UMP 45 Clone - Need help with .45 3-lug and TiRant
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: UMP 45 Clone - Need help with .45 3-lug and TiRant

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default UMP 45 Clone - Need help with .45 3-lug and TiRant

My gun came in and everything looks and feels great. Just ran into a huge issue not related to the gun itself though...

I went to Silencershop after picking up the UMP clone and checked with them to see if the tri-lug adapter AAC makes will work with this gun....the answer is NO. The AAC Triad adapter is actually using a 9mm 3-lug and does not work on the barrel/threads/lugs on the .45acp barrel. This isn’t an issue with the gun but I want to use my TiRant 45 on this firearm...

They gave me a few options...

1. AAC (maybe) used to make a .40 caliber (apparently will work with the .45) adapter for the TiRant series...these were supposedly stopped in production around 2012....every time I google it brings up the current production which we confirmed does not fit/work.
    2. Check with Griffin Armament to see if their .45 caliber 3-lug adapter will interface with my TiRant 45 in a [img]/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/img] way (if it works I don’t care!)....tried calling Griffin Armament multiple times and they didn’t answer their phones.
    3. Buy a Griffin Armament .45 can and use their 3-lug adapter (not interested due to costs and process for wait)
    4. Check with Stalking Rhino or TROS USA to see if they can assist in a custom 3 lug adapter for the .45acp barrel (sent email to Stalking Rhink already)

I am thankful the guys at Silencershop were so patient and tried everything they could to see if they had a solution in house.

My curiosity is that surely guys here with .40 and .45 caliber barrels are using 3-lug adapters....is everyone using Griffin Armament? I’m open for help/suggestions...

N55
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Assuming your barrel is threaded 16x1 LH Silencerco Makes and .45acp tri-lug for that thread pitch.

You may have to see if the SiCo .45 Tri Lug mount will interface with the TiRant

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe the issue is that many of the .45acp tri-lug adapters are not truly .45acp..many use 9mm lugs or appear to be made for people who want to shoot .45 caliber cans on 9mm hosts....I’m unsure if the model you mentioned falls into that category but we tried multiple combinations at Silencershop with no resolve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Which barrel are you using? The GSG9 barrel sold by HKParts?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LEEF View Post
    Which barrel are you using? The GSG9 barrel sold by HKParts?
    LOL - I hope not! The real issue is that everyone uses their own spec for .45ACP 3-lug, unlike 9mm, where there's a standard they all build to. Not sure if AAC makes a .45ACP adapter for their Ti-Rant. Like OP said, most 3-lug setups for .45 silencers, are so owners can shoot 9mm through them.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm using the Tirant 45 with my UMP. I'm just using the threaded piston. I don't see any value in using a QD mount for that gun. I have plenty of .45 pistols, some of which use the 16x1 LH so it's an easy twist on and off to go between the UMP and say the USP-T. I do use the 3 lug for my MP5 with a Octane 9mm, but that's kind of a pain too. If I want to shoot that can on a pistol, I have to use a strap wrench to take off the 3-lug adapter.

My point being, the 3 lug attachment isn't as great as it seems in reality. I would go direct thread and call it a day.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought the pistol as a whole from Atlantic Firearms so it has their barrel I am sure.

As far as direct thread on I own multiple cans and have multiple hosts and when I am using semi auto fire on anything but a handgun I want a QD system...your mileage may vary but I hate checking the van every few shots to make sure it hasn’t backed off. I know about the tape and all of the other jerry-rigged ways you can have it seat better but it isn’t aesthetically appealing or ideal in my set ups. My only other .45acp host is a 1911 that doesn’t have the same threading so quickly putting the .45acp can on another gun is not something I would benefit from like you mentioned.

I emailed AAC and they said no they don’t/didn’t make it and no they will not make it...and that was all. But out of all of the companies I have emailed they are the only one that even responded so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I had done some research while building my Omega clone. There really isn't a standard for .45 size 3 lug so they are all pretty useless. If you want true QD on the UMP the best way to go is get a flanged barrel and a dedicated UMP suppressor, but they may be hard to find.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coryjac0b View Post
    I had done some research while building my Omega clone. There really isn't a standard for .45 size 3 lug so they are all pretty useless. If you want true QD on the UMP the best way to go is get a flanged barrel and a dedicated UMP suppressor, but they may be hard to find.
    My Omega45K with a .45ACP 3-lug setup begs to differ...

UMP 45 Clone - Need help with .45 3-lug and TiRant-28584089_10160200044810245_9181799_o-466238.jpg
    Last edited by gopherboy128; 12-12-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    kbinmt likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I am unfortunately running a GSG9 3 lug 45 barrel with their 3 lug adapter for the SiCo Octane45 suppressor.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links