KAC USP-t Suppressor dB levels. It’s actually quiet! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: KAC USP-t Suppressor dB levels. It’s actually quiet!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    Theres no more electronic Form 1 or Form 4s. All paper now.
    I’m confused, I’ve still gotta go in and handle the stuff through the kiosk. But, they said I can setup a single shot trust, even though my silencer is not from silencershop. And the papers get scanned in to the atf?

I am thinking it will be 12 months at the minimum.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tps3443 View Post
    I’m confused, I’ve still gotta go in and handle the stuff through the kiosk. But, they said I can setup a single shot trust, even though my silencer is not from silencershop. And the papers get scanned in to the atf?

I am thinking it will be 12 months at the minimum.
    Ahh, yes Silencer Shop has a very automated digital workflow with their SID kiosk they have come up with. That being said, the ATF is not using their "eForms" platform anymore (for Form 1 and 4s) and regardless of how you get your application *TO* the ATF for processing, it's all one big pile now.

My last 4 stamps have gone from 8 months down to 6. So things are improving.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congratulations on your purchase! I also just pulled the trigger on my KAC can... What pushed me over the edge was my local indoor range just got their SOT so they allow me conjugal visits upon request haha.

Maybe we will share a very happy Tax Stamp Day 6-10 months from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well I had to pay $1,400. I’ve found them for $950. But I couldn’t afford to buy it out right. So it’s on layaway.

I put down enough to get my paper started on the trust. I’m using a single shot trust through silencer shop.
    Who has them for $950?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shelby67_27614 View Post
    Well I had to pay $1,400. I’ve found them for $950. But I couldn’t afford to buy it out right. So it’s on layaway.

I put down enough to get my paper started on the trust. I’m using a single shot trust through silencer shop.
    Who has them for $950?
    Gunbroker usually sells them for $950 to $1000. I called a few dealers, and they were willing to end the auction and form 1 it electronically to my local kiosk store. But, I just couldn’t afford to buy one outright, with the $200 stamp cost. So I had to pay $1,395 and layaway one I found locally.

There’s one on GB right now for $999.

They are quiet suppressors, even dry. Even today’s suppressor technology as of 2018. New cans on the market can barely match the old KAC, or just barely beat it. So, for durability standpoint. And it’s tuned perfectly for a USP45 Tactical. The KAC was the only option for me.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhawley56 View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase! I also just pulled the trigger on my KAC can... What pushed me over the edge was my local indoor range just got their SOT so they allow me conjugal visits upon request haha.

Maybe we will share a very happy Tax Stamp Day 6-10 months from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is AWESOME. Best suppressor ever. Not a lot of people have a option to buy a suppressor designed for there pistol. So, since I own a uspt45 it’s just nice to be able to get a suppressor that’s very reliable like this one and it’s probably the quietest 45 can on the market in its size class.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

@shelby67_27614

How is that HK UTL light? I have a TLR1HL it’s like some 800 lumens. But, I really don’t want to run an adapter on my USP. Plus, the TLR1HL is to bright. We lost power 1 night, and shining it at the ceiling looked like the room had electricity on. The wall reflection is blinding from the light intensity.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@shelby67_27614

How is that HK UTL light? I have a TLR1HL it’s like some 800 lumens. But, I really don’t want to run an adapter on my USP. Plus, the TLR1HL is to bright. We lost power 1 night, and shining it at the ceiling looked like the room had electricity on. The wall reflection is blinding from the light intensity.
    I don’t have a UTL light. I run a Surefire X400.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’m hoping this thread will help people with the facts about the knights suppressor.

I started digging a little more in to sound levels. The bug has bitten me for sure!

Here is the Rugged Obsidian 45 test from Silencer shop in long configuration. Notice the first round pop is really bad. And, at the shooters ear these cans are identical. It’s never good to compare numbers I know. But I do anyways.

I think the myth of the KAC being loud, and underperforming can be laid to rest.

Whoever designed the KAC suppressor built it with NO first round pop. I can’t figure out how they did it.

baby numbat

Here is the Rugged Obsidian 45 in short. And at the shooters ear it is much louder than the KAC @ nearly 140dB

do you need car insurance to drive

Silencershop said the Obsidian short reduced sound level by 24dB overall in the K configuration. So, at the ear it was 139.3dB. The KAC averaged 134.6dB at ear. If you subtract the difference in there tested dB ratings. Then this shows that the KAC really does reduce sound by its manufacturer claimed 28dB or better dry.

I know people say don’t compare numbers. But, this is two different cans, two different test, different areas etc etc. And the numbers don’t lie.
    Last edited by tps3443; 09-25-2018 at 02:42 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I’m hoping this thread will help people with the facts about the knights suppressor.

I started digging a little more in to sound levels. The bug has bitten me for sure!

Here is the Rugged Obsidian 45 test from Silencer shop in long configuration. Notice the first round pop is really bad. And, at the shooters ear these cans are identical. It’s never good to compare numbers I know. But I do anyways.

I think the myth of the KAC being loud, and underperforming can be laid to rest.

Whoever designed the KAC suppressor built it with NO first round pop. I can’t figure out how they did it.

baby numbat

Here is the Rugged Obsidian 45 in short. And at the shooters ear it is much louder than the KAC @ nearly 140dB

do you need car insurance to drive

Silencershop said the Obsidian short reduced sound level by 24dB overall in the K configuration. So, at the ear it was 139.3dB. The KAC averaged 134.6dB at ear. If you subtract the difference in there tested dB ratings. Then this shows that the KAC really does reduce sound by its manufacturer claimed 28dB or better dry.

I know people say don’t compare numbers. But, this is two different cans, two different test, different areas etc etc. And the numbers don’t lie.

That's what happens when a suppressor is made specifically for the pistol its on and for a specific purpose. There hasn't been more time and R&D put into a suppressor like this before and I dare say after KAC made these. All others are it's children, the Legend will forever live on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links