What Makes a RR Double Push Pin Full Auto?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What Makes a RR Double Push Pin Full Auto?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What Makes a RR Double Push Pin Full Auto?

I apologize for the question i'm about to ask in advance because i feel the answer is out there if i looked harder, but i'm not really able to find what i'm looking for.
    So i'm hopping someone can explain this to me..

What makes a Double Push Pin RR Full auto? Like if i have a Double Push Pin RR i could simply buy this, no? https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckle.../hk-242932.htm

But my question is, does this lower that i linked above come with a sear inside it? or Do RR Double Push Pins not use sears? What makes them full auto if not a sear? I know this is an easy question, but i am a complete novice, so i apologize.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well you can't buy that specific one because it isn't in stock ... but yes with a registered receiver that has a factory push pin trigger group you can swap between SEF/Navy/Burst/etc factory trigger groups by pulling the 2 pins out, dropping the current trigger group, popping the other group in and sticking the pins back in. The factory trigger group you linked to is complete with all the full auto fire control parts and grip housing.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowb1rd View Post
    I apologize for the question i'm about to ask in advance because i feel the answer is out there if i looked harder, but i'm not really able to find what i'm looking for.
    So i'm hopping someone can explain this to me..

What makes a Double Push Pin RR Full auto? Like if i have a Double Push Pin RR i could simply buy this, no? https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckle.../hk-242932.htm

But my question is, does this lower that i linked above come with a sear inside it? or Do RR Double Push Pins not use sears? What makes them full auto if not a sear? I know this is an easy question, but i am a complete novice, so i apologize.

Thanks!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Not sure exactly what you are asking. Just by itself, a double pushpin RR is not full auto. What makes a gun actually capable of full auto fire is the internals, such as the sear in the trigger pack and a full auto carrier. Legally, a double pushpin RR is CONSIDERED a machine gun because it lacks the modifications required by the ATF to prevent the direct installation of full auto components. In other words, you could just put a factory lower with a sear on it and a full auto carrier in it, and go full auto without any modifications whatsoever. Semi-auto receivers have modifications, such as a shelf and deletion of the front pushpin hole to prevent attachment of an unmodified factory lower (HK factory guns) or a block in the receiver to prevent installation of a full auto carrier (Zenith). Functionally, factory full autos, RR full autos, and legally converted semi-autos work the same.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    Not sure exactly what you are asking. Just by itself, a double pushpin RR is not full auto. What makes a gun actually capable of full auto fire is the internals, such as the sear in the trigger pack and a full auto carrier. Legally, a double pushpin RR is CONSIDERED a machine gun because it lacks the modifications required by the ATF to prevent the direct installation of full auto components. In other words, you could just put a factory lower with a sear on it and a full auto carrier in it, and go full auto without any modifications whatsoever. Semi-auto receivers have modifications, such as a shelf and deletion of the front pushpin hole to prevent attachment of an unmodified factory lower (HK factory guns) or a block in the receiver to prevent installation of a full auto carrier (Zenith). Functionally, factory full autos, RR full autos, and legally converted semi-autos work the same.

Sorry for making it confusing, I guess what I’m getting at is... Is if this double push pin RR https://dealernfa.com/shop/mp5-doubl...ing-dyer-6728/ Is fully automatic? Or would I be paying 38k for the double push pin and would need to pay another 30k for a registered sear in order to make the gun fully automatic? Or does the Gun I linked have a sear built into the lower receiver? Sorry for making stuff confusing, I’m just super confused myself..

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It's a machinegun.
    rickj1nd likes this.
    “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
    — Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mellowb1rd View Post
    Sorry for making it confusing, I guess what I’m getting at is... Is if this double push pin RR https://dealernfa.com/shop/mp5-doubl...ing-dyer-6728/ Is fully automatic? Or would I be paying 38k for the double push pin and would need to pay another 30k for a registered sear in order to make the gun fully automatic?
    Lets break this waaayy down... Any transferrable PPRR is capable of select fire and is "fully automatic". It is, for all intense purposes, identical to the factory MP5 sub-machinegun. It utilizes all factory trigger group and bolt carrier parts to accomplish this. There is no need to worry about or purchase any additional "conversion" parts to make this happen. Even if you found a PPRR devoid of any other parts, all you would need to do is purchase readily available bolt groups and trigger groups (like the one you linked to) and you would be good to go, with no other NFA considerations.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG34_Dan View Post
    It's a machinegun.
    Lol... Perhaps I should have just typed that instead!!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rickj1nd View Post
    Lol... Perhaps I should have just typed that instead!!
    I'm a simple person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lets break this waaayy down... Any transferrable PPRR is capable of select fire and is "fully automatic". It is, for all intense purposes, identical to the factory MP5 sub-machinegun. It utilizes all factory trigger group and bolt carrier parts to accomplish this. There is no need to worry about or purchase any additional "conversion" parts to make this happen. Even if you found a PPRR devoid of any other parts, all you would need to do is purchase readily available bolt groups and trigger groups (like the one you linked to) and you would be good to go, with no other NFA considerations.

Ohhh, ok! This helps a lot. I was really confused thinking i'd need to spend another 30k for a sear for a min there.. haha. Glad that's not the case, thanks for clearing some stuff up for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I despise internet grammar Nazis but I just can't let this one go. Please consider using "for all intents and purposes" in the future. Don't take your command of the English language for granite...

It is, for all intense purposes, identical to the factory MP5 sub-machinegun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links