One last question.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: One last question..

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mellowb1rd View Post
    Hope i'm not annoying anyone on this board with my novice questions, but after asking tons of various questions on other boards about the Mp5 i think i'm about to understand everything i basically need to know for my first purchase..

The one last thing i THINK i understand but just a tad bit foggy on is..

A clip on with the welded shelf RR is the lower part of the gun that's registered ((The plastic housing with the trigger box)), right? Not the stamped sheet metal upper, right? So the part that's registered is the trigger box with a married sear, correct? While the registered part of the double push pin is the stamped sheet metal ((upper)) part with the hole next to the mag well, right? I guess why it's so confusing to me is because they're both called RR's and no one ever specifies if it's the lower part of the RR or the upper stamped sheet metal RR.

I have no clue why this has been this hardest thing for me to wrap my head around. i know it's simple, but due to other false information from other sites/boards it has set me back a couple steps in trying to understand what i need to know.
    Not to be an AHole, but the best advice I can give you is use this forum and the topics listed at the top. Once you have completed that research, then read the NFA section past threads. Search the threads for years back reading interesting topics. After that, google your questions and you will find many examples. Honestly, there is no short cut to this hobby. The best way to learn is read the many past threads, watch post and ask questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4C Dragon View Post
    Not to be an AHole, but the best advice I can give you is use this forum and the topics listed at the top. Once you have completed that research, then read the NFA section past threads. Search the threads for years back reading interesting topics. After that, google your questions and you will find many examples. Honestly, there is no short cut to this hobby. The best way to learn is read the many past threads, watch post and ask questions.

Haha, you aren't being an AHole at all. This has hands down been the nicest site i've been too. I have damn near been crucified on other sites such as Reddit for asking novice questions. And i do plan on giving those links that AGG linked a read (And other long articles people have linked) My only issues is that i have an extremely hard time focusing on long articles so i try to find shortcuts to information. I do however have a hard time finding threads making perfect sense, so i end up making threads to suit my own understanding.

I agree through, there isn't really a shortcut to this hobby. So much to process, so it takes a little time for sure.
    Last edited by mellowb1rd; 04-12-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

HK MG ownership is one of the more complex of all the MGs out there. Best thing to do is figure out what you want now and in the future if possible. If you only want the one full size MP5 in 9mm and that is all then sure the RR would not be a terrible route. Others have been quite happy in this approach with their G3s or others. For many of us we want as much flexibility as we can get out of it. Once you know what you want the answer on what to look for and get will present itself.
    HK KI MARK 23
    HK KI USP45 Tactical
    HK BG USP9 Tactical
    HK BG 45 Tactical
    HK BG VP9 Tactical
    HK BG VP9
    HK BG P30
    HK BG P30SK
    HK BG SP5K(MP5K-N)
    TPM MP5F
    TPM P5SD
    MM 23E
    MM 23EK
    MM G36C
    MM G36K
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I completely understand the desire to want an MP5 as close to factory as possible, I have been there myself, but once you really take into account the modularity of a registered sear, I think you will agree it is the way to go unless money really is of no concern whatsoever. My $0.02.
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Best advice I ever got was early-on as a newbie MG collector. I was advised to pass-over the RR's and get a DLO trigger box. Now, every type of HK host is an option, 9mm, 223/556 and 308/7.62, including the 7.62x39 (like a PTR 32/32K) and belt-feds, like the 51B and 21/23e. All the internal parts for the registered trigger box are easily obtainable, and original configuration. Alternatively, a registered sear in a modified trigger box is a slightly different animal. The only issues with the sear-pack is the need for a retimed hammer, and the altered geometry due to relocating the sear axle. Trigger boxes only come-up rarely, but I'd save my cash, lie in the grass like a hungry big cat and strike quick when one pops it head-up. Oh, and take your time reading the Tom Hoel article on HK conversions. It may seem confusing at first, but eventually it all makes sense. I re-read the whole article at least yearly, just in case my brain has gotten soft from all the primer fumes shooting all those HK hosts in FA. Enjoy the journey...but make smart, well-thought out choices. Knowledge is king in this hobby.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mellowbird,

A couple things to consider before buying. There's kinda a fork in the road and you must pick one as the primary route. Here ya go. Road #1 = you are primarily a collector. You want "as close to factory guns as possible". The "real " deal. This these days IMO generally means you are less of a shooter and mor eof a collector of rare and valuable baubles. Fine guns that stay in safes or on walls and shown to friends and bragged about...and lovingly cleaned after gentle range session. This might be your only HK MG or it might become many if you have VERY deep pockets. These are double pushpin swing down lower registered receiver guns. They cost about the same or less than sear-guns but are one trick ponies. One gun, cant move the full auto part around to other hosts. But a fine pretty gun it is at say $30k-$40k 'ish.

