Double TenROUBLE - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Double TenROUBLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Damnit. Every time I think I'm close to being done with sear hosts another one pops up. *sigh*. I hate you some days Mike. LOL.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Brought to our shores originally for the FBI. These were NICE subguns...but with the "availability" of several different loads made for the FBI 10mm, they had cycling issues with different types of ammo. Thus the "fix" were three different locking pieces, engraved one marked 26 was pretty rare and HK substituted the 90 deg "LO 24" marked piece. The other was marked "HI 25."
    I worked on several of them back in the day. Raleigh PD had some and so did NC Central Prison system. Some of them I worked on had used the wrong ammo with the wrong locking piece which caused them to over cycle and produced a "dent" at the back of the receiver that when it got big enough would cause a stoppage. Fairly simple one time fix. But, the different ammo specs over time seemed to cause more problems than they were worth. And I think Raleigh went to .45 caliber and traded in all their 10mm weapons. I don't remember where they went, I was hoping to get some or all of them at the time. Same with the FBI weapons. I was told that (like too many other tax payer supplied) Govt weapons they were all destroyed except for a couple of museum pieces.
    Like to original post says with the correct ammo and locking pieces they were the cat's meow for subguns!!!
    I did run across a half dozen .40s a few years ago...some, maybe all, became 10mm conversions. Haven't seen or heard of either now for some time.
    FWIW: phil

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Haven't any thoughts of 10 in a subgun, but I did up 2 of those receivers in 7.62x25 and 22 TCM... You need the larger receiver for the longer cartridge length.
    waylon43 likes this.
    45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

Auf gebeginning to fixin der gun mit grosse busen of der schpritzin lubrication allen over derfukin platz, mit das squirtin and squeezin oil in allen fukinholes.
    Ja, und racken und strokin das bolt as if gecrazygoing, yanken dat handle bak und forth, zwei hunnert times, ja?
    Ist neue, und its needing some brekkin in.
    Zo, BREKKIN ZEFUKIN THING IN!

Certified MM leghumper...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Double TenROUBLE-30695bb4-dc0e-427b-8024-cb4f516cc3f0.jpeg

You are exactly right. 10mm is the way to go. You just need a k model to go with the full size gun.
    Last edited by ybnqskp; 04-07-2019 at 04:31 AM.
    Brad4065 and Anopstyx like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Phil: I’ve read the HK manuals where it discusses the impulse of the various loads of the day. It’s been my experience , with my own loads, that chrono 1175-1250 to all cycle fine with the Hi LP. Any thoughts?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

I believe I have some of the original truly hot 10mm rounds, Norma being one of those brands. Several others were also so hot, handguns of the day beat themselves to death. Jim Schatz often spoke fondly of Winchester Silvertip in the MP5/10.
    Last edited by SudS; 04-08-2019 at 01:38 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Suds: Jim was such a blessing to our forum! Did he state which LP for the Silvertips?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwesi View Post
    Suds: Jim was such a blessing to our forum! Did he state which LP for the Silvertips?
    I don’t recall specifically, but he did talk like the Silvertips were some of the more potent rounds; whether that translates to “high energy” I don’t know. He did discuss locking pieces in detail. I do recall several comments about placing something at the back inside plate of the buttstock to check for contact from the bolt carrier. We also discussed choosing a LP based on case ejection. I believe he was in agreement that you should start with a HI LP and check ejection. If you get reliable ejection, tossing the cases at least a couple yards, then stick with that. If ejection is weak and drops near your feet, you should probably move to one of the other LPs.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Suds: I primarily use either an A2 stock or a side folder made by Blackthorne. Each have thick rubber buffers with do show signs of a beating.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwesi View Post
    Suds: I primarily use either an A2 stock or a side folder made by Blackthorne. Each have thick rubber buffers with do show signs of a beating.
    The A2 has a rubber buffer? You using an older 93 buttstock?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links