B&T MP5 QD Suppressor Mounting Problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: B&T MP5 QD Suppressor Mounting Problem

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFIMD View Post
    Odds are the thread protector that you have has an OD (outer diameter) that is out of spec.

The silver bushing is designed to tightly go over a standard MP5 muzzle which doesn’t typically have the knurled grips that a thread protector does.

Is that protector HK OEM? It’s hard to say without seeing how much you would have to take off on a lathe or with some emory paper. Sometimes the knurling is just too aggressive and you need to bump off the points.

With the protector off, check for any play in the x/y direction before you shoot it. There is a small amount of indexing that happens after the threads and right before the tri-lug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You're exactly right, the knurled thread protector was out of spec just a tad. I put another thread protector on and it fits fine.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson
    GOA Life Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    You're exactly right, the knurled thread protector was out of spec just a tad. I put another thread protector on and it fits fine.
    Who makes the thread protector that fits? Is it smooth or knurled? 1/2x28 or 1/2x32?

Thanks in advance. Glad you found a solution to your problem!
    HK21E/23E/11E Registered Receiver (Fleming/TSC)
    USP Tactical .45ACP
    USP 45 Compact Tactical

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The one that would not fit and was out of spec I got from HK Parts and was 1/2x28. I'm using the factory 1/2x28 that came with the Zenith Z-5RS which is my shooter gun, which I should have mentioned in the first post. The factory Zenith thread protector has less knurling than the one I got from HK Parts. Live and learn I guess. The suppressor mounts perfect on my other factory HK MP5's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My thread protectors I tried to fit the B&T suppressors over are factory HK 1/2x32 (2), so I would be surprised if they were out of spec. I assumed since the majority of HK MP5’s were not threaded barrels that B&T designed their suppressor based on non threaded three lug barrels. I will check all my other threaded barrel MP’s to see if the B&T suppressors will fit over protectors in a day or so and report back.

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

The HK spec. is about 15mm /.590" +.000 -.001
    The B&T sleeve is about .590 with minus pins.
    With B&T being a large supplier to HK I'm sure they spec. to HK barrel prints.
    If your protector measures more than .5905 you might not fit a B&T.
    MM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hk21man View Post
    With B&T being a large supplier to HK I'm sure they spec. to HK barrel prints.
    If your protector measures more than .5905 you might not fit a B&T.
    MM
    This is correct. They are off of HK drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by 4C Dragon View Post
    My thread protectors I tried to fit the B&T suppressors over are factory HK 1/2x32 (2), so I would be surprised if they were out of spec. I assumed since the majority of HK MP5’s were not threaded barrels that B&T designed their suppressor based on non threaded three lug barrels. I will check all my other threaded barrel MP’s to see if the B&T suppressors will fit over protectors in a day or so and report back.
    You’d be surprised how many thread protectors are advertised to fit “factory” 1/2x32 threads and are not made to factory OD spec.

A new MM or B&T OEM barrel w/ or w/o threads will solve all of these issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I purchased a Gemtech 10mm can several years ago. I have the smooth thread cover. I believe it came with the can. Then years later I purchased one of MM’s 10mm barrels which shipped with the knurled cover. Then came a time when I had to replace a busted trunnion in my Coharie 10mm so I decided to install MM’s bbl. Sure enough the can would not go on. That’s when I remembered the smooth cover from Gemtech. I believe it has their measurements engraved on it. PM me if you need that.

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Gemtech apparently doesn't know the spec for a 10mm MP5 barrel (.647" +/- .001")
    This is why they stopped cans for the UMP.
    Depending on when you got your barrel it has a German 10mm TP.
    Smooth or knurled doesn't matter on spec.
    MM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links