MP5SD and Multiple Suppressors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MP5SD and Multiple Suppressors

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MP5SD and Multiple Suppressors

I just acquired my first MP5SD (minus a suppressor) and will buying one or two suppressors in the near future. For those of you who own MP5SDs, do you have multiple suppressors and if so, what brands did you go with?

I'm looking to buy a RDTS, B&T, and/or TPM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I went with a kac mp5sd can because the b&t cans were out of stock at the time and tsc pointed me to a kac dealer who had the knights can in stock. Honestly I might pick up a b&t myself in the future because I prefer the look over the kac one.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I have the KAC SD suppressor along with the B&T one and the stubby TPM one. The TPM is not as quiet as the other two due to its shorter length but I like
    it due to its shortness. My buddy whose hearing is better than mine swears that the B&T is the quietest one. Stands to reason as it is approx. 1.6 inches in diameter
    and the Knight one is about 1.3 inches if I remember correctly. Never heard the RDTS but I think it is fairly heavy from comments made by those that have one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I have the b&t one which is the same as the hk factory on and I heard the silencerco one is very nice I would like to in the end also get a KAC one too

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

TPM, B&T, KAC owner here.

I've got a several thousand rounds through the TPM. I highly recommend this suppressor.

I've got 100 rounds through the B&T. It's nothing special.

I've never mounted or fired the KAC suppressor.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I have the KAC and a TSC (I believe no longer in production). Really like both. The TSC can is a reproduction (inside and out) of the factory original. So, it gives me both looks of the true HK offering.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    TPM, B&T, KAC owner here.

I've got a several thousand rounds through the TPM. I highly recommend this suppressor.

I've got 100 rounds through the B&T. It's nothing special.

I've never mounted or fired the KAC suppressor.

I have these same 3 cans plus a RDTS, a short TPM, and a SiliencerCo Omega9SD. I agree, the B&T is somewhat disappointing. The KAC has a different tone, but not as quiet as some of the others. Of the 6, the TPM cans are my favorites. Not much drop off in the short can and much more compact.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I have the KAC and a TSC (I believe no longer in production). Really like both. The TSC can is a reproduction (inside and out) of the factory original. So, it gives me both looks of the true HK offering.
    When I had Mike make me a SD not that long ago he had given up on making them. He didn't have the materials anymore and I know he doesn't like doing the stippling either(at least in any volume). He told me to call Bernie as he had kac cans still.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have both the KAC and B&T but have only shot the KAC so far. It's pretty darned quiet despite it's smaller diameter.

Like HKChuck I have designs on a TPM shorty can but haven't gotten there (yet):)
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NFATCA Member

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1-504PIR View Post
    I just acquired my first MP5SD (minus a suppressor) and will buying one or two suppressors in the near future. For those of you who own MP5SDs, do you have multiple suppressors and if so, what brands did you go with?

I'm looking to buy a RDTS, B&T, and/or TPM.
    Depends on what you want.....if you want shhhhhhh the RDTS H.E. {High Efficiency} is like shooting a bb gun. However, the trade off is weight. I've got a few suppressors, this one is by far the quietest thing I've run into. Ralph will hook you up....you should talk to him.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links