Can someone educate me on how this works legally and physically? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can someone educate me on how this works legally and physically?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

TaylorWSO, you bring up another thing that doesn't make sense to me... If that slot in the bolt carrier is needed for the gun to be not full auto in the ATF's eyes, how in the world can you have a host gun and just move a registered sear from gun to gun? Wouldn't all unregistered host guns need to have the bolt carrier modified with the slot cut in it and then the host gun wouldn't function at all with a registered sear pack in it? What am I missing here?
    He who walks unarmed into paradise had better be sure that is where he is.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HollowPoint View Post
    TaylorWSO, you bring up another thing that doesn't make sense to me... If that slot in the bolt carrier is needed for the gun to be not full auto in the ATF's eyes, how in the world can you have a host gun and just move a registered sear from gun to gun? Wouldn't all unregistered host guns need to have the bolt carrier modified with the slot cut in it and then the host gun wouldn't function at all with a registered sear pack in it? What am I missing here?
    It is the shelf on the magwell that makes it a semi gun. Doesn’t matter what the carrier is. Can both be in place to be “extra-semi”? Sure. But you can run an FA carrier in a semi gun just like an FA BCG in an AR15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01 / 03

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Other way around. A semi-auto carrier has either a milled down section (or built that way from the start) that will not engage a sear trip. A full auto carrier still has that material for that engagement. However, putting a full auto carrier in a semi-auto gun doesn't make it full auto. There is no sear trip, so it doesn't change anything. Only when you install a full auto trigger pack, that does have a sear trip.

Item 21 on the exploded diagram shows the trip that I am talking about. That doesn't exist in a semi pack.

The bottom of the carrier difference:

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I REALLY appreciate all of the information gentlemen. For us novices, its hard to keep track of all of this stuff. The guns are simple compared to the law! :) One last question and then I promise I will let this thread die. A youtuber had an MP5K non-NFA pistol. It had no vertical fore grip and no stock. He then puts a registered sear in the gun. After the trigger pack went in he puts a stock and vertical grip on the gun as he claims that is legal only after the sear is in the gun. Is this correct. Can you put a registered sear into any host gun and then turn said host gun into a legal SBR at will. And then convert it back to a non-SBR by removing the furniture and then the sear?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

100% legal. The assembled firearm is a machine gun under NFA purview and you can do anything you want to it.

I REALLY appreciate all of the information gentlemen. For us novices, its hard to keep track of all of this stuff. The guns are simple compared to the law! :) One last question and then I promise I will let this thread die. A youtuber had an MP5K non-NFA pistol. It had no vertical fore grip and no stock. He then puts a registered sear in the gun. After the trigger pack went in he puts a stock and vertical grip on the gun as he claims that is legal only after the sear is in the gun. Is this correct. Can you put a registered sear into any host gun and then turn said host gun into a legal SBR at will. And then convert it back to a non-SBR by removing the furniture and then the sear?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Machine gun trumps SBR. With a registered sear in it, barrel length doesn’t matter. When you take the sear out of the host, you either have to revert the host to a pistol, or the host has to be registered as a SBR on its own.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    Machine gun trumps SBR. With a registered sear in it, barrel length doesn’t matter. When you take the sear out of the host, you either have to revert the host to a pistol, or the host has to be registered as a SBR on its own.
    Sounds like a bureaucrat thought of that. :)

Thank you for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same thing DLO did pre-HR4332, for his registered trigger boxes. The sear axle remains unmoved in this modification, as opposed to the semi-auto pack used with a transferable sear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links