Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

PM to you undertoe
    undertoe likes this.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, Undertoe you were able to open your gas block to 1.6mm and get normal function with your gas block? Has anyone else been able to get these adjustable gas blocks to run reliably on a 10.4” barrel?

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MakGunTech View Post
    So, Undertoe you were able to open your gas block to 1.6mm and get normal function with your gas block? Has anyone else been able to get these adjustable gas blocks to run reliably on a 10.4” barrel?
    Test fired fine with mine. Will run some more ammo through when I get a chance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What buffer and spring combination are y’all having success with? I don’t have an Hk buffer yet but I do have an HK 416 recoil spring. Using an H2 buffer with the HK spring I’ve had issues, but with a standard carbine spring and H2 buffer it seemed to be okay. I only had 30 rounds to test with (I came prepared for a plug an play scenario). I’ve got more ammo and I’m heading to the range now, will hopefully have more info shortly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 416 10.4" and Adjustable Gas Block

30 rounds into the range test and I have something to report. No malfunctions using standard carbine spring and H2 buffer. However, my brass is ejected rearward, about 5 o’clock and five to six feet away. That feels like a sign of an “under-gassed” system to me, am I reading too much in? It will also run in the “suppressed” setting with no change in ejection pattern (still without a suppressor).

Edit to add: It seems that with the standard carbine spring, and H2 buffer, the last round bolt hold open only works 100% of the time while in the “open“ or “unsuppressed“ setting. The gun will cycle and feed the next round out of the magazine while the gas block is set to “closed“ or “suppressed”, but will only actuate the bolt catch +/- 50% of the time.
    Last edited by MakGunTech; 05-07-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How did you measure your gas port?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did not yet. It is a hurricane butterfly barrel and what I’ve read is that they have a 1.6mm port for vented gas blocks. I have gauge pins, but I’m not sure I want to remove the gas block just yet.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MakGunTech View Post
    30 rounds into the range test and I have something to report. No malfunctions using standard carbine spring and H2 buffer. However, my brass is ejected rearward, about 5 o’clock and five to six feet away. That feels like a sign of an “under-gassed” system to me, am I reading too much in? It will also run in the “suppressed” setting with no change in ejection pattern (still without a suppressor).

Edit to add: It seems that with the standard carbine spring, and H2 buffer, the last round bolt hold open only works 100% of the time while in the “open“ or “unsuppressed“ setting. The gun will cycle and feed the next round out of the magazine while the gas block is set to “closed“ or “suppressed”, but will only actuate the bolt catch +/- 50% of the time.
    Thanks. Very helpful info.
    MakGunTech likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you have a hk op rod, hk carrier, hk 416 buffer and spring and a 1.6mm gas port there is no reason why it wouldn’t. Those AGB are designed specifically for those components.

When I say hk I mean made by hk just so we are clear ;)

My upper is 100% hk factory 416 down to the barrel and the agb worked semi and fa 500+ rounds so far

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Weigh your buffer I think hk 416 buffers are 4.7oz

Also I would not use a hk416 spring without the hk416 buffer. The 416 spring is heavier than a normal spring from what I have heard. Can anyone one confirm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links