchgrade ammo), or will it just send a ton of gas back out the ejection port? I'm not really wedded to any suppressor at the moment, I just don't want to get the Omega 300 and regret it later.

    If your answer is to not get the Omega 300 but instead look to the SOCOM 2, I'm fine with that answer. I'd rather pay a bit more for one instead of buying something I don't need.
    Last edited by douglasjboehme; 09-14-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    THRLSEKR likes this.

  6. #5
    Member

    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 71
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Check out the Silencerco Chimera too. It's a newer version of Omega 300 and rugged like the saker.
    douglasjboehme and THRLSEKR like this.

  7. #6
    Premium Professional
    THRLSEKR's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Location : Central Florida
    Posts : 550
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by douglasjboehme View Post
    Thank you!!!

    I assumed the OSS would be louder because of how it handles backpressure. I think it's somewhere near or just above 140db which is a lot.

    Maybe I can ask a different way: if the Omega 300 is a good suppressor, will it harm my MR762, cause it to not cycle correctly (I use 165gr or more matchgrade ammo), or will it just send a ton of gas back out the ejection port? I'm not really wedded to any suppressor at the moment, I just don't want to get the Omega 300 and regret it later.

    If your answer is to not get the Omega 300 but instead look to the SOCOM 2, I'm fine with that answer. I'd rather pay a bit more for one instead of buying something I don't need.
    Doug,

    I can't 'speak' to the OMEGA 300 as i don't own and have never shot it. The S.F. SOCOM.....damn! I was ARMY (like 100 lbs. ago) and a Police Officer. I love gear and MilSpec really DOES mean something. I tend to over-"build", over-"weld", and if 1 staple is good, the THREE STAPLES are better. That being said, I may not know much, but I like substance over name. I LOVE my KNIGHTS ARMAMENT .45 can over any of my thin-walled 'baffle-stack' SiCo's and the like. The SOCOM is ri-DIC-U-lously Heavy Duty and Strong with a great Q.D. collar. The absolutely have a HK 15x1 muzzle brake/adapter so it's a viable option.

    It is incredibly quiet on my Rem 700 with single shot bolt sub-sonic, and really, really good with up to 175 ATOMIC MATCH. Same for the HK MR762, but of course louder in the S/A. I am by no means an authority and can all but Guarantee the you will hear from the Generation 'stuff' from MEW when he sees the mention and this thread.
    douglasjboehme likes this.

  8. #7
    Premium Professional
    THRLSEKR's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Location : Central Florida
    Posts : 550
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    Can you elaborate? If not, PM me. I am interested in hearing more about this.
    Gopher,

    I am sure that MEW will see this at some point and enlighten us both. (well, me AGAIN as I forget what I walked into the kitchen for most days...) We have spoken at length and both own 762SD's. He has spoken with the O.S.S. guys on the phone and is a great source for the product.
    Last edited by THRLSEKR; 09-14-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    douglasjboehme likes this.

  9. #8
    Member
    douglasjboehme's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 59
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Just heard back from the shop, SOCOM 2 it is! No issues getting one. :)

    Thank you and have a great weekend!
    THRLSEKR likes this.

  10. #9
    Premium Professional
    THRLSEKR's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Location : Central Florida
    Posts : 550
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    WoW! If you got it like that, then GREAT! Again, there are FAR greater authorities on here than I, but i.m.h.o. you will NOT be disappointed with the S.F. especially with the quick disconnect tab and collar.

    Happy weekend to you as well man. Stay Safe and carry, carry, CARRY!
    douglasjboehme likes this.

  11. #10
    Member
    douglasjboehme's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 59
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    The comment back from the shop was that it's pricey so they don't normally mention it. I told him the current price of my MR762 including the 3x25 Burris FFP scope, G28 conversion (buffer tube, stock, etc), bi-pod, etc more than justifies not putting something less than stellar on the end of it.
    THRLSEKR likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

oss helix 762

,

oss helix qd direct thread

Click on a term to search for related topics.