MP5/40 HI or LO LP for suppressor use ??

Thread: MP5/40 HI or LO LP for suppressor use ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MP5/40 HI or LO LP for suppressor use ??

Which locking piece do U guys use with a MP5/40 (clone) and 3lug Gemtech Raptor can, do you guys use the HI or LO LP when shooting with the can??
    Thanks in advance. PeterNNH

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterNNH View Post
    Which locking piece do U guys use with a MP5/40 (clone) and 3lug Gemtech Raptor can, do you guys use the HI or LO LP when shooting with the can??
    Thanks in advance. PeterNNH
    Never shot mine with a can. That said, just going from what I think is the safest approach...try it first with a HI and see how well it ejects. If you get solid ejection (rather than dumping cases at your feet), I would go with that.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Buy both. Always start with the HI when you buy different brands of ammo. If gun will not cycle with HI then swap to the LO. I shoot PPU 180grain hollow points when going to the range. I use the LO with that brand.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a Coharie CA89-10mm and. Raptor can. All of my loads are in the 1200 FPS range. If you read the HK manual they reference Ammo based on impulse vs FPS. IIRC years ago I had some anemic factory that was around 1050 FPS which required the Lo LP. If you are using hotter 40 I would start with the Hi LP.

Sponsored Links