Question on MP5 History: Steel Lowers
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By MG34_Dan
  • 1 Post By AGG

Thread: Question on MP5 History: Steel Lowers

  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date : May 2018
    Posts : 95
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Question on MP5 History: Steel Lowers

    So I have been meaning to replace the polymer SF lower on my PTR9CT with something more aesthetic looking. I have a C/P steel SEF lower and parts sitting around That I know I can trim the tang of to fit. My question is did the MP5 ever come out of the HK factory with a steel SEF lower? I would imagine an older gen of mp5's did but cannot find any source outside of some hk94's and sp89's. Which, while metal, were still SF marked.

    I like the metal lowers better than polymer ones for whatever reason but since I can't find evidence of mp5's using this lower I wonder if it would even be "authentic" to have on an mp5 clone. (Yes I know the ptr9ct has lots going on that takes away from the look of an "authentic" MP5. Don't get distracted please and just humor me.)

    This is what I am referencing to for those unsure-
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/94-9...-242p16470.htm

  2. #2
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2001
    Location : Texas
    Posts : 1,183
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Never saw one with metal. Even pix of the Project 64 gun i have seen were polymer or at least looked polymer and were not the HK-94 style.
    Last edited by Renegade; 01-28-2019 at 06:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Member

    Join Date : May 2018
    Posts : 95
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Never saw one with metal. Even pix of the Project 64 gun i have seen were polymer or at least looked polymer and were not the HK-94 style.
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, I was unsure but was hoping someone knew otherwise. Oh well, Guess I'll grab a poly SEF lower then.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Sheepdog in West Texas

    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Location : San Angelo, Tx
    Age : 66
    Posts : 1,248
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Default

    redmax29,

    You should ask this question to AGG - aka Tony - if anyone knows, it will be him

    OH Tony??
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

    "Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

  6. #5
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    MG34_Dan's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2006
    Location : Austin, TX
    Age : 68
    Posts : 683
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    My retro look MP5 setup is wood and steel:



    “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
    — Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

  7. #6
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 30,712
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post
    So I have been meaning to replace the polymer SF lower on my PTR9CT with something more aesthetic looking. I have a C/P steel SEF lower and parts sitting around That I know I can trim the tang of to fit. My question is did the MP5 ever come out of the HK factory with a steel SEF lower? I would imagine an older gen of mp5's did but cannot find any source outside of some hk94's and sp89's. Which, while metal, were still SF marked.

    I like the metal lowers better than polymer ones for whatever reason but since I can't find evidence of mp5's using this lower I wonder if it would even be "authentic" to have on an mp5 clone. (Yes I know the ptr9ct has lots going on that takes away from the look of an "authentic" MP5. Don't get distracted please and just humor me.)

    This is what I am referencing to for those unsure-
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/94-9...-242p16470.htm
    No--- factory production models were all plastic lowers (SEF/0-1-3-F/white- red-1- red-7 bullet pictogram)!!!

    Tony
    redmax29 likes this.

  8. #7
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 30,712
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MG34_Dan View Post
    My retro look MP5 setup is wood and steel:



    Very nice and classic--- "Sturmgewehr-ish"!!!

    Tony

  9. #8
    Member

    Join Date : May 2018
    Posts : 95
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    No--- factory production models were all plastic lowers (SEF/0-1-3-F/white- red-1- red-7 bullet pictogram)!!!

    Tony
    Thanks for the confirmation. Poly SEF it is then!

  10. #9
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 30,712
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. Poly SEF it is then!
    Quite welcome!!!

    Tony

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •