HKPRO Forums banner

416 clone build & efile

6K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  MSOGDAWG 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been working on a HK416 clone using a Brownell's BRN-4 and a 416 upper. I currently have an SB3 brace on the build while I wait for tax stamp approval. In order to keep this HK I have included pics of the build so far. Also as a side note I want to keep those that are interested in the efile times updated. I started filling out forms and getting fingerprints and photos on 4/16/19. I had everything gathered and completely submitted in efile as of 4/17/2019 this included paying the $200 tax online. Once the Form 1 was completed online I received an email to send in with my fingerprint cards. I received this email right after I submitted the Form 1. Notes: Pictures, trust etc for upload cannot be larger than 3mb each. The email you get back once the Form 1 is submitted will have an attachment, you cannot see this attachment on your phone or ipad, you need to open the email on a computer. This attachment is what needs to be printed and sent in with your fingerprint cards. The fingerprint cards must be the blue applicant (FD-258) older versions that have the old ORI number stamped on them are accepted because once they are received by the NFA they put a sticker over the old info with the new info on it. My fingerprint cards were mailed 4/18/19 and delivered 4/19/19. as of this post I am still in the "submitted" phase.

The 416 is as I stated a Brownell's BRN-4 lower that I bought from them stripped. I had to wait for about 2ish months because I ordered when they were out of stock. I believe this was only due to the receiver still being done at PWSs facility. Once I got it I researched triggers and I decided to go with an ALG trigger. I completed the lower with the ALG and a standard AR15 lower parts kit. The buffer retainer, buffer retainer spring were purchased from one location and the buffer retainer roll pin from another. These three parts seem to be getting harder to find. I then put the SB3 brace on with a larger HK castle nut then the 416 upper I got from another member here. I used a Tango Down BG16 grip because I like the "older" 416 look. Once the build was about 95% done (5% for sights, optics etc) I test fired and was very happy. So happy that I have since acquired another BRN-4 stripped lower and I am working on it now, while I wait for the NFA to do their thing.
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Gun accessory

Airsoft Airsoft gun Trigger Gun accessory

See less See more
#8 ·
Not being a jerk and not trying to be un-helpful but this info is being withheld by me out of respect for the gentleman that did it. He had someone burn him over something stupid. (His story and business so I wont put anymore out there than that). Dont know anyone else. Alot of engraver info, I have learned, is played close to the chest so HK doesnt decide to give them (the engraver) grief over logo use, by unwashed mere mortals such as a stop using our sh!t letter.

#18 ·
Thanks brudda pics tonight if I can get em. Flooding has kept me kinda busy....Got tied up last night....a buddy was using his military truck for high water rescues due to our recent weather and local flooding. His seal to his air filter housing failed and he took on water and it choked out the truck. I drove in with my 5 ton, winched out to him and drug him out. Chest deep and dark with some displaced snakes made for an interesting night. Couldnt turn around either had to back up over a mile in low reverse dragging him with ground guides wading in the water to keep me on the road and avoid the ditches. And just to keep it HK I had my HK45 with me!!
Vehicle Boating Vacation River

Water Sky River Morning Water resources

#19 ·
Thanks brudda pics tonight if I can get em. Flooding has kept me kinda busy....Got tied up last night....a buddy was using his military truck for high water rescues due to our recent weather and local flooding. His seal to his air filter housing failed and he took on water and it choked out the truck. I drove in with my 5 ton, winched out to him and drug him out. Chest deep and dark with some displaced snakes made for an interesting night. Couldnt turn around either had to back up over a mile in low reverse dragging him with ground guides wading in the water to keep me on the road and avoid the ditches. And just to keep it HK I had my HK45 with me!!
View attachment 232498
View attachment 232500
Be safe....

#20 ·
MSOGDAWG,

Looking at those two pictures, I thought I was reading Steel Soldiers, not HK Pro. Your 5 ton looks sweet (front part of it anyway), and what type of MV did your buddy drive?

I own a 1970 Deuce. And when I do finally get it here to West Texas, I look forward to taking it out to an area where I can shoot OUT of the truck legally (HUGE RANCH).

Thanks for sharing it all, especially LESS than 30 day approval for an efiled form 1! That's pretty quick!!! Thanks for sharing that and the pictures. Where is all that water? South Texas? East Texas?

#21 ·
Buddy’s is an M931A2 tractor. Mine is an M925A2. Gulf coast area. Brazos river, San Bernard river and Oyster Creek. It actually was for sale on Steel Soldiers. After last night I pulled it from ebay and FB. Gotta take down my WTS on Steel Soldiers. Figure I better keep it. Thats 3 floods and 1 hurricane I have used it in now in as little as 3 years.

#23 · (Edited)
Here she is. Ol skewl stock, ol skewl grip and ol skewl ejection port cover.

Yes I do have a throw down Fakecog on it for now. (Hey it works and holds zero). Wil be mounting 1.5 “real” ACOG TA44

Attachments

#27 ·
SAWEET rig!! I got a weather alert about some tornado activity out San Angelo way. What binary? I have a Franklin still in the package I got for my clone. Havent had a chance to put it in yet, hopefully tomorrow. Anything you can tell me? If its Franklin did you use the included spring?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.