MP5 40/10 vs 9mm recoil rods. How to differentiate?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MP5 40/10 vs 9mm recoil rods. How to differentiate?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MP5 40/10 vs 9mm recoil rods. How to differentiate?

When testing sub some sub sonic loads with the low LP I forgot which recall which Rod I had installed last. I’m assuming the 9 mm rod’s have more coils. What about the color of the end plastic piece?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwesi View Post
    When testing sub some sub sonic loads with the low LP I forgot which recall which Rod I had installed last. I’m assuming the 9 mm rod’s have more coils. What about the color of the end plastic piece?
    Silly question, but are you using the older style 9mm recoil rod that gets captured in the bolt carrier, or an F recoil rod in your 9mm? Standard “captured” 9mm recoil rod has white-ish nylon retaining pieces at each end.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

The recoil rods I have for my 40/10/357 Sig all have black end pieces rather than the clearish ones.

================================================== ===========================================

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    The recoil rods I have for my 40/10/357 Sig all have black end pieces rather than the clearish ones.

================================================== ===========================================
    And it is probably safe to say they are all F style recoil rods that are not “captured” by the bolt carrier.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both of mine have white-ish ends. Both are not captured in the f/a carrier. The CA89-10 ran perfect with the rod that took more effort to chamber a round. IIRC it has less coils than the one I removed from my MP5 9mm.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Both of mine have white-ish ends. Both are not captured in the f/a carrier. The CA89-10 ran perfect with the rod that took more effort to chamber a round. IIRC it has less coils than the one I removed from my MP5 9mm.
    I have no knowledge of what may go in clones. Typically, the 40/10mm would use the same recoil rod as the MP5F. It's a non-captured rod. Going from memory about 30 years, the original MP5/10s used a 93 recoil rod. This didn't last long and HK then went to the MP5F rod as their "universal" MP5 rod, used in 9mm F guns and the MP5/10/40.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I have no knowledge of what may go in clones. Typically, the 40/10mm would use the same recoil rod as the MP5F. It's a non-captured rod. Going from memory about 30 years, the original MP5/10s used a 93 recoil rod. This didn't last long and HK then went to the MP5F rod as their "universal" MP5 rod, used in 9mm F guns and the MP5/10/40.
    What ^^^^^^ said. Out of curiosity {I know my shooter, but wanted to check the others}. None of the MP5 10MM have captured rods. My MP5 9MM DOES have the captured rod, which personally, I prefer. Hope this helps.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’ve replaced all the recoil rods that came in my clones. I will need to check my 9mm’s.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A side note: my CA89-10 puts a beating on the brass as it’s ejecting and it’s hard to reclaim much of the brass at my indoor range. Exits at about 2:00. My loads @1200 FPS / 180 gr FMJ / non-virgin brass

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Suds: I have a NIB German MP5 F recoil rod that has the black ends.
    SudS likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links