B&T MP5 QD Suppressor Mounting Problem
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: B&T MP5 QD Suppressor Mounting Problem

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default B&T MP5 QD Suppressor Mounting Problem

I just picked up my new B&T MP5 QD suppressor the other day and just went to try and attach it to my shooter Zenith Z-5RS however it will not go over the 3 lug but stops just in front. I have the mount screwed nearly all the way out but the silver bushing in the QD seems to be keeping it from going over the 3 lug.

Update: The 1/2x28 thread protector I purchased from HK Parts and was using is out of spec and would not allow the bushing to slip over it. I put the Zenith thread protector back on and was able to mount the suppressor with no issue.
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; 12-31-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson
    GOA Life Member

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I just took the thread protector off and it attached fine. Has anyone else had this issue with this B&T QD MP5 suppressor, I thought you could leave the thread protector on the barrel?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Typically the thread protector is mandatory for 3lug use as the suppressor uses it for alignment/support

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I have to remove the thread protector from the barrel to mount either of my B&T suppressors to fit on the 3 lug. I just thought that’s how B&T suppressors worked.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I believe you have to have a “smooth” thread protector, it keeps suppressor align so no wobble, I bought a gemtech raptor and that’s how it works, here’s the kicker, they don’t give you the protector w/can, have to buy it separate, and hasn’t been in stock to buy for 2 years, so I’ve never shot it, repeated emails and even talking to them at NRA shows, “I’ve never heard of that, I’ll check on that and get back to you” response from gemtech, and I get no response, I’ll never buy another can from them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waylon43 View Post
    I believe you have to have a “smooth” thread protector, it keeps suppressor align so no wobble, I bought a gemtech raptor and that’s how it works, here’s the kicker, they don’t give you the protector w/can, have to buy it separate, and hasn’t been in stock to buy for 2 years, so I’ve never shot it, repeated emails and even talking to them at NRA shows, “I’ve never heard of that, I’ll check on that and get back to you” response from gemtech, and I get no response, I’ll never buy another can from them

I feel the same way about Gemtech after a personal horror story over a suppressor with them. There are other places to get the proper thread protector. I had to do that a while ago also and I can't remember where right now.

chuck
    MP5SD
    MP5
    HK93
    MP5K-N
    MM23e
    USP Tactical 45
    USP 45

Clouding the matter with facts on a daily basis.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)

Let's stay focused on the OP, please.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I’ve never had a problem mounting my B&T QD suppressor, but my 3 lug barrel is not threaded. My initial problem was that I didn’t realize at first that the mount has to be partially unscrewed to get the suppressor on. Once I learned that, it has worked great.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

jfk
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I just picked up my new B&T MP5 QD suppressor the other day and just went to try and attach it to the barrel however it will not go over the 3 lug but stops just in front. I have the mount screwed nearly all the way out but the silver bushing in the QD seems to be keeping it from going over the 3 lug. I took the bushing out and just had the spring in and it will go over the 3 lug, but the suppressor is very wobbly. Any help is appreciated.
    Can you give us the dimensions? Thread pitch and length?
    I sold my HK's and bought a whole bunch of Century C93s. The best rifles on the planet bar none. I love the C93 pistols with the 12 o' clock slot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I just took the thread protector off and it attached fine. Has anyone else had this issue with this B&T QD MP5 suppressor, I thought you could leave the thread protector on the barrel?
    Odds are the thread protector that you have has an OD (outer diameter) that is out of spec.

The silver bushing is designed to tightly go over a standard MP5 muzzle which doesn’t typically have the knurled grips that a thread protector does.

Is that protector HK OEM? It’s hard to say without seeing how much you would have to take off on a lathe or with some emory paper. Sometimes the knurling is just too aggressive and you need to bump off the points.

With the protector off, check for any play in the x/y direction before you shoot it. There is a small amount of indexing that happens after the threads and right before the tri-lug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links