416 10.4" and Adjustable Gas Block - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 416 10.4" and Adjustable Gas Block

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undertoe View Post
    If you have a hk op rod, hk carrier, hk 416 buffer and spring and a 1.6mm gas port there is no reason why it wouldn’t. Those AGB are designed specifically for those components.

When I say hk I mean made by hk just so we are clear ;)

My upper is 100% hk factory 416 down to the barrel and the agb worked semi and fa 500+ rounds so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Other than the Hurricane Butterfly barrel, the upper is 100 % new HK parts minus the buffer. And while there may be “no reason it shouldn’t work”, I’m telling you that I can ONLY get it to work with a standard AR15 carbine spring and H2 or lighter buffer. The heavier HK spring and, this is purely an educated guess at this point, heavier HK buffer will not function with this setup. If it comes to breaking down the gun I will measure my gas port with gauge pins, but at this point I will just call it a win that I don’t need a proprietary spring and buffer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Undertoe, what was your final configuration? Barrel length and barrel port size? Buffer type? Buffer Spring? Gas Block? You started by asking: "Does anyone run their 10.4" with one (AGB)? How does it work? Is it worth it?

Were you successful switching to an AGB for a 10.4?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links