Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Interesting listing

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    Yeah. LaFrance didn’t register that frame. Sure, it has the serial number he placed on the original he registered, but it wasn’t that frame.
    All of the LaFrance registered trigger packs have at least had "LS" in an oval on the left side!!!

Tony
    Brad4065 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    So, looks like MGA is back at it. They are now advertising a Closed-Bolt Full-Auto Capable Operating Group:

https://mga1-3.myshopify.com/product...perating-group

This is the long anticipated new full-auto capable operating group that works with Registered Sears and things like the Franklin Armory Binary Trigger.

This is a NON-NFA item that allows those with legal sears and Binary triggers to operate their guns in full auto or near full auto speeds and avoid bolt bounce and provides other improvements for full auto use.

This operating group upgrade is complete and should work in ALL previous models of our semi-auto M249s, MK46s, and MK48s.

So, either they are being deliberately misleading, or somehow they think that this gets around whatever denial they had before in terms of using their guns as a host. I'd really like to see the ATF Tech branch letters either way.

Screw the ATF Tech Branch Letter; they have a video on YouTube to prove it (take note at 1:10). Probably will be taken down after they get wind of the comments on this site...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtpLHhpfHos

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tailflash View Post
    Screw the ATF Tech Branch Letter; they have a video on YouTube to prove it (take note at 1:10). Probably will be taken down after they get wind of the comments on this site...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtpLHhpfHos
    Schew!!!!

I feel so much better now knowing that it's all out there on the YouTube. Surely it's a legal entity.

Thanks @Tailflash for clearing this upp!!!!

{For the inherently stupid....that was sarcasm so thick, that you couldn't cut it with a chainsaw......just sayin}
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

honestly if theyre are aware of the law you gotta give em props for the courage to push the envelope. i think it might be a good thing because imagine if the atf changes its mind like its been known to do and that opens the floodgates for hk trigger pack compatible mg-42s, stg44s like the example i posted on my previous thread and whatever else people can imagine and build. just daydreaming dont mind me lol

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The ATF position regarding the use of a Registered Sear in another make of gun is well established. I don’t have the time or $$$ to fight it, but it’s complete BS. I have multiple HK & clone guns for each of my sears. The SEAR is the registered part, it SHOULDN’T make a damn what gun I put it in. The hosts aren’t machine guns, the sear is.

SH
    Brad4065 and Ferdfarming like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CircleSH View Post
    The ATF position regarding the use of a Registered Sear in another make of gun is well established. I don’t have the time or $$$ to fight it, but it’s complete BS. I have multiple HK & clone guns for each of my sears. The SEAR is the registered part, it SHOULDN’T make a damn what gun I put it in. The hosts aren’t machine guns, the sear is.

SH
    Fully agree. Sure would make a big jump in demand (not to mention prices) for a sear if ATF Branch would give the green light to use a registered sear in whatever platform it could be adapted to. Like Oicani mentioned about the possibility of using a registered sear in a clone HK MG4; then again, my two sears just mention Machine Gun Sear, Model: HK. Hello Kitty !! Interesting listing-mg-sear-form-4.jpg

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    Yeah. LaFrance didn’t register that frame. Sure, it has the serial number he placed on the original he registered, but it wasn’t that frame.
    ...and that frame/fire control components are SEF parts. DEFINITELY, not a 4 position pack, like he says in his ad. Safe, semi, 3 round burst AND full auto. Note that pack!!!
    caf82313 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CircleSH View Post

SH
    Agreed. It would be one thing if their sole stipulation was that the neither the gun, nor the conversion device, could be modified for it to work, so that basically, it would need to be a drop in part. But since MGA and various other groups have designed their guns around the HK trigger packs, that should be fine.

Of course, the ATF then came up with a whole new batch of criteria that are extremely flimsy. But, in order to challenge it, someone has to be willing to be the test case (and have the resources to ride it out).

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    All of the LaFrance registered trigger packs have at least had "LS" in an oval on the left side!!!

Tony
    Furthermore the LS logo and serial numbers are stamped at the left rear of a true LaFrance pack not at the front as in this example. Those markings shown looked to be engraved, not stamped, since I don't see any displaced metal.
    caf82313 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

This sold at a great price, wonder who won it ;)
    caf82313 and GuntherRommel like this.
    Spent most of my tax return on Hk parts, booze and ammo....the rest I just wasted

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links