MP5 A3 Stocks: Buyers Guide? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: MP5 A3 Stocks: Buyers Guide?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rickj1nd View Post
    I would go with a factory A3 F from Numrich. I have never found one any cheaper. The F is superior in my opinion (unless you are going for a "look"). Also, why go with a knock-off "universal" F that has a fork cut out for a 40/10 BHO if you have no intentions of ever needing it. Just my opinion and I'm sure there are various others.
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1573180

Absolutely agree. I just picked one up from Numrich about 3 months ago. F stock is the best.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Learning opportunity for me... What is the "E" designation you associated with the stock? I purchased 3 of these from Numrich over the last few years and I thought the were standard HK F stocks, as listed. They have no cut out for the 40/10 BHO so what makes them "universal"?
    Thanks, Jim
    That is the label on the bag mine came in. I think E stands for Export. I can post it later.

"Universal" means that it can work with any MP5 in 9mm, 40/10mm because the cutout on the left rail. The ones from Numrich do not have the left fork cutout and are not "Universal" as a result, and I much prefer the ones that do NOT have the cutout.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    That is the label on the bag mine came in. I think E stands for Export. I can post it later.

"Universal" means that it can work with any MP5 in 9mm, 40/10mm because the cutout on the left rail. The ones from Numrich do not have the left fork cutout and are not "Universal" as a result, and I much prefer the ones that do NOT have the cutout.
    Right... I guess I was just confused as you said the picture from Numrich was a "Universal" stock and I guess I'm not seeing that. (i.e. no cut out) Or maybe its just hard to see. Regardless, they ship the 9mm solid fork version.
    Last edited by rickj1nd; 11-05-2018 at 12:31 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Right... I guess I was just confused as you said the picture from Numrich was a "Universal" stock and I guess I'm not seeing that. (i.e. no cut out) Or maybe its just hard to see. Regardless, they ship the 9mm solid fork version.
    You're right, I was referring to my picture but in the context of the thread it seems as if I am referring to your picture. I just corrected my earlier post to clarify which stock I'm referring to.

I like your F stock better than my F stock.

EDIT TO ADD: That is a killer price Numrich is selling it for, that's a $500+ stock. I think might just buy one.. or two.
    Last edited by Mr.Maim; 11-05-2018 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That's a great price! I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one from brownells for 468 then ran across this post. Hard to believe it's HK for that price but seems like everyone here is in agreement that it is. Guess I'll have to order one

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

When I see an F stock with a .40 cut on it, I assume it's an ATI repro until I can find a date stamp. I had a bad ATI stock experience, so I am tainted now. The vast majority of F stocks with .40 cuts that you see are ATI stocks.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Sadly, no more date codes on HK furniture for several years now. None of the "F" stocks that I have ever seen have date codes (that's not saying that I have seen them all!).

Here's a few threads going back as far as 2010.

no-date-code-stock-normal
    mp5-a3-stock-date-code-help
    no-datecodes-recently-purchased-hk-stocks-handguard-normal
    no-codes-now
    mp5-a3-f-style-stock-question
    a3-stock-identification-german-clone-longbuffer

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    Sadly, no more date codes on HK furniture for several years now. None of the "F" stocks that I have ever seen have date codes
    I believe that is the general consensus. Fortunately, the ones I ordered from Numrich over the last few years did come in factory sealed bags with barcode.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I believe that is the general consensus. Fortunately, the ones I ordered from Numrich over the last few years did come in factory sealed bags with barcode.
    Oh definitely, the ones I've purchased in the past few years were also new in bags with HK labels.

The stocks from Numrich, you can be assured are Genuine HK. Them and IMA-USA are the gold standard for surplus firearm parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would go with a factory A3 F from Numrich. I have never found one any cheaper. The F is superior in my opinion (unless you are going for a "look"). Also, why go with a knock-off "universal" F that has a fork cut out for a 40/10 BHO if you have no intentions of ever needing it. Just my opinion and I'm sure there are various others.
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1573180
    This seems like a really good buy. Are all factory A3 F stocks 2 position stocks?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links