Help with registered sear divorce
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help with registered sear divorce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Help with registered sear divorce

Hello to all. I am new to HK Pro and was hoping someone could help me with a registered sear question. I have been looking at a few "registered" qualified/fleming sears that come in host guns. They are telling me that the host can be separated from the sear by making the host a sbr, but I dont want to get screwed if they cant. What would the form 4 or 3 indicate or not indicate if a registered sear is able to be divorced/separated from a host via sbr? Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

In the block that says Type of Firearm, it would typically say “sear.” If you have little experience with these things and are going to spend $30k+, the safest bet would be to look for something where the form says “sear” and the manufacturer is either Qualified, Fleming, or S&H.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

^^^^^^Good advice^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I have had/seen a few say installed in XYZ gun with serial # xxxxx and have divorced them by registering the gun as a SBR. Some to avoid/look out for are the guns that have a third pin hole with the sear installed those are permanently married to the gun. The ones I have seen were S&H most of the owners were unaware what they owned and thought they could be divorced by SBR'ing the gun. The only legal way I know that those could be divorced would be to destroy/demill the gun and you would be left with the registered sear and a parts kit.
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain View Post
    What would the form 4 or 3 indicate or not indicate if a registered sear is able to be divorced/separated from a host via sbr? Thanks in advance for any advice you have.
    And ck out the Form 4 pic here under Fleming Sears this is typical installed in wording https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...-housings.html

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    In the block that says Type of Firearm, it would typically say “sear.” If you have little experience with these things and are going to spend $30k+, the safest bet would be to look for something where the form says “sear” and the manufacturer is either Qualified, Fleming, or S&H.
    Yea Sear or Machine Gun Sear. The guns that you generally can't be divorced are the JA ciener guns where they registered the receiver and then used a modified trigger pack. The sear/trip or the pack should have been registered but he registered the unmodified receiver of the firearm. The other are some of the Vollmer conversions. He took registered sears married them to the host guns but also converted the host guns to dual push pin. ATF came down on him but permitted the guns that had been sold to be kept. Only way to divorce that is to destroy the host gun as the ATF considers the host to be its own MG.

Most others are going to be registered sears or trigger packs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you guys for the responses. It appears they can be divorced. The form 4 states "sear machine gun" under 4b (type of firearm) and .308/9mm/.223 under 4c "caliber" It has qualified manufacturing as the mfg and hk as the model

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Does the host gun have a barrel less than 16" ?
    Last edited by Tailflash; 02-22-2019 at 07:58 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

If you end up getting it, to save yourself some time, get the whole thing transferred through an 07/02 and have them Form 2 the gun into an SBR and then submit the Form 4s for both the SBR and the sear at the same time. Then you don't have to wait around for the first form 4 to clear, only to then have to file a Form 1.
    Tailflash likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It does have a short barrel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    If you end up getting it, to save yourself some time, get the whole thing transferred through an 07/02 and have them Form 2 the gun into an SBR and then submit the Form 4s for both the SBR and the sear at the same time. Then you don't have to wait around for the first form 4 to clear, only to then have to file a Form 1.
    That would definitely be a lot faster turn around than me doing the sbr after I would acquire it. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links