SP5K Drama
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: SP5K Drama

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default SP5K Drama

At great risk of getting flamed, and BTW, I couldn't care less, this whole deal about the SP5K not being able to accept the "drop-in" paddle mag release is in my opinion, a non-issue.

For years, we sent our 94's and 89's off for conversions and thought nothing of paying more to having paddle mag releases installed.

We would actually have a pleasant surprise when we would learn that there was a "drop-in" paddle mag release for the SP5K. So now that it is not the case, is it really a loss to any long time HK fans?

Unless a sear owner, why would anyone really complain that their SP5K doesn't have a paddle mag release? I mean you have this $2.5k+ pistol and you are really upside down because you can't have a paddle magazine release without spending a couple of hundred dollars

I don't get it.....
    Semper Fi!
    91A2/93A2 & Gemtech Predator/94A3 (RDTS MP5SD)/94A3 (IGF MP5) & Gemtech Raptor/SP5K/SP89/SP89 (IGF MP5K-N) & Gemtech MK-9K
    270/300/770/USC (Grey) & AAC Ti-Rant/SL8-1 (Grey)
    USP40/VP70Z/P7K3/P7M8/P7M13/HK4(H&R Comm)
    Coharie CA89K .40 S&W/Vector V51(PTR)/Vector V53/Vector V89 .40 S&W & Gemtech Raptor-40/Vector V93/Vector V93(thinking about a 33K:)/PCS 51K .22lr
    MP5/HK33/HK93/G3/HK91/V51 .22 Conversion Kit(s)
    Fleming Sear in 4 position 3 round burst pack

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I would think because there was no reason to change it. Why make something more complicated that you know your customers are going to do. If HK added the paddle release people would be happy instead of ticked off.
    sabre675 and Zombiehunter like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
    I would think because there was no reason to change it.
    Exactly . Do you think a 3 letter agency might have noticed on this site how easy it is to modfiy the original factory version to do several things ? I have no desire to own a SP5K because I don't own a auto sear . It's a boat anchor to me . You folks might want to NOT talk about these things on a public forum , just a thought . BTW , the new factory version is just an alloy of carbon steel and could be modified with a drill in about 15 minutes .
    caf82313, sabre675 and SWestie like this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I am glad to have the Sp5k, and I really don’t care about the blocking piece in the receiver. My first one got the drop in release; should I decide to do something with the NIB gun I’ll either cut it out myself, or pay a Hk Smith to whack it out if thats what it takes. Lord knows I’ve paid quite a few Hk Smiths a couple hundred bucks at a time to put in a paddle mag release. It’s the cost of playing in this arena. The fact that the new ones have the blocking piece is just something you have to deal with. No point complaining, but if it makes you feel better have at it.
    *Thread Drift*
    What really surprises me is the number of people [email protected]$ing about the costs of anything for the Hk platform. It’s labor intense, expensive to produce, and top notch stuff considering it’s old skool technology. I almost feel like a moderator may want to send them a PM letting them know that we already know this stuff is expensive. Im almost embarrassed for them since they obviously have no idea what they are talking about. I’m not a rich guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I’ve lost count of the times I’ve read, or heard someone complaining about the prices here and on youtube. If someone was complaining about the cost of a Mercedes you’d think someone would point out they have other choices in what to drive. Just because you think it should be cheaper is really irrelevant. It’s a free country, so if you think you can do it better go build a factory. I’ll be happy to sell you a compressed air system for your multimillion dollar facility.
    SWestie and WreckDvr like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by viriceman View Post
    At great risk of getting flamed, and BTW, I couldn't care less, this whole deal about the SP5K not being able to accept the "drop-in" paddle mag release is in my opinion, a non-issue.

For years, we sent our 94's and 89's off for conversions and thought nothing of paying more to having paddle mag releases installed.

We would actually have a pleasant surprise when we would learn that there was a "drop-in" paddle mag release for the SP5K. So now that it is not the case, is it really a loss to any long time HK fans?

Unless a sear owner, why would anyone really complain that their SP5K doesn't have a paddle mag release? I mean you have this $2.5k+ pistol and you are really upside down because you can't have a paddle magazine release without spending a couple of hundred dollars

I don't get it.....
    The drama is that it’s an incremental increase in the cost of the gun for either time or labor to get a complete package. Frankly I don’t know why people buy more quality clones instead of converting sp5ks, I saved at least $1k getting my clone sear host made from ghilliebear. I didn’t have to go out of my way to buy C&P SEF lower for my sear pack nor did I have to worry if it was full auto ready plus it had the paddle. Works as good as any all German mp5k I’ve ever fired
    Last edited by TheColtCollector; 03-10-2019 at 12:27 AM.
    sabre675 likes this.
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    PCS 53
    PCS 33k
    Omega mp5
    Omega SD-k
    Black Ops Defense mp5

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post
    Exactly . Do you think a 3 letter agency might have noticed on this site how easy it is to modfiy the original factory version to do several things ? I have no desire to own a SP5K because I don't own a auto sear . It's a boat anchor to me . You folks might want to NOT talk about these things on a public forum , just a thought . BTW , the new factory version is just an alloy of carbon steel and could be modified with a drill in about 15 minutes .
    No, I honestly believe the ATF doesn’t give a darn. They have a points system and if the pistol meets the points as defined in the regs it is available for importation. I’ve been in FED LE for 20+ years and “our” concern about things has always been overhyped. Personally, I would pay a smith or remove it myself, but I still wonder why the change was made. It certainly wouldn’t stop me from making the purchase.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

"Amat victoria curam"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I don't think I will own due to the price they are as much as MR556.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

This is the first I’m hearing of changes to recent SP5K imports. I don’t see any other discussions here on Pro. Can anyone provide a link that has photos?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links