Looking to dabble in full auto. What type of sear or trigger pack to buy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Looking to dabble in full auto. What type of sear or trigger pack to buy?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    Sears are not registered for caliber, and it is not a factor in buying a registered sear or pack. At one point, it seemed to be a thing, but it is no longer a thing.
    Yeah... its been back and forth like everything else. On my first registered frame's Form 4 caliber designation, they rejected "N/A" with a letter stating I had to list one and that "Multiple", "N/A", etc, were not acceptable. Now its swung the other way. I love comparing NFA forms to see how their continued nonsensical rule changes evolve.
    caf82313 likes this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwesi View Post
    Neal Smith’s Registered Trigger Housing which is similar to the DLO but IIRC has an added advantage on how the housing is cut.
    The only Neil Smith registered pack I had in hand looked to be a semi pack that had been converted to F/A by re-welding the front portion of the pack and drilling a hole for the sear/catch.
    caf82313 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwesi View Post
    Neal Smith’s Registered Trigger Housing which is similar to the DLO but IIRC has an added advantage on how the housing is cut.
    Curious as to what Advantage you think there might be over an all German DLO Pack?
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    There is no such thing as dabble in full auto.

FULL AUTO IS ALL IN!
    agreed

Here is one on gun broker for $32000.00
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/805236181
    and another for $33000.00
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/804145547
    and yet another for $34000.00
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/804815498

Not associated with any of them, just trying to help a fellow newbie out

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have both a DLO trigger pack and a Fleming sear in pack. DLO packs are great because they take all factory HK parts and no need for gunsmithing. Originally set up in SEF configuration only (no burst option unless modified by owner to fit burst pack internals) they are hard to find because few were made. However, one seems to pop up every 6 months or so. As such, except to pay a premium. Fleming/Qualified/S&H sears use a proprietary "sear" and geometry which is not to HK factory specs but can be "timed" by a gunsmith to operate just like a factory machinegun and can also be used in burst packs. Thousands of sears exist, so they are common place and slightly less costly than DLO packs.

For other options visit this link:https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...-housings.html
    Anopstyx and caf82313 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FULL AUTO IS ALL IN!
    To be fair, one can be considered to be dabbling in FA when buying a MAC, Sten, Reising, etc but when one's buying an HK sear/pack as their 1st FA that's clearly pushing all in.
    rhouston8 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ca: as rick stated above I believe the advantage is the ability to move it to a semi gun setup but I may be mistaken.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Personally I'd get a sear from fleming, qualified, or s&h and run it in am ambi pack, ideally burst due to the comments below. Get the pack setup by someone who knows what they are doing(TSC did mine) and make sure they modified the hammer if its setup for burst, some had shelfs welded to the sears. You can go with a dlo box or something but honestly I wouldn't spend the extra money on it. I'd avoid some of the others like the ciener packs that the sear/trip lever are the same piece as they can't really be converted to burst. Depending on some of those conversions the pack might need to stay with the housing as it has the info engraved on it.

FULL AUTO IS ALL IN!
    I could see someone dabbling by starting with a sten or mac and then deciding to step up and buy a hk sear/pack or a m16. Starting with the sear/hk pack though? Yea not a dabble.

Quote Originally Posted by AKR* View Post
    Get a registered sear as noted. Most versital IMHO as in addition to switching calibers by changing the ejector (just keep a correctly timed rifle hammer / spring set up in the pack) you can even switch between packs etc. I personally think burst is just for show as HKs, particularly in 9mm, are very controllable in full auto with even only a little practice.
    I disagree. Burst is really good for starting someone out on a full auto gun. You let them shoot a shot or two in semi, switch to 3rd burst to get a better feel for the gun and then let them throw it in full auto. I've watched way too many people walk full auto guns up berms. Hell I watched someone do it Saturday with a m11/9 with a lage upper and that shoots slower than a mp5 and really isn't bad(mp5 shoots smoother). I've seen people walk mp5s as well(although mostly newer shooters).

Now if you are shooting a 308 the burst can really help someone new.

I shoot my mg's on private as in membership ranges mostly but will let whoever is around shoot them if they want. Having a burst setting to get them started is far better than trying to tell them to let off the trigger quick the first time or two until they get used to it.
    Last edited by ccosby; 04-02-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

DLO Factory German
    Only way to go you wont regret!!! If your Slumming or from the Poors git urself wanna Dem Seers

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    DLO Factory German
    Only way to go you wont regret!!! If your Slumming or from the Poors git urself wanna Dem Seers
    Yep... And then take that trigger frame you just spent $17,500 on (ahh, the good old days) and send it on its merry way to get converted to Ambi! I'm telling ya... those were some of the most nerve-wracking weeks of my life. Turned out great in the end and the prices just keep climbing. Don't regret a thing!
    caf82313 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links