TPM SD Silencers
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HkCHUCK

Thread: TPM SD Silencers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default TPM SD Silencers

I really like TPM SD silencers (shorty and full size). They are well built, reasonably priced, and can be disassembled for cleaning.
    Do people put any thread locker compound on the threads of the rear cap to prevent it unscrewing and staying on the barrel of MP5 SD while taking the silencer out?
    If so, what specific thread locker, Loctite blue, anything else?
    Please share your experience.
    Last edited by JackO; 03-20-2019 at 05:12 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

No thread locker. Frankly, from previous posts about how hard it is to unscrew the suppressor after shooting it, I don't think
    one would need it. What you need is anti-seize so that you can remove it when you are done shooting. And, if you want to take
    the front cap off put some there, too.
    caf82313 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do use anti-seize on the barrel threads. But I'm really concerned that back cap of the silencer may stay on the barrel if it will unthread from the silencer tube, and it will be very difficult, if possible at all, to get it out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JackO View Post
    I do use anti-seize on the barrel threads. But I'm really concerned that back cap of the silencer may stay on the barrel if it will unthread from the silencer tube, and it will be very difficult, if possible at all, to get it out.
    I understand, I had the same problem with the short SD suppressor that TPM makes but I think it happened because I did not use
    anti-seize on the end cap. As much as I am whole heartedly in support of anti-seize, I took the SD to the range in my enthusiasm without
    using it.

Sure enough when I went to take it off, the tube unscrewed but the end cap stayed behind attached to the barrel.
    Another person on the board had the same problem and I followed his suggestion and it worked. His suggestion was
    to hold the weapon muzzle pointed to the ground and tighten the suppressor tube to the end cap. The first time I tried it
    I did not tighten it as tight as I could. Did not work as the tube came off without the rear cap. So, I tighten it again this time
    with more force and it worked - the end cap came off with the tube. I was relieved, cleaned the can and used anti-seize when
    I put it back together. Haven't shot it since but maybe now I will just to see how it comes apart now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chuck, thanks for your replies. Do you use anti-seize just on the thread, or are you also lubricating the flat surface of the rear cap, the one that contacts rubber O-ring?
    Last edited by JackO; 03-20-2019 at 07:01 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JackO View Post
    Chuck, thanks for your replies. Do you use anti-seize just on the thread, or are you also lubricating the flat surface of the rear cap, the one that contacts rubber O-ring?
    While I brought several SD suppressors with me to Florida for the winter I left the stubby one up North so I can't look to be sure
    but I am pretty sure I would coat any surface that could stick together with anti-seize. The flat surface between the end of the tube
    and the cap would get a light coating.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Anti seize all my thread on cans. Just habit or I just enjoy how it ends up everywhere..
    HK's make me smile!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Don't muscle it on. It just needs to be snug to the O-ring.

Sponsored Links