Looking to dabble in full auto. What type of sear or trigger pack to buy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Looking to dabble in full auto. What type of sear or trigger pack to buy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    I disagree. Burst is really good for starting someone out on a full auto gun. You let them shoot a shot or two in semi, switch to 3rd burst to get a better feel for the gun and then let them throw it in full auto. I've watched way too many people walk full auto guns up berms. Hell I watched someone do it Saturday with a m11/9 with a lage upper and that shoots slower than a mp5 and really isn't bad(mp5 shoots smoother). I've seen people walk mp5s as well(although mostly newer shooters).

Now if you are shooting a 308 the burst can really help someone new.

I shoot my mg's on private as in membership ranges mostly but will let whoever is around shoot them if they want. Having a burst setting to get them started is far better than trying to tell them to let off the trigger quick the first time or two until they get used to it.
    I can see what you are saying and yes, .308 is a different animal. I have personally found that a little instruction to be a fine substitute for 3rd burst in most applications. Then again I do not hand mgs to random people at the range without giving them some pointers. That said, I got my second taste of full auto years ago when someone did exactly as you did for me by just handing me an AK and i admit it was a very nice gesture and a lot of fun for sure!
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AKR* View Post
    I can see what you are saying and yes, .308 is a different animal. I have personally found that a little instruction to be a fine substitute for 3rd burst in most applications. Then again I do not hand mgs to random people at the range without giving them some pointers. That said, I got my second taste of full auto years ago when someone did exactly as you did for me by just handing me an AK and i admit it was a very nice gesture and a lot of fun for sure!
    We'll give them instruction, just some people don't register the take the finger off the trigger once it starts firing.

Usually I just load like 5 or 6 rounds into a mag and tell someone to take a shot or two in semi then switch it over. That way if they start to walk the gun its running out right away anyway. Burst mode is a good alternative.

As long as people are friendly I'll let them shoot my stuff, most don't even know you can own full auto and I want more people in the mindset that we should be able too. Its worth saying too I mostly shoot at private outdoor ranges where I've found that as a general rule we are dealing with more responsible gun owners than the idiots at the public indoor ranges.
    rhouston8 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walruskid74 View Post
    I'm looking to make a purchase in full auto and wonder what would be best to purchase that I can use in my two .308 rifles and my 9mm clone.
    I'm guessing that this post was accidentally made two days early. Clearly anyone "looking to dabble in full auto" meant to post on April 1st.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I jumped all in with a DLO in a .308 HK91 and I love it. I chose the DLO for the parts interchangeability and how easy it is to move it from host to host. The biggest question I would ask the OP is with the amount you're going to spend on any HK machinegun, do you want to just dabble, or do you want to do the research to narrow your desires down to make a good informed decision that you'll keep for a lifetime?
    caf82313 likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    You let them shoot a shot or two in semi, switch to 3rd burst to get a better feel for the gun and then let them throw it in full auto. I've watched way too many people walk full auto guns up berms.
    I just start them with a mag that has three rounds in it. If they don't screw that up, they get a mag with five rounds in it.

I just saved someone a few thousand dollars with that tip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry I used the word "dabble". I guess 30k plus isn't a dabble.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links