Road #2: you are primarily a shooter OR you'd like to eventually own several HK MGs which can all be used in full auto legally but you cant afford to spend $35k for each and every one. In this case you buy either a registered HK sear or a registered pack like a DLO pack. Then you can add that pack/sear to ANY compatible semi HK factory host or clone build host you like...and shoot the ever living snot out of them bc after all the majority of the value resides in the ONE $30k sear you are moving about the $1.5k - $6k semi host guns ( well the beltfed hosts will run 2x that but you get my drift).

You must decide which road you will take. Before you buy. Don't buy that "as close to factory " MP5 reg. receiver gun for $40k and later think "I really would like several HK type machine guns but dont have the cash around to buy all of them".

I personally am a host whore. I have no scruples as surely you can tell by now. I like guns to shoot FA reliably. I shoot a lot. I own dozens of hosts for my sears. Dozens ...from the MP5k up to MM21E. Many of my guns are beaters....I dont even clean them anymore after shooting gobs of reloaded ammo thru them. My factory HK semi hosts sit in the safe while my clones go to the range and get whaled upon.

So...what kind of man are you? #1 or #2....or a tranny hybrid type who is loaded to the gills and shooting the piss out of a bunch of double push pin swing down lower reg. rec. guns????
    mattnh, Speeddemon02 and Brad4065 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    Mellowbird,

A couple things to consider before buying. There's kinda a fork in the road and you must pick one as the primary route. Here ya go. Road #1 = you are primarily a collector. You want "as close to factory guns as possible". The "real " deal. This these days IMO generally means you are less of a shooter and mor eof a collector of rare and valuable baubles. Fine guns that stay in safes or on walls and shown to friends and bragged about...and lovingly cleaned after gentle range session. This might be your only HK MG or it might become many if you have VERY deep pockets. These are double pushpin swing down lower registered receiver guns. They cost about the same or less than sear-guns but are one trick ponies. One gun, cant move the full auto part around to other hosts. But a fine pretty gun it is at say $30k-$40k 'ish.

Road #2: you are primarily a shooter OR you'd like to eventually own several HK MGs which can all be used in full auto legally but you cant afford to spend $35k for each and every one. In this case you buy either a registered HK sear or a registered pack like a DLO pack. Then you can add that pack/sear to ANY compatible semi HK factory host or clone build host you like...and shoot the ever living snot out of them bc after all the majority of the value resides in the ONE $30k sear you are moving about the $1.5k - $6k semi host guns ( well the beltfed hosts will run 2x that but you get my drift).

You must decide which road you will take. Before you buy. Don't buy that "as close to factory " MP5 reg. receiver gun for $40k and later think "I really would like several HK type machine guns but dont have the cash around to buy all of them".

I personally am a host whore. I have no scruples as surely you can tell by now. I like guns to shoot FA reliably. I shoot a lot. I own dozens of hosts for my sears. Dozens ...from the MP5k up to MM21E. Many of my guns are beaters....I dont even clean them anymore after shooting gobs of reloaded ammo thru them. My factory HK semi hosts sit in the safe while my clones go to the range and get whaled upon.

So...what kind of man are you? #1 or #2....or a tranny hybrid type who is loaded to the gills and shooting the piss out of a bunch of double push pin swing down lower reg. rec. guns????
    LOL, yeah, that about sums it up...
    Def will cost you less time and money to make the decision up front.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mellowbird,

What he said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HH,

.... you said .... "I personally am a host whore. I have no scruples as surely you can tell by now".....

Yeah, my HK hosts pretty much stay in the vault, except for the Vollmer MP5K, and my Vector's, Turner's, SW's get the crap shot out of them.

I couldn't have said it better myself....you're killing me, man.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Mellowbird,

LOL!!!!!

What^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Said. Be a "host whore".....there's no shame......I promise. He ^^^ and I are of the same nature.

And FWIW.....your friends won't even know the difference between HK or clone.....they'll just be of the notion, "holly sh$t!!!!! I just shot a full auto MP5 9mm, 10mm, 40mm, etc.,...…."

Good luck.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links