Newbie HK Auto Sear Question

Thread: Newbie HK Auto Sear Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Newbie HK Auto Sear Question

Hi, I'm a new member and I don't know much about HK's, Anyway I was looking around the internet and I found this picture on RTG parts.com of what appears to be an HK auto sear am I correct?
    Also when you buy a registered sear, for example, a Fleming Sear what does the auto sear replace in that hole to the left where the auto sear is supposed to sit? I dont understand if the trigger pack is already a full auto pack then why install the auto sear in the first place? Any answers would be greatly appreciated Thanks

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi, I'm a new member and I don't know much about HK's, Anyway I was looking around the internet and I found this picture on RTG parts.com of what appears to be an HK auto sear am I correct?
    Also when you buy a registered sear, for example, a Fleming Sear what does the auto sear replace in that hole to the left where the auto sear is supposed to sit? I dont understand if the trigger pack is already a full auto pack then why install the auto sear in the first place? Any answers would be greatly appreciated Thanks
    Short answer....no, it's not an "auto sear". Those will run you about.....$30K
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay but what about that pin to the left what is that?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Good read for someone not familiar with 90 series NFA conversions... lots of info that covers sears, packs, registered receivers, etc.
    http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/...k_nfa_conv.HTM
    Last edited by rickj1nd; 09-16-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- I would change your username!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The furthest hole to left is indeed the full auto sear axle. But a registered sear is a different length and requires the hole to be relocated, the factory location must be cut out. It is required so that factory seats and registered seats are not interchangeable. That factory pack won’t fit onto a semi auto receiver without felonious modifications.
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
    The furthest hole to left is indeed the full auto sear axle. But a registered sear is a different length and requires the hole to be relocated, the factory location must be cut out. It is required so that factory seats and registered seats are not interchangeable. That factory pack won’t fit onto a semi auto receiver without felonious modifications.
    Felonious modification. That’s SAT prep worthy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Newbie ... That is indeed a full auto sear in your original post, but you would only want to install that in a registered pack, the registered sears are similar but have a different geometry as they mount on the trigger spring axle ... and install in a semi-auto pack. If you get a registered sear you will also need the sear trip, which is the part that stick up above the trigger pack and is what the bolt carrier trips to release the registered sear ... You will also probably want to get the hammer that has been made or modified for use with the different geometry of the registered sear. I've heard of people breaking hammers so you may want to keep a spare on hand just in case ... Personally I have the modified for registered sear hammer and have yet to have one break, but I've only had it for about 5 years.
    Last edited by kimberkid; 09-24-2018 at 03:41 AM.
    If you really want to do something, you'll find a way
    If you don't, you'll find an excuse

Sponsored Links