HK Sp5k Reliability Question: Barrel change/Suppressor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HK Sp5k Reliability Question: Barrel change/Suppressor

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyifyado View Post
    Do you suggest going with the hk thread?

I am planning on doing a tri-lug suppressor so does the thread count matter? Also is that what 1/2x32 and 1/2x28 is referring to? Thread count? What does the 1/2 refer to?

If I'm not mistaken, the Sp5k has no need for machining for the paddle release because the paddle release can be easily installed by consumers.
    1/2 is the thread diameter, 28 or 32 is thread pitch. If you’re using the 3 lug, the threading doesn’t matter since it will be covered up by a thread protector anyway. Personally, I’d choose 1/2x28 since there is isn’t that much compatibility with 1/2x32 in the US. For being more “correct”, you’ve already blown the “HKness” by using a non-HK barrel. Also, if you ever got rid of it, likely having the more “correct”, but less common, pitch may be a detriment.
    mmissile likes this.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all for the information. I would just like to open this thread back up to anyone else that may have experience in changing barrels in the roller-lock system vis-à-vis reliability. Does changing barrels on roller-lock guns lower reliability? Specifically, the SP5k comes with a 4.5" barrel and the B&T replacement barrel is (It actually doesn't say on HK parts, but on this install video looks to be an inch longer : approximately 5.5"). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M9DXR5POqo

Here is that B&T barrel. Any help on its length would be greatly appreciated as well. https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/B-T-...8-82p17955.htm

Additionally, just to cross-reference some information on the HK SP5k, as I had mentioned the paddle release was an easy drop-in installation, it appears the newer 2019 Sp5k's marked BK, from what I've read, have this block that must be removed in order to install the paddle release:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...ml#post3499700

Interestingly, at the end of this tutorial thread, bauerdb has an SP5k marked BK that does not have this block. Older SP5k's marked BH and BI, according to the posts in the thread above and below, do not have this block.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...ase-fyi-5.html

EDIT: I'm seeing BG stamps on gunbroker, any info on SP5k's stamped BG?
    Last edited by Dandyifyado; 05-21-2019 at 05:58 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Stick with the Tri-lug, 1/2X28. 1/2x32 is an odd ball thread pitch, all aftermarket suppressors are 1/2x28. A thread adapter or a used LEO KAC will thread on a X32.
    Bill
    Home

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Thank you all for the information. I would just like to open this thread back up to anyone else that may have experience in changing barrels in the roller-lock system vis-à-vis reliability. Does changing barrels on roller-lock guns lower reliability? Specifically, the SP5k comes with a 4.5" barrel and the B&T replacement barrel is (It actually doesn't say on HK parts, but on this install video looks to be an inch longer : approximately 5.5"). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M9DXR5POqo

Here is that B&T barrel. Any help on its length would be greatly appreciated as well. https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/B-T-...8-82p17955.htm

Additionally, just to cross-reference some information on the HK SP5k, as I had mentioned the paddle release was an easy drop-in installation, it appears the newer 2019 Sp5k's marked BK, from what I've read, have this block that must be removed in order to install the paddle release:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...ml#post3499700

Interestingly, at the end of this tutorial thread, bauerdb has an SP5k marked BK that does not have this block. Older SP5k's marked BH and BI, according to the posts in the thread above and below, do not have this block.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...ase-fyi-5.html

EDIT: I'm seeing BG stamps on gunbroker, any info on SP5k's stamped BG?
    B&T is a quality barrel. If you have a competent HK gunsmith swap out the barrel, it shouldnt affect reliability at all.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Hello everyone, this is my first post, and unsure if this should go in the NFA forum, but I put it here as my first question is:

Will changing the barrel out on an HK SP5k, say with a B&T barrel, with an HK gunsmith, hurt the reliability of the weapon?

I'm seriously considering the Sp5k for home defense, and would prefer to at least have the option to suppress it. I want HK reliability for this role, but am concerned with the impact on reliability when changing the barrel and also putting a suppressor on this changed barrel.

Additionally, does this void the HK warranty?

Thirdly, and just out of curiosity and love of other HK products, would there be any issues with barrel changes and suppressors with the other Roller-lock family (Mp5, HK 91, HK 93)?

Thank you!

just get a double barrel shotgun, and shoot two blasts off your back porch, all intruders will run away scared.

Any one know where this came from, I laughed my arse off when I watched that clip.
    Classic stuff.
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A pump rack of an 870 will scare them away. No shooting required

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Fascinating. A thread on replacing the barrel on a HK SP5K morphs into shotgun talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there was a member here who had h and k install a pdw barrel into his sp89, and according to another thread apparently HK offered the service for a limited time..??

it would be really nice if HK offered additional services for the SP5K at the least since nothing new has been added to their lineup really...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hello everyone, this is my first post, and unsure if this should go in the NFA forum, but I put it here as my first question is:

Will changing the barrel out on an HK SP5k, say with a B&T barrel, with an HK gunsmith, hurt the reliability of the weapon?

I'm seriously considering the Sp5k for home defense, and would prefer to at least have the option to suppress it. I want HK reliability for this role, but am concerned with the impact on reliability when changing the barrel and also putting a suppressor on this changed barrel.

Additionally, does this void the HK warranty?

Thirdly, and just out of curiosity and love of other HK products, would there be any issues with barrel changes and suppressors with the other Roller-lock family (Mp5, HK 91, HK 93)?

Thank you!
    Void warranty, yes

Reliability issues with a B&T barrel? Heck no. I had TSC Machine do mine, and it runs great. I use a AAC Tirant 9M with a 3 lug adapter, and I have zero issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links