Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: HK 94 to SBR Considerations

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxfaxdude View Post
    I had this HK94 SBR build done by TSC several years ago. Mike did a perfect job for a very reasonable price.

Attachment 223566
    Very nice SBR and briefcase (especially the contents)!!!

Tony
    rolandlisalaura likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hk21man View Post
    OP I would check your options for the build and DO NOT have your barrel cut and a tip applied.
    MM

Out of curiosity what is the disadvantage of going this route?
    Recreational HK Collector

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

I don't think that one buyer going full retard on Gougebroker sets a market. That said, if I had a 94 I wouldn't chop it at this point. You could sell that badboy, buy a Zenith pistol (if they ever show up), SBR that, buy a can and still have a nice chunk of change to pocket or spend on ammo.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I don't think that one buyer going full retard on Gougebroker sets a market. That said, if I had a 94 I wouldn't chop it at this point. You could sell that badboy, buy a Zenith pistol (if they ever show up), SBR that, buy a can and still have a nice chunk of change to pocket or spend on ammo.
    That was my point as well. OP seems like he wants to shoot it. I have a DJ Getz gun and shoot the piss out of it. Does it have a few marks and scratches with use? Sure, but it still goes bang!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Very nice SBR and briefcase (especially the contents)!!!

Tony
    I thought it might get someone's attention.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I had this HK94 SBR build done by TSC several years ago. Mike did a perfect job for a very reasonable price.

Attachment 223566
    Remember when all you needed was only one suitcase of cash to buy a sear/registered box?
    SudS, SudS and SudS like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surely_you_jest View Post
    Remember when all you needed was only one suitcase of cash to buy a sear/registered box?
    Dan Shea once told me that he bought several hundred Fleming sears in the early 1990s and that no one wanted to buy them. The price you may ask...just $200 a piece!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Dan Shea once told me that he bought several hundred Fleming sears in the early 1990s and that no one wanted to buy them. The price you may ask...just $200 a piece!
    And it seems the seller needed to raise some cash to pay lawyers. Oh, and I bought one of those sears for $375. Would have bought more but I was getting married and they didn't seem like a good short term investment, tax stamps and all.
    Obiefox and Obiefox like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    And it seems the seller needed to raise some cash to pay lawyers. Oh, and I bought one of those sears for $375. Would have bought more but I was getting married and they didn't seem like a good short term investment, tax stamps and all.
    Suds, where did you get onto the idea of buying a sear back in the day? I used to drool over NFA items pre 86 in the old paper copies of Shotgun News, but was in California at that time (and in High School) and there wasn’t anyone I knew who was into the NFA world. Did you consider RR vs sear guns or just bought what got you into F/A at the most reasonable price? Host HKs were around $650 at the time IIRC, did you buy a full package (gun+sear)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post
    Suds, where did you get onto the idea of buying a sear back in the day? I used to drool over NFA items pre 86 in the old paper copies of Shotgun News, but was in California at that time (and in High School) and there wasn’t anyone I knew who was into the NFA world. Did you consider RR vs sear guns or just bought what got you into F/A at the most reasonable price? Host HKs were around $650 at the time IIRC, did you buy a full package (gun+sear)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Time machine. I worked in a gun shop from the mid 80's to mid 90's. I probably owned about two or three pistols. Economy was really bad and I had no money. A couple of the guys who also worked in the shop were LE and were into full auto (the shop was not Class 3). One of these guys in particular was pushing me to buy an MP5, told me they were cool and the prices were going up. He bought his sear gun for around $1,700. I didn't know crap about them, nothing. Most education back then was either word of mouth or Shotgun News. He subscribed to Machine Gun News. After one deal didn't go through, I decided to use the credit card and bought a Vollmer MP5-A3 sear gun with plastic SEF for $2,550 + $10 shipping. Then it began. A year later this guy shows me the Machine Gun News advertisement by Dan Shea advertising sears for $475 ($375 to FFLs). There wasn't this huge distinction between clip on RRs and sears, other than you knew a sear was better because you could move it around. There was no internet and most of the population didn't even know full auto was legal. Most long time gun people didn't know full auto was legal. Gun shows typically would not allow those dirty low life Class 3 dealers to display. Even the SHOT Show for years wouldn't let evil "black guns" to be displayed. The next sear after that cost me $650 and the one after that was about $1k from Vollmer (plus another $1k for his 53 build on my 93). Then there was the $1,100 for the AUG sear (yes, cost more than an HK sear). So there you have it. I was pushed down the rabbit hole by a county police officer. Without him, I wouldn't be wondering where on earth I'm storing all this crap.
    GPSIG, maxfaxdude, illicit and 1 others like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links